Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

How To Revitalize Stagnating Website Traffic - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Revitalize Stagnating Website Traffic (480 Views)

Nabsolute Detox Serum Your Ultimate Solution To Detoxify & Revitalize Your Skin / Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah Reassures Anambra South Of His Zeal To Revitalize Its Economy / Senate Urges FG To Adopt Policies To Revitalize Tourism Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Revitalize Stagnating Website Traffic by NickyBella18(m): 8:52pm On Feb 01, 2020
[code][/code]Has your website traffic been on the decline and you have no idea what might be causing it to stagnate? This can be an alarming discovery, especially for small to medium sized businesses.

Without a consistent stream of visitors, your online business will lose influence and positioning in the SERPs. If you find yourself in this undesirable situation, don’t panic. There are a number of ways to begin revitalizing your traffic numbers.

Paid search
The simplest and quickest way to give your website traffic a boost is through paid search on platforms such as Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising or Instagram. Depending on the nature of your business goals, you will have to choose the right platform and plan a strategy that suits your objectives.

However, it’s important to keep in mind that paid search is a short-term strategy and generally doesn’t help increase organic traffic on a long-term basis.

Optimize on-page SEO
On-page SEO is enormously important to boost your website positioning and increase its relevance in the search engines.

Here’s a short checklist to get you started:

Keyword placement (titles, description, body)
Internal links
Image optimization
Content length, quality and relevance
Page speed
Without proper on-site optimizations, users will have a much harder time finding your content and be much more likely to leave your website when they land on it. If you notice a trend of users exiting your site immediately after arriving, it is a good idea to learn how to interpret and improve your bounce rate.

Maintain your social media
A surprising number of online businesses completely neglect to maintain a presence and grow a community on social media. In this day and age, this type of oversight should be seen as completely unacceptable.

Not only is social media a dependable way to increase your website traffic, it is absolutely vital to compete with other businesses.

Perform competitive research
Speaking of competing with other businesses, if you’re at a loss for how to increase your traffic, you should be investing some time researching the competition. There are plenty of tools on the web that will help you in this endeavour.

Here are a few questions you should ask this regard:

Who are your 5 closest competitors?
How does their content compare to your own?
Is their SEO better optimized?
What are they sharing on social media?
What are they doing that you have neglected?
Capture customer emails for promotion
With new technologies and strategies surfacing on a daily basis, it can be easy to ignore the tried-and-true methods that have worked for a long time. Email is one such method.

If your website offers deals, a newsletter or a free download, you can ask customers to enter their email to reap the rewards or sign up. Once you have built an email list, you can send out targeted promotions periodically to bring in more qualified traffic that leads to conversions.

Blogger outreach and guest posting
Another sure-fire way to drive traffic to your website is using blogger outreach and guest posts on external blogs to gain visibility with new audiences. Many blogs are constantly searching for new contributors that have interesting content to propose to their readers.

Keep an eye for blogs in your sector that have a ‘Write For Us’ link on their homepage. Be warned, most worthwhile sites have strict guidelines that you will have to follow if you hope to publish an article that contains a link back your business on their website.

Make your website responsive
As of 2018, mobile traffic accounts for over half of all website traffic. With this in mind, your website will inevitably miss out on a large share of traffic if it is not well-optimized for mobile devices. Also keep in mind that responsive site design involves more than just having a functioning website on mobile.

Here are some key things ask yourself when making your site responsive:

Is your page loading speed fast enough?
How touch and scroll-friendly is your website?
Is your typography easy to read?
Is your navigation fluid across different browsers and devices?
Perform regular analysis
In addition to the above-mentioned traffic drivers, it’s important to analyze your website every month to uncover any inefficiencies that may be leading to lower-than-usual traffic numbers. For example, you can check the bounce rate for different pages and determine which pages might have issues that are causing users to flee.

Conclusion
A drop in website traffic can be a serious letdown, especially if it continues to decline with no sign of picking up steam. In the end, a proactive approach is necessary to experience growth in terms of website visitors.

Don’t hesitate to explore new avenues for traffic acquisition and ensure that you maintain the ones that deliver the best results. With a little bit of elbow grease, your website traffic should be revitalized in no time.
Conclusion
A drop in website traffic can be a serious letdown, especially if it continues to decline with no sign of picking up steam. In the end, a proactive approach is necessary to experience growth in terms of website visitors.

Don’t hesitate to explore new avenues for traffic acquisition and ensure that you maintain the ones that deliver the best results. With a little bit of elbow grease, your website traffic should be revitalized in no time.

Good Friday Images!
Good Friday Images!
Re: How To Revitalize Stagnating Website Traffic by chiboy441(m): 9:06am On Feb 03, 2020
Good job keep it up. Actually when people talk about guest blog, it's sometimes hard to find a popular site that will allow low sites to exchange post.

In Nigeria, guys will bill you up to 20-100k Naira to publish your article. I remember a vanguard editor requested me to pay him 350k naria to add a line with one key pointing to my business site. Of course I rejected the offer. With 100$ I got some Indian guys who did proper SEO backlink connecting the site to same vanguard. Now instead of one key, I got more than 20.

Well, I always help does who request from me. It's always win win...
Re: How To Revitalize Stagnating Website Traffic by webtizers: 5:53am On Apr 15, 2020
Thanks for an amazing writeup.
You have mentioned keyword major points at revitalizing an old blog. I would suggest some of the following too..:
1. Repossess your content and make it fresh This can be done easily and the search engines love it
2. Look for fresh, relevant content ideas, conduct appropriate keyword research for SEO and optimize such on your page
3. Promote your content on various social media platforms at least to generate traction
4. Build links
5. Monetize your traffic when they start coming in eventually

I hope these tips help.

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Please Help Me... I'm Dying Of Hunger / The Legal Implication Of The Term Next Of Kin / Armed Fulani Storm Abeokuta Prayer Mountain, Kidnap Worshipers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.