Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,558 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power (1436 Views)

Khan: Russia adds ICC Prosecutor Who Wanted Putin Arrested to its "Wanted List' / Putin Introduced Martial Law In The Annexed Former Ukraine Regions / Zelensky Urges Biden Not To Sanction Russian Oligarch, Roman Abramovich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:49pm On Feb 01, 2020
Report: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden - Not Trump - Abused Power
By Randy DeSoto
Published January 31, 2020 at 11:46am

The former Ukrainian prosecutor whose firing played centrally in the Democratic House’s impeachment of President Donald Trump reportedly filed a complaint with Ukraine’s National Bureau of Investigation this week demanding an investigation be opened against Democratic presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden.

The French news site Les Crises posted a copy of the complaint in English in which Viktor Shokin charges that Biden wrongfully orchestrated his ouster as Ukraine’s prosecutor general.

“Throughout the last months of 2015 and the first months of 2016 Joseph Biden, taking advantage of his position, came several times on official visits to Ukraine in order to negotiate with the leaders of the country my eviction and, consequently, the closing of the objective investigation into the offenses committed by persons associated with the company ‘Burisma Holding Limited’ (Cyprus), including the son of the aforementioned US official,” Shokin’s complaint reads.

The former vice president’s son, Hunter Biden, was reportedly paid at least $50,000 a month and possibly upward of $83,000 a month to serve on the board of the Ukrainian natural gas firm Burisma at the same time his father was the Obama administration’s point man for U.S. foreign policy regarding Ukraine.

“Due to continued pressure from the Vice President of the United States Joseph Biden to oust me from the job by blackmailing the allocation of financial assistance, I, as the man who places the State interests above my personal interests, I agreed to abandon the post of Prosecutor General of Ukraine,” Shokin wrote in his complaint.

He went on to say, “After my resignation caused by illegal pressure, no active investigation into the offenses concerning the company ‘Burisma Holding Limited’ (Cyprus) was carried out and, therefore, the persons implicated in these offenses were not identified, nor arrested or charged.”

Shokin concluded that Biden “abused his power as the Vice-President of the United States in order to prevent me from carrying out my duties as the Prosecutor General of Ukraine.”

At a Council on Foreign Relations event in January 2018, Biden bragged about an official visit he took to Ukraine in March 2016 during which he demanded then-President Petro Poroshenko fire Shokin or not receive $1 billion in U.S. loan guarantees.

“I said, ‘You’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in,’ I think it was, ‘about six hours.’ I looked at them and said, ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,’” Biden recalled telling Poroshenko.

“Well, son of a b—-, he got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time,” the former vice president recounted.

President Donald Trump’s mention of Biden’s comments on his July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and his request to look into the matter is what the “whistleblower” pointed to as an abuse of power by Trump.

The original media reports were that Trump made a quid pro quo demand of Zelensky: investigate Joe and Hunter Biden or forgo $391 million in U.S. military aid.

Then Trump released the transcript undercutting this narrative.

The president said during his call with Zelensky, “[T]here’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the attorney general would be great.

“Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it … It sounds horrible to me.”

No quid pro quo demand was made. The proof is in the pudding that Ukraine never launched or announced it would launch an investigation into the Bidens and the aid was released in mid-September.

Both Zelensky and Ukraine’s foreign minister confirmed to media outlets on multiple occasions they felt no pressure by the request to open an investigation.

Investigative journalist John Solomon of The Hill said on Fox News in October that some media outlets wrongly reported that Shokin had closed his investigation into Burisma when Biden called for his ouster.

“Not true,” Solomon told Fox News host Sean Hannity. “I have the prosecutorial file. It was active.”

“I have the emails of the Burisma [legal] team negotiating with the prosecutor the very day that Shokin was fired,” he added.

The reporter added that Shokin offered sworn testimony that he was told he was fired because Joe Biden was not happy the prosecutor had not dropped the Burisma case.

In a piece for The Hill, Solomon wrote, “In a newly sworn affidavit prepared for a European court, Shokin testified that when he was fired in March 2016, he was told the reason was that Biden was unhappy about the Burisma investigation.”

“The truth is that I was forced out because I was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma Holdings, a natural gas firm active in Ukraine and Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, was a member of the Board of Directors,” Shokin testified.

The more we learn about the Bidens’ dealings in the Ukraine, the more it becomes clear that it’s not Trump who should have been investigated for wrongdoing, it is Joe Biden.

https://www.westernjournal.com/report-former-ukraine-prosecutor-files-complaint-charging-biden-not-trump-abused-power/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by Newsblenda(m): 10:00pm On Feb 01, 2020
Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:32am On Aug 05, 2020
Joe Biden's corruption would not let him get up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:37am On Mar 27, 2022
Hunter's laptop

2 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:25am On Apr 05, 2022
The Hunter Biden's Laptop

2 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by VictorUSA(m): 8:36am On Apr 05, 2022
Just another distraction to get Biden's attention away from doing his job by dealing with putin.
Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:39pm On Apr 09, 2022
VictorUSA:

Just another distraction to get Biden's attention away from doing his job by dealing with putin.

Liberals are now tasting their own medicines and finding out how bitter it is. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by VictorUSA(m): 6:56pm On Apr 09, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Liberals are now tasting their own medicines and finding out how bitter it is. cheesy
How? Xplane.
Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:48pm On Apr 09, 2022
VictorUSA:

How? Xplane.

Think about all the distractions the liberal media and the phantom impeachments the democrats constantly used on President Trump.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by VictorUSA(m): 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Think about all the distractions the liberal media and the phantom impeachments the democrats constantly used on President Trump.
But this distraction is caused by russia not republicans.
Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2022
VictorUSA:

But this distraction is caused by russia not republicans.

Blame it on Hillary Clinton, Putin's agent.

2 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by VictorUSA(m): 8:16pm On Apr 09, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Blame it on Hillary Clinton, Putin's agent.
Hillary Clinton was never Putin's agent as the media sugests.They were stark enemies.
Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2022
VictorUSA:

Hillary Clinton was never Putin's agent as the media sugests.They were stark enemies.

Don't believe the propaganda of the liberal media, read the Durham report as posted in the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/7063046/durham-report-proves-hillary-clinton

2 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by VictorUSA(m): 9:07pm On Apr 09, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Don't believe the propaganda of the liberal media, read the Durham report as posted in the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/7063046/durham-report-proves-hillary-clinton
That is a mere propaganda.Don't read theory, observe facts.By so doing, you will realize that Trump and Putin are conspirators with thesame goal.
Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:17pm On Apr 09, 2022
VictorUSA:

That is a mere propaganda.Don't read theory, observe facts.By so doing, you will realize that Trump and Putin are conspirators with thesame goal.

The thread I directed you to is the result of many months of investigation carried out and is the fact you need to know, not the propaganda you've been led to believe.

2 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by VictorUSA(m): 9:50pm On Apr 09, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

The thread I directed you to is the result of many months of investigation carried out and is the fact you need to know, not the propaganda you've been led to believe.
I don't believe crap.That is a complete work of fiction.They just succeeded in publishing their imagination.

The Steele Dossier was paid for by Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee.If Hillary was the putin puppet, when trump won, she wouldn't have paid to write an investigative article about the plans she really orchestrated considering how smart the American Intelligence Community is.That is a cheap propaganda by staunch trump supporters to deter the chances of current administration and to help boost the favourability of Trump's 2024 presidential ambition.
Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28pm On Apr 09, 2022
VictorUSA:

I don't believe crap.That is a complete work of fiction.They just succeeded in publishing their imagination.

The Steele Dossier was paid for by Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee.If Hillary was the putin puppet, when trump won, she wouldn't have paid to write an investigative article about the plans she really orchestrated considering how smart the American Intelligence Community is.That is a cheap propaganda by staunch trump supporters to deter the chances of current administration and to help boost the favourability of Trump's 2024 presidential ambition.

You are free to believe whatever propaganda you want to believe. It's a free world. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2022
State-Run Media
Tom Stiglich March 7, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2022
The April Fool

THE APRIL FOOL

Earlier this week I posted a cartoon titled "The Great Slappening of 2022," and in one of the vignettes I featured Joe Biden getting slapped. It was of course a play on Will Smith's slapping of Chris Rock. Maybe it's the nice guy in me fighting his way to the surface, but I don't really want to see Joe or anyone else taking a slap. I said as much in my post that went with the cartoon, but for some reason I felt particularly bad about drawing Sleepy Joe taking it on the cheek. After all, it's not really his fault that he has screwed up everything he's touched. That's what he does. Even Obama said so.

It’s not really Joe's fault that the election was stolen for him and that he was installed by the globalist New World Order. Sure, we heard Biden say he decided to run because of his lie that Trump praised Nazis or something, but that was just virtue signaling on Joe's part. The real reason he was put into power was because the central bankers were terrified of Bernie and his overly overt Marxist ways. Joe is a reliably corrupt bag man who does as he’s told. That doesn’t mean we shouldn't show him a modicum of compassion.

Yes, I'm starting to feel sorry for Joe. The poor guy gets propped up at the podium like a mannikin and his jaw begins to move mechanically. He mumbles and sometimes even whispers the words planned for him. If he does deviate from his script, alarming gaffes inevitably follow. It's pitiable sight.

It would be better if Joe retired to his beach house. I can picture him now on his back deck rocking chair with a melting ice cream in his wrinkled mitt yelling at the waves. Yes, Joe is a tragic figure. We should show more respect for our elders—even Joe. He deserves neither slap nor scorn but rather our understanding.

APRIL FOOLS! F___ JOE BIDEN!*
— Ben Garrison
smiley

*We had a few people actually believe Ben’s April Fools post- to be clear Ben has 0 respect for Joe Biden and believes the Democrats and the cabal stole the election to install the feeble corpse puppet, the FAKE President, Biden.
…..Continue Reading

2 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2022
Day 4 || Triumphant Power || GCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3TAwPEdXjw

Check in here! Christ, the mighty Redeemer has a package of Triumphant Power for you, at this Global Crusade with Kumuyi:
Theme: Triumphant Power by Christ's Redemption
Date: August 25 - 30, 2022.
Time: 16:00 GMT daily and 07:00 GMT on Sunday, August 28, 2022
Special Features:
The Great Change (Impact Academy for Youth) on August 27, 2022
Ministers' and Professionals' Conference 06:00 GMT daily on August 26, 29 and 30, 2022

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pastorkumuyiofficial
https://facebook.com/dclmhq

YouTube:
https://youtube.com/dclmhq

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/dclmhq
https://www.instagram.com/officialwfkumuyi/

DCLM Webcast:
https://webcast.dclm.org

DCLM Radio
https://radio.dclm.org
You can also download the DCLM Radio app on Google Play store.

If you just gave your life to Jesus Christ, please click on the link below to help assist you further in your walk with the Lord.

Link: https://dclm.org/connectwithchrist/

2 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:58pm On Dec 14, 2022
Coming Back to Haunt...
Gary Varvel December 14, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35am On Dec 22, 2022
A.F. Branco Cartoon – Breach
A.F. BRANCO on December 20, 2022 at 5:00 am

Twitter FBI Intelligence agency

Elon Musk exposed Twitter files reveal the FBI breached the 1st Amendment by pushing censorship on conservatives and interfering with the election. Political cartoon by A.F. Branco ©2022.

2 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:05am On Jan 16, 2023
Nothing Found
Gary Varvel January 11, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:26am On Jan 20, 2023
A.F. Branco Cartoon – Garage Sale
A.F. BRANCO on January 19, 2023 at 5:00 am

Double Standard Classified

The left-wing Mainstream has a definite double standard when covering Biden's classified document scandal vs Trump. Political cartoon by A.F. Branco ©2023.

2 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Apr 10, 2023
Perfect…
Michael Ramirez April 9, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:35am On May 22, 2023
The Donkey...

The question is, will anyone from the FBI be punished for election interference while brazenly attacking the Democrats' political enemies? (Home raids on Donald Trump, Roger Stone, and Christians opposed to abortion, etc). Of course not! The FBI will not be punished at all even though they deserve to be completely broken up. Instead, those in the FBI who carry out illegal acts for the Democrats will be rewarded with bonuses and promotions.

Whistleblowers from within the FBI will continue to be crushed. Those opposed to election theft by Democrats will be harassed and locked up without due process. The FBI will continue to infiltrate the righteously angry in an undercover manner and set them up for arrest.

We know the FBI had four different cases open against the Clintons. All of those investigations were shut down by 2016 under orders from corrupt FBI leaders. They have become a rogue institution. They may insist upon the respect they might have had a few decades ago, but everyone now knows the FBI are no longer investigating crime. They are covering up crime. They have become criminals themselves. They do not answer to Congress or the American people. The FBI is now there to protect the interests of the Bolshevik Democrat Party.

The Democrats are doing what Bolsheviks always do—they want their political enemies harassed, locked up, and destroyed. The leaders in the old Soviet Union used the NKVD and later KGB to crush dissent. The US Bolshevik Democrats are now using the FBI as their muscle. They use force because they lack any moral standing. Americans do not want to cooperate with their Marxist 'equity' along with the woke 'trans' and 'climate change' nonsense. The Democrats have very weak and unpopular policies. They want endless war, wide open borders, and a submissive population. They also want massive inflation, which is leading to the end of the middle class. The Marxist Democrats desire the destruction of American culture.

Increasingly, the Democrats are willing to use force and fear to get their way. The FBI is all-too willing to cooperate.

Abolish the FBI and the rest of the Alphabet agencies!

— The GrrrTeam

Continue Reading

2 Likes

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by ycat: 5:59am On May 23, 2023

1 Like

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
A.F. Branco Cartoon – What's At Stake
A.F. BRANCO on June 14, 2023 at 5:00 am

Jack Smith Witchhunter

Special Council Jack Smith continues the left’s witchhunt against President Trump by indicting him on Frivolous charges. Cartoon by A.F. Branco.

1 Like

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2023
A.F. Branco Cartoon – Lockdown
A.F. BRANCO on June 20, 2023 at 5:00 am

Media Backout on Biden Corruption

200 plus media stories on Trump’s arrest, 0 stories on Biden bribery scandal. Cartoon by A.F. Branco ©2023.

1 Like

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2023
Fragile
Michael Ramirez June 29, 2023

1 Like

Re: Former Ukraine Prosecutor Files Complaint Charging Biden-Not Trump-Abused Power by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:34am On Jul 13, 2023
Can Be Bought
Tom Stiglich June 29, 2023

Under Joe Biden, the White House can be bought by cronies, foreign governments and anyone else who’s ok with "10% for the Big Guy."

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ukraine Given Nearly 20k Anti-tank And Anti-aircraft Missiles So Far. / Inside The Submarine Capable Of Launching Nuclear Missiles. / Is This Real:ronaldo Pictured Holding "GEJ2015" Placard Endorsing Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.