Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

5 Abuja Residents Arrested Over False Claim Of Contracting Coronavirus (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Abuja Residents Arrested Over False Claim Of Contracting Coronavirus (photo) (777 Views)

Rape: Izu Madubueze Reads Suicide Note Before Killing Self Over False Accusation / Maria Adesanya: Nigerian Lady To Be Deported From UK For Bribe And False Claim / Kidnappers And Armed Robbers Terrorizing Adamawa Residents, Arrested. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Abuja Residents Arrested Over False Claim Of Contracting Coronavirus (photo) by ExAngel007(f): 10:03pm On Feb 01, 2020

Five Abuja residents have been arrested and
paraded by the police in the Federal Capital
Territory for invading the Wuse General
Hospital with false claims of having contracted
Coronavirus.

The Command Public Relations Officer, DSP
Anjuguri Manza, who paraded the
five suspects before newsmen, gave their
names as Peggy Shandi (M), Abayomi
Adedoyin (M), David Gold Enemigin (M)
Priscilla AJesola (F) and Jacob Oji (M).

According to Manza, the suspects claimed to
be playing out a script about the virus
without the knowledge or authorization of the
relevant authorities of the FCTA.

Vanguard reports that the alleged pranksters
had reportedly gone to the Wuse District
Hospital claiming that one of them had been
infected with the Coronavirus, an action
which led to panic and confusion as well as a
disruption of normal health service delivery at
the hospital.

The police spokesperson said investigations
into the activities of the suspects were
ongoing.

One of the suspects Peggy Shandi said their
action was merely a prank about the
coronavirus.

The FCT Police Command said it was still
investigating the case and on the conclusion,
the suspects would be charged to court.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/5-abuja-residents-arrested-over-claims-of-contracting-coronavirus/
Re: 5 Abuja Residents Arrested Over False Claim Of Contracting Coronavirus (photo) by kunleweb: 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2020
Pistotita I hope you can see the what your destiny is since you've refused to stop been stvp coold

1 Like

Re: 5 Abuja Residents Arrested Over False Claim Of Contracting Coronavirus (photo) by cassidy1996(m): 10:06pm On Feb 01, 2020
hmmmm....
Re: 5 Abuja Residents Arrested Over False Claim Of Contracting Coronavirus (photo) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 01, 2020
With the look of things, the tall lanky guy might be having the virus raise to power 2.

They should "prank" them also with 3months jail terms so that others can learn never to raise false alarm.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Abuja Residents Arrested Over False Claim Of Contracting Coronavirus (photo) by Nbote(m): 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
Jus imagine dis edits... U decided to prank a general hospital with d coronavirus? In dis critical time? Dey shld first b checked into a psychiatric hospital before checked into a prison as prank

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Abuja Residents Arrested Over False Claim Of Contracting Coronavirus (photo) by meum: 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
grin grin grin
I would have said God should give them their heart desire but it will affect other Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: 5 Abuja Residents Arrested Over False Claim Of Contracting Coronavirus (photo) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
Please my beloved friends of Nairaland, if you can remember all my cry and begging here every day. Since I'm good with computer so someone suggested I should go and join one computer training class coming up in a few days from now. He promised to pay the fee for me which is #15,000 but right now my biggest problem is a laptop. And he said I should make sure I have a good high-speed laptop before going for the training. I asked about the training and so many people advised that once I'm done with it that I could be writing both CVs creating websites, Internet security and mobile apps, and other things and the stuff pays a lot. So here is the message from the class this evening Training for Cyber Security, Website & Mobile App design. Date: February: 10 to 12 for Weekday 15 & 16 For Weekend. Venue: Onatrix Garden, Zone 5, From Berger get to Sky Memorial. For transfer: 03644**** - GTB - #15,000 - We advise you make Payment now, chat on Whatsapp with transfer evidence to get theory material to study if you are in Abuja you should know about Brekete Family, that is where the training is taking place. Please I beg of you all to please help me with a laptop please my good friends please. You can check my other post if you have forgotten about my cries and begging about my kids here and on Twitter. Please I really need this please God bless you as you assist Amen.

My number is +234 807 075 1915 both on WhatsApp please help
Re: 5 Abuja Residents Arrested Over False Claim Of Contracting Coronavirus (photo) by yanabasee(m): 10:47pm On Feb 01, 2020
Why would anyone joke with a thing like this?

Do they think that China is happy with the gruesome death score!!?

They should send them to China, to use dem for a case study and test the cure for nCoRv.
Re: 5 Abuja Residents Arrested Over False Claim Of Contracting Coronavirus (photo) by Phygo(m): 11:11am On Feb 02, 2020
Shooting yourself by yourself
Re: 5 Abuja Residents Arrested Over False Claim Of Contracting Coronavirus (photo) by Debbypeterson: 5:27pm On Feb 02, 2020
ExAngel007:

Five Abuja residents have been arrested and
paraded by the police in the Federal Capital
Territory for invading the Wuse General
Hospital with false claims of having contracted
Coronavirus.

The Command Public Relations Officer, DSP
Anjuguri Manza, who paraded the
five suspects before newsmen, gave their
names as Peggy Shandi (M), Abayomi
Adedoyin (M), David Gold Enemigin (M)
Priscilla AJesola (F) and Jacob Oji (M).

According to Manza, the suspects claimed to
be playing out a script about the virus
without the knowledge or authorization of the
relevant authorities of the FCTA.

Vanguard reports that the alleged pranksters
had reportedly gone to the Wuse District
Hospital claiming that one of them had been
infected with the Coronavirus, an action
which led to panic and confusion as well as a
disruption of normal health service delivery at
the hospital.

The police spokesperson said investigations
into the activities of the suspects were
ongoing.

One of the suspects Peggy Shandi said their
action was merely a prank about the
coronavirus.

The FCT Police Command said it was still
investigating the case and on the conclusion,
the suspects would be charged to court.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/5-abuja-residents-arrested-over-claims-of-contracting-coronavirus/

Na Una mate still dey play pranks?
Re: 5 Abuja Residents Arrested Over False Claim Of Contracting Coronavirus (photo) by alabi484(m): 5:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
Some people just don't have sense

(1) (Reply)

6 Pregnant Girls Rescued From Ogun Baby Factory [PHOTOS] / Gunmen Attack Lanre Teriba, Condition Unstable In Lagos Hospital. / "I Wanted Drive Big Cars, Build A House" - 18yr Uncle Who Killed Twins Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.