Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,817,001 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club (4225 Views)

Nadal Beats Ruud To Win His 14th French Open And 22nd Grand Slam Title / Chrisantus Macauley Joins HJK Helsinki From Real Murcia / Throwback Photo Of Macauley Chrisantus And Toni Kross In 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by reportminds: 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2020
What happened to Nigerian striker, Macauley Chrisantus?

This has been the question on the lips of many followers of the forward.

It was reported that days ago that Former Golden Eaglets forward Chrisantus Macauley has signed for Saudi Arabian second tier club Hetten FC.

The FIFA U-17 2007 star has reportedly played for 13 clubs in the last 14 years.

Recall that 29 years old finished as top-scorer at the 2007 Fifa Under-17 World Cup with seven goals.

The U-17 tournament in 2007 produced stars like Toni Kroos of Real Madrid, David De Gea of Manchester United and former Barca star, Bojan, Danny Welbeck of Watford, Danny Rose and so many.

Recall that with seven appearances, and seven goals helped Nigeria to success in the tournament.

Marcaulay also won the Silver Ball for second-best player at the biennial tournament, behind Toni Kroos and Bojan who represented Spain came third.

Below is a list of 14 clubs Macauley Chrisantus has played for:

2008–2009 Hamburger SV II

2008–2012 Hamburger SV

2009–2011 Karlsruher SC (loan)

2011–2012 FSV Frankfurt (loan)

2012–2014 Las Palmas

2014–2015 Sivasspor

2015–2016 AEK Athens

2016–2017 Reus

2017 Lamia

2018 Real Murcia

2018 HJK Helsinki

2019 Conquense

2019 Zob Ahan

2020 Hetten

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/02/nigerian-striker-macauley-chrisantus.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

1 Share

Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by voltron14: 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2020
Was easily 27 years old in that picture.

3 Likes

Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by dawnomike(m): 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
Not so bad ... grin
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by thundafire: 5:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
He is still 27 wow even Lala is not upto 17 years

1 Like

Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 02, 2020
Such a waste of talent. Names like Isa, Oseni, Azeez, Rabiu and Haruna will never be forgotten by those who watched the 2007 tournament. Too bad they never lived to their full potentials. Those guys are gods compared to our current u17 teams.
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by DeeMain(m): 8:25pm On Feb 02, 2020
Wizzz1:
Such a waste of talent. Names like Isa, Oseni, Azeez, Rabiu and Haruna will never be forgotten by those who watched the 2007 tournament. Too bad they never lived to their full potentials. Those guys are gods compared to our current u17 teams.

Which full potential? When overaged men at their peak are bullying little boys and winning trophies and MVPs it's called wickedness and shortsightedness and should be utterly condemned and never celebrated, period.

3 Likes

Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 02, 2020
DeeMain:

Which full potential? When overaged men at their peak are bullying little boys and winning trophies and MVPs it's called wickedness and shortsightedness and should be condemned and never celebrated, period.
those boys were skillful, confident and smart. Against Columbia we could not play well because our opponents were like giants. The boys instinctly stopped all form of air balls. If those Columbians were not over aged then I beg to differ, our boys were not over aged too. Bone tests were carried out on these players to confirm their age, do you know better than an MRI machine? Abi na you born them?
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by DeeMain(m): 10:19pm On Feb 02, 2020
Wizzz1:
those boys were skillful, confident and smart. Against Columbia we could not play well because our opponents were like giants. The boys instinctly stopped all form of air balls. If those Columbians were not over aged then I beg to differ, our boys were not over aged too. Bone tests were carried out on these players to confirm their age, do you know better than an MRI machine? Abi na you born them?

Smh. I agree with you.

Blatant, callous and shameless cheats.

#Nonsense
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 03, 2020
He moved from Zob Ahan(Iran) to Hetten(Arabia). I will say no more :X

Meanwhile, with 13 clubs in 14 years, we are pleased to welcome Macauley Chrisantus to the esteemed club of journeymen footballers.

Round of applause, ladies and gentlemen.

I sort of envy those guys though. They get to see a lot of the world from moving around. Only drawback is you never get to build a proper career in football.

1 Like

Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by cr7lomo: 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
Is that not real Madrid's kroose up there ??
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by daveP(m): 12:32am On Feb 04, 2020
3 mvps, only one was the true mvp. Toni Kroos!!!

He looked 27yrs old then. Now he will be like 39 if not 40years old.

1 Like

Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by Chidonsky: 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2020
Wizzz1:
bro,i will never forget that naija versus Columbia match.How they transformed that match to their favour is always something to talk about.They just brought the ball down and changed the tempo of the game for the columbians.
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:36am On Aug 13, 2020
DeeMain:

Which full potential? When overaged men at their peak are bullying little boys and winning trophies and MVPs it's called wickedness and shortsightedness and should be utterly condemned and never celebrated, period.
you think everything is by age.... What of those from these top countries that don't hit proper limelights... Where are Toni kross mates in that German team then how about de gea team mates in Spain...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by paulolee(m): 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2020
thats the effect of age cheats thats drawing African football backwards...other people de follow do am bt naija own de too worst and shameful..
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by paulolee(m): 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
OGHENAOGIE:
you think everything is by age.... What of those from these top countries that don't hit proper limelights... Where are Toni kross mates in that German team then how about de gea team mates in Spain...
yeah, i get ur point thats success in football is not easy and being consistent like kroos and de gea for a long period of time isn't easy but the main point is that age cheats is killing our football badly...let me ask you, when last did u see any of our naija players that dominated the u-17 competition in our own national team or in a top club in Europe??
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by Justice505: 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2020
paulolee:

yeah, i get ur point thats success in football is not easy and being consistent like kroos and de gea for a long period of time isn't easy but the main point is that age cheats is killing our football badly...let me ask you, when last did u see any of our naija players that dominated the u-17 competition in our own national team or in a top club in Europe??
Just look at how you are fooling your self on nairaland, read you say no.

The current african most expensive player victor osihem, who is also the highest go scorer in the under 17 world cup is a member of the nigeria super eagles team and has score four goals please read about it.

Villareal samuel chukwueze, lechester city ididi and ihenacho are all product of our under 17 and all won the under 17 competition and there are still on the limelight for all to see.

Please read wide before making some comment.

1 Like

Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by prodigyhenry: 4:22pm On Aug 13, 2020
Justice505:

The current african most expensive player victor osihem, who is also the highest go scorer in the under 17 world cup is a member of the nigeria super eagles team and has score four goals please read about it.

Villareal samuel chukwueze, lechester city ididi and ihenacho are all product of our under 17 and all won the under 17 competition and there are still on the limelight for all to see.

Ndidi didnt play any age grade competition for naija. Though you have a point and that's true that your success in age grade competition doesn't determine how far you'd go in life. You have to put in the work, many players never made it into age grade football, some didn't do well but now they are celebrated. Who knew Ronaldo in u-17, u-20 or neymar or mbappe or many other superstars.. it just hard-work and consistency. And in my own view making it in age grade was even an impediment to the development of many of these footballers. They got cocky and overconfident thinking they have arrived.
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by paulolee(m): 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2020
Justice505:

yea, i kno all these but i asked that question to point out soo many factors why i think age cheats is affecting the consistency of African players using nigeria as a case study but you choosed to reply using insults asif you are a kid and maybe you are..
i still dont kno how reasonable it is for you guys to openly insults people you really dont kno because its online and a faceless forum..
i planned insulting ur parents bt it would be too childish for me and i would jus let it slid..pls my gee dnt even quote or mention me again....have a nice day ma friend
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by DeeMain(m): 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
OGHENAOGIE:

Sir, you are comparing apples to oranges.

I am saying that we used fraud/massive age cheating to win those trophies and MVPs. Which part of the fraud don't you understand, specifically?
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by DeeMain(m): 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
OGHENAOGIE:

Sir, you are comparing apples to oranges.

I am saying that we used fraud/massive age cheating to win those trophies and MVPs. Which part of the fraud don't you understand, specifically?

Not surprised, reminds me of Nigerians defending fraudsters and looters on NL and on social media like their life depended on it.

Tufia!
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2020
paulolee:

osihmen, ihenacho,kanu, Mikel, chukwueze.. are under 17 guys who hit the highest stage... Osihmen is d expensive African star now so... Like I said agreed age cheat de but it's not a reason why footballers don't hit it big... 2001 France squad non played for France except pongolle who had one cap in friendly..
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
paulolee:

moreso not until u play in Europe... Ajiboye is still playing at plateau United has won NPFL played CAF champions League
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by thundafire: 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2020
When they are told not to lie,dey wouldn't listen just look at him a 40 years old man been sold around claiming 27 years grin grin but look at Toni kroos still playing good football with De Gea.
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by scait(m): 4:41am On Apr 23, 2021
thundafire:
When they are told not to lie,dey wouldn't listen just look at him a 40 years old man been sold around claiming 27 years grin grin but look at Toni kroos still playing good football with De Gea.
those club transfer are free. Free transfers and loan
Re: Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club by paulolee(m): 7:01am On Apr 23, 2021
he keeps changing clubs because when they sign him, train with him, give him caps n discovered dt he isnt close to 27, they jus dump him n count thier loses...

(1) (Reply)

Angola Vs Burkina Faso: AFCON 2023 (2 - 0) On 23rd January 2024 / David Moyes Sacked, Fergie persuaded to take charge again!!! / Female Bikers: Check Out This Hefty Rider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.