Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:33 AM

An Interview With Maria Johnsen An Entrepreneu And Film Producer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / An Interview With Maria Johnsen An Entrepreneu And Film Producer (590 Views)

BBNaija S6: Pere in confusion over clash with Maria / Kofo Akinkugbe Becomes The First Smatcard/Sim Producer In West Africa. / An Interview With The Owner Of Domino’s Pizza & Cold Stone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Interview With Maria Johnsen An Entrepreneu And Film Producer by waseemfazal: 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
[/url]
Maria Johnsen is an acclaimed film producer, author and entrepreneur. A few years ago she became worldwide famous due to her 18 languages skills. She is a published author and her 17 books are on sales in bookstores in Europe, North America and Japan.
To gain some insights into Maria Johnsen and her thoughts on entrepreneurship, languages and filmmaking, I had a chance to interview her prior to her visit.
In 2019 you won Star awards for quality leadership and excellence in Geneva Switzerland.
Who had a significant influence in shaping you as a leader?
My father had the biggest influence in shaping me as a leader. He was a physician and the CEO of his company and starting at the age of 5, I would go with him to watch how he ran his company.
How do successful market leaders think differently?
They are focused and goal oriented and don't get bogged down in the noise. Market leaders build their skills and gain more knowledge to close performance gaps.

What is your online marketing approach? Please explain.
My online marketing approach has always been to use every possible avenue to get our clients noticed on the web in a positive and meaningful way. We don't just manage online reputations, we market them. It is important to a campaign's success to be able to put that company in front of the maximum number of eyes to help them grow their business. That means working with things like SEO ,PPC and targeting campaigns to the culture of the audience. We've been very successful with this in the past and I look forward to helping businesses.

In your multilingual digital marketing 5th edition you argue how a product is being introduced to an entirely new audience and market leadership. Could you briefly explain?

There is always an "other" person on the other side of success in the business. While all the core values and behaviors of market leadership are important, connecting with the people involved in "each process" is what truly drives a digital marketing team achievement and performance. If you are marketing familiar products which is unique in the target market who speak a different language, you are most often facing less competition which makes it easier to sell. As a market leader we have to connect to our network. If you don't connect, it makes you feel bad and affects your performance. This is why awareness is one the keys to success in market leadership. Market leaders who are obsessed with numbers or whatever it is they are looking to for achievement and that may not always be fulfilling. Good market leaders should surround themselves with people of integrity and authenticity, so they can connect on a "real" level. The real connection is important in driving our business boat in the ocean of market competition and land on the Island of success and victory.
What is your book The Future of Artificial Intelligence in Digital Marketing all about?
In The Future of Artificial Intelligence in Digital Marketing, you will dive into the details of artificial intelligence (AI) and how it has dramatically affected digital marketing. Documenting the advancement of AI digital marketing, The Future of Artificial Intelligence in Digital Marketing offers proven solutions to mastering digital processes and search engines. The importance of applying empathic machines in digital marketing can’t be overstated—nor can the benefits of using humanized AI digital marketing. Revolutionize your digital marketing world with The Future of Artificial Intelligence in Digital Marketing.

How many languages do you know, Maria?

Eighteen. I know English, French, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Polish, Serbian, German, Bulgarian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Italian, Spanish, Urdu and Hebrew languages. I also understand Hindi language on conversational level. I understand what Indians say in their official language, but I can't speak their language.
This is very impressive. How did you learn all these languages and why?!

My mom was a diplomat at the Russian Embassy in London, UK and we travelled and lived in different countries. I picked up their languages and next thing I know I could communicate in their mother tongue. For example I was 5 years old and we had an Indian neighbor, I used to play with their kids, they couldn't speak English, slowly they taught me their language. This is how I understand Indian. I lived in China and learned Chinese in three months. Because where I lived the only language of communication was mandarin called Putonghua. I had to communicate in Chinese (mandarin).

What did you do in China?

I was a computer science student at Jilin institute of technology and received some teaching assignments as English teacher at the Chang Chun University in Chang Chun located in the North East, very cold place to be. I had 70 graduate students, of which 75% received scholarships from the Chinese government in order to pursue their PhD program in USA and Canada. My teaching had impressed the Chinese authorities. As a result, I received an advanced assignment to teach 170 Chinese students, between the ages of 5-14 years in conversational English and grammar. Due to the success of my work, I was offered Chinese nationality by the Chinese government. This was very rare, China seldom offers nationality to foreigners not just because of overpopulation but security reasons.

How does the quality of life outside work impact market leadership?

The better the work environment leads to a better personal life. If you surround yourself with culturally rich people, the quality of your life will be improved. You learn new things and become wiser.
You are a film producer why film?
Because I love movies and filmmaking. It gives me a special sense of accomplishment. You have something to leave behind for the next generation. You use the language of a motion picture to convey your thoughts and ideas to people around the world about life, people, dealing with pain, loneliness and so on.
Although it is a whole different ball game in comparison with digital marketing but some processes are still related. It’s all about sending across your message to a broader audience.
You promote humanity by using the language of film. Another reason is that my work has been stolen many times during all these years. I chose filmmaking to protect my work.
There are strict copyright regulations in the film business in different countries. Nobody would go to for example: Search Engine Land’s arranged conference or Moz or Brighton SEO gatherings use my content, memorize it, put her or his name on it and take credit for it.
This won’t happen when you make a film. Your name is there, loud and clear and nobody is able to abuse and steal your work.
Everybody these days call themselves expert when it comes to SEO, multilingual SEO, and social media marketing. They can’t do such thing in film business. Because audience see YOUR work.
In film, your name as a writer, director and producer is there and if for any reason someone steals your work anywhere in the world, he or she will face a severe punishment and imprisonment along with paying a fine.
When I talk about some processes in the film business is similar to digital marketing, I meant in terms of transmedia. In the film business we still rely on marketing and distribution. However, there are some differences.
In film marketing, there are certain strategies involved which are different from digital and without going through a proper education and knowledge of film, you can’t just claim that you know film marketing.
Networking and knowing someone who knows someone in the film business is the key. They don’t just hand over their film marketing project to a regular digital marketing agency or company.
To answer to your question, why film?
I made 900 commercial videos for my customers around the world since 2008 so making videos and films was a part of my life’s journey.
Since I was 10 years old I have been writing fiction stories and screenplays. A friend of my dad who was a well-known film producer encouraged me to keep writing and opened the doors of the magic of the film.
When I was 15 years old I made my first short film about children’s film festival. I filmed it, edited and scored the music for it.
A few years later I decided to become an expert in motion picture so when I got my computer engineering degree, a few years later I enrolled at London University and got my master degree in film and TV production. I had great British film producers as mentors.
I hired 19 cast and crew members and made a paranormal horror short film based on my story and sent it to film festivals around the world. A month later a film distributor in Hollywood, California loved my film and signed a film distribution contract with me. Currently, I have two projects on pre-production phase a feature film Ghostware and a TV pilot set in WW2. They both are commercially viable.

If you could give one piece of advice to market leaders and organizations what would it be?

Listen more and talk less. Don't rely on old ways of doing things in your organization. Don't let xenophobia and discrimination distract you from reaching your goals in business. A person's race, gender, skin color, sexual orientation and religion shouldn't be considered in decision making processes. We all are humans and equal. In fact through learning languages and living with people who came from different cultural backgrounds, I gained more knowledge. These are things which you won't find on the Internet. I am talking about those personal thoughts and individual experience. I learned to appreciate life and people.
Visit [url=
https://www.maria-johnsen.com/]https://www.maria-johnsen.com/ and learn more about her services. You may also check out her film production company Golden Way Media Films

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Promote An Ecommerce Website / I Buy All Gift Cards Include Paypal And Bitcoins / Become A Landlord In Port Harcourt With Africore & Capital City Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.