Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Uncovering Health Maintenance Organisation(HMO)issues In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Uncovering Health Maintenance Organisation(HMO)issues In Nigeria (300 Views)

HMO : Health Maintenance Organization With Free Medical Care + SPA AND GYM / The Best HMO In Nigeria / Which Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uncovering Health Maintenance Organisation(HMO)issues In Nigeria by talk2dace(m): 9:20am On Feb 03, 2020
Hello,

HMO services in Nigeria are beginning to be so deceptive. With plans developed not to cater for the needs of unsuspecting company/ organisation's staff.

They come up with a very long list ailments they can care for but going with the term "Non-chronic" this or that so when it's time to diagnose and treat you'll hear "I'm sorry we don't cover that" despite the huge amount collected(..in millions of NGN). There are many hidden details....

Abeg my people which HMO do you use and what are their pros & cons? Nigerians need to be aware, the fraud is ENOUGH.
Re: Uncovering Health Maintenance Organisation(HMO)issues In Nigeria by Koredav(m): 10:10am On Feb 03, 2020
talk2dace:
Hello,

HMO services in Nigeria are beginning to be so deceptive. With plans developed not to cater for the needs of unsuspecting company/ organisation's staff.

They come up with a very long list ailments they can care for but going with the term "Non-chronic" this or that so when it's time to diagnose and treat you'll hear "I'm sorry we don't cover that" despite the huge amount collected(..in millions of NGN). There are many hidden details....

Abeg my people which HMO do you use and what are their pros & cons? Nigerians need to be aware, the fraud is ENOUGH.
See I work in a private hospital that is government approved. My op, this HMOs are the biggest scammers in nigeria. All d drugs that are covered are d most cheapest drugs for dr patients and many aren't covered.

1 Like

Re: Uncovering Health Maintenance Organisation(HMO)issues In Nigeria by talk2dace(m): 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
I have heard this before. Drugs administered under HMO are different and less expensive(maybe less effective), mostly pre-specified from factory.

I just tire...

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Veteran Singer Victor Olaiya Is Dead / Coronavirus Finally Hits Nigeria / Could This Be Non Fiction About Corona Virus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.