Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:47 AM

CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos (3035 Views)

CEO Gokada, Fahim Saleh's Last Emotional Video Before His Death(photos+video) / "Stop Buying Airtime From Banks" - Saleh Shehu Ashaka Begs Nigerians / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by kidap: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hear what the CEO of Gokada, Fahim Saleh had to say on the ban of Okada In Lagos.

Fahim Saleh is the Co-CEO and founder of Gokada.

He has over 15 years of entrepreneurial experience.

His first company in high school generated over one million dollars in revenue.

After college, he taught himself how to program and started KickBack Apps, garnering over twenty-million downloads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRiBtyRx2_M

Source: https://ngg.ng/2020/02/03/ceo-of-gokada-fahim-saleh-speaks-on-the-ban-okada-in-lagos/
Lalasticlala OAM4J, Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by BlackfireX: 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
We don't know him here in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by GidifeedNews: 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
Speak for yourself...

He is in Lagos and he lived their also.

BlackfireX:
Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by jimyjames(m): 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2020
Indians labanese Chinese , northerners and Igbo's own 95% of Lagos economy
Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by GidifeedNews: 3:44pm On Feb 03, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin
jimyjames:
Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by jimyjames(m): 3:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
GidifeedNews:
grin grin grin grin grin

Why you dey shine teeth na , abi na lie I talk?
Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by GidifeedNews: 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2020
You are right bro.

jimyjames:

Why you dey shine teeth na , abi na lie I talk?
Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by jimyjames(m): 3:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
GidifeedNews:
You are right bro.

I spoke the truth even though I know some amotekun vigilante guys will come after me lol

1 Like

Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by helinues: 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
Life goes on
Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
So, the brain behind gokada isn't even a Nigerian? shocked All what most of our politicians enjoy doing is amassing wealth and embezzling. I saw a picture of dino melaye earlier today as posted on NL with his pool of exotic cars in a big mansion...these are the kind of people we have as leaders...people like gbajabiamila and the mace snatcher omo agege who have criminal charges hanging on their necks in far away usa and the likes of akpabio. No wonder our country seems to be stagnant. It's well.

Our governments are never friends of the masses. Sanwo Olu is a bunch of disappointment only doing the bidding of his paymasters. The police deployed to arrest okada and tricycles are even going beyond their bounds no, entering the streets to pack them. This is sad. Those guys are mostly graduates who see the business as their own source of revenue. If you cant empower them, do not take their meals away from ther mouth.

I said to somebody last week that the ban had a political undertone, orchestrated to achieve their aims like Fashola did back then , only to later introduce his own bike which were imported only by a member of his family . I knew the new BRT was coming up soon and they wouldn't want to share passengers with the registered okadas and tricycles because if people see that the bus is expensive they'd record low patronage as passengers would opt into other alternatives.

The BRT is set up to enrich themselves. I learnt they also arrest powerbike owners for plying the express and I dare anyone to stop me on my power bike and the person would land in jail. It's not a threat. I have my valid papers and permits
Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by GamalNasser: 4:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
BlackfireX:

You can't know him , he lives in Ikoyi you live in Egbeda , Nikka stay in yo lane

1 Like

Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by GamalNasser: 4:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
Oga the truth is that you stepped on the toes of a certain powerful politician in Lagos when you brought in over 15 million dollars and refused to give him some to lick but instead started competing with his transportation business ..Joe Igbokwe fired warning shots when he said you should have invested in BRT busses instead of wasting 5 million dollars on Okada , he was speaking what he heard from the mouth of the Godfather

Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2020
jimyjames:
Not true. Northerners aren't investors. They prefer stashing money in homes and lead a reckless lifestyle because they always believe another money would come tomorrow and that's why they can never survive without politics. Their impoverished land is a proof. Igbos are trying but they don't own that much. Have you heard of Otedola and Adenuga? What the duos have as staff strength and investments would swallow all what millions of lagos and Nigerian businessmen and women in lagos have, put together.

If what you said was true, the igbos and hausas would have appeared on forbes lolist severally. We only heard of dangote who fronts for the likes of obj and other political leaders in nigeria who have pulled their stolen resources together for a single individual to do business or invest for them. Those cement factories he built here and there are owned mainly by politicians he's fronting for. Obasanjo for instance owns dangote cement in Ibeshe one of the largest in west Africa. But what you hear is dangote cement and not Obasanjo cement.

Igbos are enterprising, no doubt but by the time you add up all their resources, they're probably not up to half of that of that of otedola alone. Yoruba billionaires hardly play to the gallery like the igbos maybe that's why some people think yorubas don't have a good number of them in Lagos or Nigeria. I have a friend who owns 70 trucks. What he makes daily with those trucks would swallow all the money made by all igbo traders in ladipo market daily....only one person and he buys only brand new German trucks. He's a yorubaman whom many dont even know ever exists. There are yorubas who own vessels too. I salute the courage of mr onyema the owner of air peace but hardly have people heard of ogunlesi who owns Gatwick airport in the uk and the only black man in trump's economic team. He's coming to float Nigerian Air which is the national carrier soonest. The Nigerian air would operate like the defunct Nigerian airways with several destinations across the globe.

Lebanese are mostly relevant in the north. Apart from Buolos brothers, which other successful ones do we have around? Indians are mostly managers...they manage assets and companies owned by Nigerians. The pharmaceutical Indistry which they once occupied are now being taken over by Nigerians. Vaswani brothers are now crying for the ban on importation of rice. They're known for marketing stallion rice in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by EcoBrick: 4:44pm On Feb 03, 2020
Only a stupid business would revolve its business around one state alone. Is Lagos the only state in Nigeria? No serious business would do such. Lagos population is just roughly 10% of Nigeria's estimated total population. Unless they are trying to tell us that Lagos is the only place in Nigeria where Okada business can thrive. Those against the LASG move should should relocate to other states that are more receptive to bike hailing. Simple.

1 Like

Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by ODVanguard: 4:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
fairfora:
Not true. Northerners aren't investors. They prefer stashing money in homes and lead a reckless lifestyle because they always believe another money would come tomorrow and that's why they can never survive without politics. Their impoverished land is a proof. Igbos are trying but they don't own that much. Have you heard of Otedola and Adenuga? What the duos have as staff strength and investments would swallow all what millions of lagos and Nigerian businessmen and women in lagos have, put together.

If what you said was true, the igbos and hausas would have appeared on forbes lolist severally. We only heard of dangote who fronts for the likes of obj and other political leaders in nigeria who have pulled their stolen resources together for a single individual to do business or invest for them. Those cement factories he built here and there are owned mainly by politicians he's fronting for. Obasanjo for instance owns dangote cement in Ibeshe one of the largest in west Africa. But what you hear is dangote cement and not Obasanjo cement.

Igbos are enterprising, no doubt but by the time you add up all their resources, they're probably not up to half of that of that of otedola alone. Yoruba billionaires hardly play to the gallery like the igbos maybe that's why some people think yorubas don't have a good number of them in Lagos or Nigeria. I have a friend who owns 70 trucks. What he makes daily with those trucks would swallow all the money made by all igbo traders in ladipo market daily....only one person and he buys only brand new German trucks. He's a yorubaman whom many dont even know ever exists. There are yorubas who own vessels too. I salute the courage of mr onyema the owner of air peace but hardly have people heard of ogunlesi who owns Gatwick airport in the uk and the only black man in trump's economic team. He's coming to float Nigerian Air which is the national carrier soonest. The Nigerian air would operate like the defunct Nigerian airways with several destinations across the globe.

Lebanese are mostly relevant in the north. Apart from Buolos brothers, which other successful ones do we have around? Indians are mostly managers...they manage assets and companies owned by Nigerians. The pharmaceutical Indistry which they once occupied are now being taken over by Nigerians. Vaswani brothers are now crying for the ban on importation of rice. They're known for marketing stallion rice in Nigeria.

Why are you wasting your time with that fellow? It is not today that he and his ilk have been making such wild claims. In fact, not only do igbos 'own 95%' of Lagos economy. They also own 93.665% of S.A economy, 94.3246% of Thailand economy, 96.591% of Indian economy, 94.8895% of Ghanaian economy, and 91.7356% of Indonesian economy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by Kingrexyl(m): 5:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
A failed country in all ramifications
Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by jimyjames(m): 5:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
Oga are you alright? You want me to read this long article?

I know adenuga is a frontier for some northerners the globalcom network doesn't belong to him, otedola too had to bribe his way through who knows who to the billionaire status
No matter how you put it, dangote has invested a lot in Lagos

Labanise too , I heard eko city is mainly owned by labanise
Igbo's are traders and the economic driving force in Lagos, all the major markets in Lagos are dominated by Igbo's , and we are the reason Lagos seaports are that busy , a lot will change in Lagos if the Igbo's start relocating to the east once the eastern ports are fully functioning

fairfora:

1 Like

Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
ODVanguard:

Why are you wasting your time with that fellow? It is not today that he and his ilk have been making such wild claims. In fact, not only do igbos 'own 95%' of Lagos economy. They also own 93.665% of S.A economy, 94.3246% of Thailand economy, 96.591% of Indian economy, 94.8895% of Ghanaian economy, and 91.7356% of Indonesian economy.
grin grin
Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
jimyjames:
Oga are you alright? You want me to read this long article?

I know adenuga is a frontier for some northerners the globalcom network doesn't belong to him, otedola too had to bribe his way through who knows who to the billionaire status
No matter how you put it, dangote has invested a lot in Lagos

Labanise too , I heard eko city is mainly owned by labanise
Igbo's are traders and the economic driving force in Lagos, all the major markets in Lagos are dominated by Igbo's , and we are the reason Lagos seaports are that busy , a lot will change in Lagos if the Igbo's start relocating to the east once the eastern ports are fully functioning

If I wasnt alright, I'd not have been so detailed. Your people are trying but not that they dominated Lagos economy as you claimed. Adenuga you mentioned only invited IBB to have a stake in his telecoms business and not some northerners as you claimed. He was already made before establishing glo. Yorubas are more of industrialists than artisans and traders. Who are the highest employers of labour in Nigeria? Be sincere to yourself.
Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by jimyjames(m): 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
fairfora:
If I wasnt alright, I'd not have been so detailed. Your people are trying but not that the ly dominated Lagos economy as you claimed. Adeniga you mentioned only invited IBB to have a stake in his telecoms business. He was already made before establishing glo. Yorubas are more of industrialists than artisans and traders. Who are the highest employers of labour in Nigeria? Be sincere to yourself.

Adenuga was already made? Adenuga that ran away from Nigeria for fraud and money laundry and returned during yar adua regime?
Yoruba's are industrialist ?

Yoruba's are educationist corporate civil servants, you are not industrialists, we Igbo's are industrialist, the only thing is the Nigerian government hasn't favoured us enough for us to showcase our full potential , most of the northeners like danogote and the Yoruba's that have done well in that field did so , cause of federal connection of who knows who, on a level fair ground, they can't compete with Igbo's

But still we are doing well, we produce almost everything in the east , car/motor cycle parts , tyres , tubes , car batteries, lubricants , plastic products, foot wears, bags and belts , and we have food processed and packaged products too , all these things are owned by indigenous investors in the east , but the ones in Yoruba land are owned by outsiders

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by ODVanguard: 7:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
fairfora:
grin grin

Bro, this matter has long since been settled. A very detailed and informative thread was opened on this forum about this subject a few years back, showcasing Yoruba entrepreneurs in Nigeria for the record and for posterity. The Igbos also opened theirs. Needless to say that they struggled to mention up to half of the number of entrepreneurs the Yorubas can boast of, from their end in spite of all their noise. That is why I am wondering why you are indulging that fellow. In case you missed that eye-opening thread, here is the link to it:

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe

And here's the igbo version:

https://www.nairaland.com/3926379/igbos-most-industrious-innovative-richest

Now compare and contrast the quality of entrepreneurs from both ethnicities and you will agree with me that it's not even worth the debate.

6 Likes

Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by mimilogs: 7:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
It is well with Lagosians
Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2020
ODVanguard:

Bro, this matter has long since been settled. A very detailed and informative thread was opened on this forum about this subject a few years back, showcasing Yoruba entrepreneurs in Nigeria for the record and for posterity. The Igbos also opened theirs. Needless to say that they struggled to mention up to half of the number of entrepreneurs the Yorubas can boast of, from their end in spite of all their noise. That is why I am wondering why you are indulging that fellow. In case you missed that eye-opening thread, here is the link to it:

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe

And here's the igbo version:

https://www.nairaland.com/3926379/igbos-most-industrious-innovative-richest

Now compare and contrast the quality of entrepreneurs from both ethnicities and you will agree with me that it's not even worth it.
tnx
Re: CEO Of Gokada, Fahim Saleh Speaks On The Ban Okada In Lagos by Kendumazy(m): 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hmm.

(1) (Reply)

Fiverrbooster Service: Boost Your Fiverr Gigs Through 5-star Reviews / List Of Vessels And Barges Available For Charter/lease / Project Fast Fruit:Corporate Fruit Selling Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.