Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

My Take On The Okada And Keke Ban. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Take On The Okada And Keke Ban. (280 Views)

List Of States Where Okada And Keke Are Banned Or Restricted / Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? / Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take On The Okada And Keke Ban. by kponkedenge(m): 6:20pm On Feb 03, 2020
To be honest, this ban hits at the core end of the middle class and low income earners.
I've actually been thinking about some certain things right now.

How do you except people to fill their gas? Most people that even have cars don't drive their cars with their cylinder in the boot, going to fill it, they use okada to and fro.

How about people going to buy fuel for their generators, you expect them to trek with their keg to their house instead of using bike?
How about those that come back from work on public buses and still use keke or okada to get to their house.

What I am trying to say is that the inner streets are meant for keke and okada, the government can't expect yellow buses to start going these kinds of routes.

I saw a thread whereby the government will be rolling out new buses both for water and road transportation.... I mean that has nothing to do with the inner streets where bike and keke are most needed. Nobody in their right senses takes okada from Oshodi to Ajah or Lekki to ikeja.... This is just crazy.

The governments position is just like a man having an injury to his nose and goes ahead to chop off the whole nose.

They need to rethink this policy because to me, it is just wrong, poorly planned and wicked.

CC: Lalasticlala Dominique
Re: My Take On The Okada And Keke Ban. by budaatum: 6:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
My own view is Lagos done well to ban these coakroaches that do not obey traffic laws and injure both passengers and terrorise those of us who like walking!

The ban would force those in transport to better organise and provide a transport system suitable for a 21st century city instead of the haphazard dangerous unlicensed okada that was clugging up our roads! It may involve okada, but they'd at least be licensed.

(1) (Reply)

Hello / Happening Right Now: Traders Face Supply Crunch As Arrival Of Ships Cancelled / Covid-19: CNN Article On Xenophobia Being Faced By Africans In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.