Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,006 members, 7,841,858 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Can You Call Your Teacher/lecturer By His/her First Name - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Call Your Teacher/lecturer By His/her First Name (332 Views)

The Cry Of A University Lecturer!!! / 'No Difference Between Single Mothers And Prostitutes' - Lecturer / Onogbotsere Monday, DELSU Lecturer Dies After 'Spiritual Attack' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Call Your Teacher/lecturer By His/her First Name by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 03, 2020

If the teacher calls God by His first name, is it okay to also call the teacher by the first name? Let me shake table small
Re: Can You Call Your Teacher/lecturer By His/her First Name by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
At our age we don't have teachers anymore.

Op. Try calling your mom by name.
If she is African I'm sure you won't login nairaland for the next few days. After numerous abara on your head

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Call Your Teacher/lecturer By His/her First Name by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 03, 2020
Shibaraba:
At our age we don't have teachers anymore.

Op. Try calling your mom by name.
If she is African I'm sure you won't login nairaland for the next few days. After numerous abara on your head
I call my mum her name but I always run for cover
Re: Can You Call Your Teacher/lecturer By His/her First Name by budaatum: 7:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
I call my mum by name when she is behaving like my daughter, and most especially when I am reminding her that my mother taught me better. I'm bad like that. And if God starts telling me the nonesense some people claim their God tells them, like, "create enemies and hate those who don't worship like you do", I'd kick that God's ass to Kingdom come and bash its stupid head against a rock!

Thankfully, my loving peaceful God don't ever tell me stupid ignorant stuff like that or I'd kill God myself!
Re: Can You Call Your Teacher/lecturer By His/her First Name by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
Jaubdu:
I call my mum her name but I always run for cover
I can't think of it. The day I call mine by name I'll make sure I've written my will. For I'm sure that's the day I'll die. My Mom is a sniper with shoes and turning sticks. She never misses
Re: Can You Call Your Teacher/lecturer By His/her First Name by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 03, 2020
Shibaraba:

I can't think of it. The day I call mine by name I'll make sure I've written my will. For I'm sure that's the day I'll die. My Mom is a sniper with shoes and turning sticks. She never misses
I also have mark she gave me,but mum is the greatest
Re: Can You Call Your Teacher/lecturer By His/her First Name by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ideally, everyone should go by their first names, except you're referring to their official titles.
But we're not like that in Nigeria.
At my office we go by first names strictly... even my 60-year old boss gets called by his first name.

1 Like

Re: Can You Call Your Teacher/lecturer By His/her First Name by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
Ideally, everyone should go by their first names, except you're referring to their official titles.
But we're not like that in Nigeria.
At my office we go by first names strictly... even my 60-year old boss gets called by his first name.
That sounds classy to me

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

New Treadmill For Sale. / What My Life Looks Like During This Lockdown | Farming, Swimming, Having Fun / Pls Help My Young Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.