Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One (19139 Views)

Rwanda, DRC And Malawi Pull Out From WEF Africa Holding In South Africa / Malawi’s Presidential Bodyguard Dubbed World’s Scariest [photo] / Kenya Supreme Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders Re-run Within 60 Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by positivelord: 9:31am On Feb 04, 2020
Flyingngel:
Can this happen on Nigeria?

Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by mimilogs: 9:31am On Feb 04, 2020
Nigeria really need to learn how to strengthen their Judiciary to be able to boost the democracy in Nigeria.

Judiciary must learn to stand independent from the executive, which is how it ought to be in an ideal democratic setting, well done Malawi cool
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by wetmenow: 9:34am On Feb 04, 2020
Is so painful that Nigeria is in a wrong hands.

1 Like

Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by Kingrefreshed: 9:34am On Feb 04, 2020
Monogamy:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-51324241

And we have a leaking Tank sorry Tanko wey Belle dey run.

Bastardsssss!
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by ejimatic: 9:34am On Feb 04, 2020
Monogamy:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-51324241
Can this happen in Nigeria? The answer is NO! The whole Malawi is not even up to Oyo State. Winning a case at the PEPT in Nigeria is difficult considering the number of states we have and constitutional requirements for proving cases of violence irregularities and malpractices during elections. Awolowo vrs Shagari Obasanjo vrs Falae. Buhari vrs Yardua Obasanjo vrs Buhari. and Atiku vrs Buhari. supra
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by lailo: 9:34am On Feb 04, 2020
if PDP wins ,judiciary is good but if PDP loses,d judiciary is compromised.You guys have problem.
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by chrisxxx(m): 9:41am On Feb 04, 2020
Flyingngel:
It cant cos our INEC is very prudent.
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by Kingrexyl(m): 9:42am On Feb 04, 2020
A working country
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by IpobAntidote: 9:53am On Feb 04, 2020
[s]
DMerciful:
One of the most admirable virtues of a Judge is courage!
This is what a supreme court does, not the supreme shame we have under Tanko
[/s]

TRASH, BORROW SOME SENSE.
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by JJOF(m): 9:56am On Feb 04, 2020
Realdollars:
Malawi is not divided under tribal and religious lines, their democracy is older than Nigeria's democracy, they don't have resources compare to Nigeria and their population is very small.
So?

1 Like

Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by mytime24(f): 10:09am On Feb 04, 2020
nairavsdollars:
The Nigerian judiciary is under President Buhari's blokos
grin grin
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by Horus(m): 10:22am On Feb 04, 2020
Malawi, a country with strict governance and implementation of their laws
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by Angelparadise: 10:45am On Feb 04, 2020
jabberjawz:
You need to see the whole country standing to defend thier votes, there was massive jubilation all through the night, you need to see the level of anger & resentment they have for their current leader.....they didn't want to hear that the current president was declared winner of the election.........the country would have gone up in flames.....(Don't ask me how I know this....I currently reside in Malawi).

They all came together to fight tyranny, there has been bi-weekly protest in Malawi since June last year..... protesting against the fraudulent election process that declared the current leader ( Peter) winner of the election......The Judges & Lawyers are people who have moral values embedded in thier veins......unlike the thugs, thieves, rogues, & religious bigots, we have as leaders in Nigeria.

Meanwhile, Malawi as a country does not have up to 1/3 of the problems we are battling with in Nigeria....yet the people are holding thier govt responsible for accountability...... While, somewhere in Nigeria, criticize or protest against Emperor Pharoahe Buharideen....next thing DSS will come pick you up & hide you far........for speaking the truth...........Zombies on the other hand will e-fight you online........but they fail to realize that, they (Zombies) are affected most by the Buhari induced hunger, insecurity, & bad policies. angry

You just exposed the devil in Nigeria, how I wish and prayed that 70% of Nigeria get this 21st century mentality. But will be a mystery because some part of this country prefer to live in muhammadu primitive time of ancient world where killing innocent people of other peaceful religion is shamelessly rewarded by 72 imaginary virgins .
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by AMI3(m): 10:48am On Feb 04, 2020
Who will bail us out from this mess?
How long will this keep going on?
Can we find somebody who can save us from this time bomb?
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by CanadaOrBust: 10:52am On Feb 04, 2020
jabberjawz:
You need to see the whole country standing to defend thier votes, there was massive jubilation all through the night, you need to see the level of anger & resentment they have for their current leader.....they didn't want to hear that the current president was declared winner of the election.........the country would have gone up in flames.....(Don't ask me how I know this....I currently reside in Malawi).

They all came together to fight tyranny, there has been bi-weekly protest in Malawi since June last year..... protesting against the fraudulent election process that declared the current leader ( Peter) winner of the election......The Judges & Lawyers are people who have moral values embedded in thier veins......unlike the thugs, thieves, rogues, & religious bigots, we have as leaders in Nigeria.

Meanwhile, Malawi as a country does not have up to 1/3 of the problems we are battling with in Nigeria....yet the people are holding thier govt responsible for accountability...... While, somewhere in Nigeria, criticize or protest against Emperor Pharoahe Buharideen....next thing DSS will come pick you up & hide you far........for speaking the truth...........Zombies on the other hand will e-fight you online........but they fail to realize that, they (Zombies) are affected most by the Buhari induced hunger, insecurity, & bad policies. angry

Nigerians are so docile.
RISE AGAINST THIS TANKO SC!! IT IS A KANGAROO COURT!!!

Consider the Uzodinma documents they relied on to replace an 8-month incumbent governor with a FOURTH place finisher: not only were they full of ridiculous numbers, they were also incomplete, smudgy, full of alterations, signed only by APC, and showed results for only APC and PDP out of 70 parties!
(BTW PDP recently WON the rerun held in the same Hope’s “stronghold” where he got 99.9% of the votes with 100+% voter turnouts!)

Vanguard. Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Imo Guber: How Supreme court erred in computation of results

*Declared more votes than accredited voters
*Failed to interrogate petitioners’ evidence
*Avoided mentioning figures in a written judgment

Facts have emerged that the Supreme Court failed to do a thorough mathematical computation of the results of the election but relied only on the wrong computations submitted by Sen. Hope Uzodinma to declare him the duly-elected governor of Imo State...

Both the EPT and the Appeal Court dismissed the petition for lacking in merit.

By relying on the faulty tabulation made by Sen. Uzodinma, the Supreme Court arrived at a figure of 950,952 total votes cast at the election, which is more than the total votes cast at the election totalling 823,743.

This gave rise to 127,209 excess votes at the election as affirmed by the Supreme Court, which all through avoided mentioning figures regarding the votes cast for the disputants or the total registered voters and valid and invalid votes in the judgment.
——————-

Here are some magic numbers (remember these numbers exclude votes scored by the other 68 Parties!)

“The Guardian obtained a certified-true-copy of the record of the appeal filed at the Supreme Court by Uzodinma and APC...

For instance, on figure number 69 which shows votes cast at Eziama/Okpala (Umualum Village Square, Eziama)
total number of registered voters =492, whereas the APC scored 819 votes
and PDP scored 7 votes,
meaning 334 more votes than registered voters!

On page 22 of the record, at the polling unit 285 (Obudi/Aro, Central Assembly Square,
registered voters = 449
APC polled 780 votes
PDP polled four votes, leaving a total of 335 votes higher than the actual number of registered voters.

Also on page 22 of the petition, polling unit 282
number of registered voters = 591,
APC polled 586 votes
PDP nine votes, indicating a total of four votes higher than the registered number of voters.

Figures from page 79 of the record of appeal show:
Registered voters = 526
APC got 526 votes, while PDP was credited with two votes, indicating two votes higher than the total number of registered voters in the area.”
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by BRASH: 10:59am On Feb 04, 2020
Buhari represens failure, backwardness and calamity. Pls pray very well against this or better still seek the help of a true prophet(not mbaka or tb joshua) for deliverance. I will also pray 4 u.for speedy deliverance, u can some prophet seed to mobilize some of my fellow prophets on ur behalf. U are blessed my son
DenreleDave:
.. Guys pls, few weeks to my exam. Wat does it mean to see Buhari in dreams?

B4, I use to see Obama, trump, george Bush and I always hit first class but recently, I started seeing buhari..

Pls what is my fate?? No one is talking, Pls this is my life oo
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by obasidon1(m): 10:59am On Feb 04, 2020
DenreleDave:

B4, I use to see Obama, trump, george Bush and I always hit first class but recently, I started seeing buhari..

Bros, it is a bad omen. Buhari represents slowness, sluggishness, retrogression, stagnation and failure. You better do 2days praying and fasting to shake off that negative dream.
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by Wizikal(m): 11:02am On Feb 04, 2020
Malawi has a strong judicial system! If only the judiciary will be independent then you will see courages judges giving sound judgement without fear of the executive
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by Osanoghodua1: 11:23am On Feb 04, 2020
Useless Judge why must the President remain in power? Why not the HOS or Most Senior civil servant? This man will again rig the election stupid. He should be remove and allow neutral play.
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by Jaqenhghar: 11:42am On Feb 04, 2020
These are countries that Niggerians feel are inferior. They are not there but are taking positive steps
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 04, 2020
jabberjawz:

Thanks for this . But Nigerians, must you guys go everywhere on earth ? You are already in Malawi now

Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by Mummymahdi(f): 12:12pm On Feb 04, 2020
DenreleDave:

Eyyyyah
Start serious fasting and prayers because buhari is synonymous to failure.

1 Like

Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by anonimi: 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2020
Bonaventura:
Growth, deliberate change and development are the key ingredients for a country to rise beyond its situation.

Nigeria started experiencing all of these immediately after the 2007 General election and was growing steadily. The late president Yar' Adua, having acknowledged the failure and flaws in the election that brought him on board embarked on an electoral reform. And that was a leap!

In 2010 at the height of Yar'adua's illness saga when the likes of the then attorney General Mike Andoaka opined that the president could rule from any part of the globe even on a sick bed, the National Assembly said no, stepped in and through the "Doctrine of Necessity" brought Jonathan on board. And that was a giant leap.

Fast forward to 2015, Goodluck having allowed Yar'adua's electoral reform to be the guiding principle not only appointed and allowed Jega to preside over the election (He never knew Jega before his appointment) despite repeated calls for his sack, but lost the election and quietly handed over to the opposition. And that was a giant development.

The present government emerged to pomp and pageantry, with much expectation. It took months to constitute a cabinet and 4 years for blaming the previous governments. And that was a stagnation!

In 2019, Chief Justice is removed, elections are marred with violence, brazen rigging and turned to war. A fourth winner is becoming a number one winner, insecurity is becoming a norm, Innocent Nigerians can no longer travel to America. And that's a retrogression, backwardness, wickedness and inhumanity!

Before 2007 and after 2015 are united by one fact- two former military dictators posing as democrats.
The difference is clear as 7Up.

1 Like

Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by armadeo(m): 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2020
Flyingngel:

Make efcc arrest the judges that same night in commando style and judge will be shot trying to escape
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by DMerciful(m): 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2020
You're not ok, see a veterinarian!
IpobAntidote:
[s][/s]

TRASH, BORROW SOME SENSE.
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:39pm On Feb 04, 2020
DMerciful:
am sure you didn't see where the judgement says mutharika should stay in power til a new elections take place... what kinda judgment is that the president is supposed to step down and let d head of parliament take over...
Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by showafrica(m): 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2020
Bonaventura:
Growth, deliberate change and development are the key ingredients for a country to rise beyond its situation.

Nigeria started experiencing all of these immediately after the 2007 General election and was growing steadily. The late president Yar' Adua, having acknowledged the failure and flaws in the election that brought him on board embarked on an electoral reform. And that was a leap!

In 2010 at the height of Yar'adua's illness saga when the likes of the then attorney General Mike Andoaka opined that the president could rule from any part of the globe even on a sick bed, the National Assembly said no, stepped in and through the "Doctrine of Necessity" brought Jonathan on board. And that was a giant leap.

Fast forward to 2015, Goodluck having allowed Yar'adua's electoral reform to be the guiding principle not only appointed and allowed Jega to preside over the election (He never knew Jega before his appointment) despite repeated calls for his sack, but lost the election and quietly handed over to the opposition. And that was a giant development.

The present government emerged to pomp and pageantry, with much expectation. It took months to constitute a cabinet and 4 years for blaming the previous governments. And that was a stagnation!

In 2019, Chief Justice is removed, elections are marred with violence, brazen rigging and turned to war. A fourth winner is becoming a number one winner, insecurity is becoming a norm, Innocent Nigerians can no longer travel to America. And that's a retrogression, backwardness, wickedness and inhumanity!

That man just destroyed a baby democracy.. now we are back to 1966

1 Like

Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by sliqboy: 8:16pm On Feb 04, 2020
Pray against failure
DenreleDave:

Re: Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One by Thazard(m): 10:28am On Feb 08, 2020
DMerciful:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) / Zambia: Police Bars Ex-president Lungu From "Political Jogging" / Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.