Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,125 members, 7,852,834 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:41 AM

2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha (1353 Views)

EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally / Gov Okorocha Vs Fashola In Ear-wrestling (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by chyz(m): 12:57am On Dec 12, 2010
[size=18pt]2011: I want to be Imo Gov –Okorocha[/size]

From VAL OKARA, Owerri

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A 2007 presidential aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha, yesterday, formally declared his intention to run for the governorship election in Imo State in 2011 on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).

Okorocha said he was on a rescue mission in the state and promised free education, reopening of the Evan Enwerem University, Owerri, that has been under lock and key for over four months as well as implement the new minimum wage for the civil servants if elected as governor.
The governorship aspirant, who decried the state of decay in the state, recalled with relish the defunct regime of the late Chief Sam Mbakwe and promised to begin from where he stopped.

“Mbakwe is my yardstick and since he left office, there has not been any government in the state,” he said, and expressed regrets that avoidable hardship, dilapidated infrastructure, non-payment of workers monthly salaries and youth unemployment had taken over the state.
The APGA governorship contender assured that God had spoken to him to rise up and rescue the people of the state from hardship, hunger, starvation, kidnapping and other violent crimes, which had been their lot in the past three and half years.
The politician, who professed his respect for President Goodluck Jonathan, said he had to quit the PDP because of obvious lack of internal democracy and party discipline.

He promised to be fair and just to all, even as he expressed optimism that APGA will sweep the polls in the South East in 2011 as the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) had done in the South West.
Okorocha, while urging the people to shun politicians with empty promises, also promised to nominate Governor Ikedi Ohakim for an ambassadorial position in Afghanistan if elected as governor.
National Leader of APGA, Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu, who spoke through his wife, Bianca, described Okorocha as a rare philanthropist and true Nigerian who has touched the lives of the masses through his foundation.

Chief Ojukwu also hailed him as a great asset and treasure to the party, who is no longer looking for wealth but one keen and desirous to create a change “that our children will go to school and get employment upon graduation.”

He urged the people to support whoever had the capacity to replicate Mbakwe’s magic wand in the state.
Also speaking, the Coordinator-General of Rochas Campaign Organisation, Professor Tony Anwuka, described the experience of the people of the state in the past three and half years as a classical example of mismanaged power, stressing that when power gets into the wrong hands, they get irretrievably mad with it.
This, he lamented had given birth to unspeakable disaster such as kidnapping, murder, closure of the university and blatant lies.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/dec/12/national-12-12-2010-007.htm
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by kcjazz(m): 1:14am On Dec 12, 2010
If the election is fair, Rochas will win Imo! I support him.
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by chyz(m): 1:28am On Dec 12, 2010
The APGA is really bringing out great governship candidates. Rochas Okorocha is definitely the man for Imo.What he has to do now is find a way to beat the criminality that is for sure to come his way by Ohakim. All in all, this is good news!
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by kcjazz(m): 1:48am On Dec 12, 2010
^^^^ Yeah the structures are on ground, he is a charismatic fellow, has the money, anti PDP sentiments and his philanthropy in Imo state speaks volumes.
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by houvest: 4:23am On Dec 12, 2010
Hope has come to Imo
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by mensdept: 4:51am On Dec 12, 2010
Well, I guess we are continuing with the recycling of old skool politicians that jump from one party to another. Anyway, the only tangible thing Okorocha said was that he'll nominate Ohakim as ambassador to Afghanistan LOL!!!
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by Arysexy(m): 5:25am On Dec 12, 2010
okorocha is my igbo candidate for presidency any time any day! he can start from imo state. He is such an orator, a philanthropist and a multi-billionnaire. Goodluck to him!
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by slap1(m): 5:53am On Dec 12, 2010
Ohakim should be on his way out. My respect for Rochas has tripled for leaving PDP for APGA. Had he remained in PDP, he would be given the ticket on a silver platter. But rooting for APGA shows he's independent-minded. It has never been good for my lovely state since Sam Onunaka Mbakwe. I will definitely travel home to vote for APGA next year. One thing I know is Rochas is not coming to loot us dry. I wish him success . . .
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by slap1(m): 6:00am On Dec 12, 2010
chyz:

[size=18pt]2011: I want to be Imo Gov –Okorocha[/size]
promised to nominate Governor Ikedi Ohakim for an ambassadorial position in Afghanistan if elected as governor.

ROTFLMAOO! This promise alone will take you into the government house next year. Ohakim is so hated! I challenge anybody to speak against the candidacy of Rochas. Lawwd, I can't wait for next year!
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by chyz(m): 6:08am On Dec 12, 2010
slap1:

ROTFLMAOO! This promise alone will take you into the government house next year. Ohakim is so hated! I challenge anybody to speak against the candidacy of Rochas. Lawwd, I can't wait for next year!

This news is so sweet cheesy. i will even help campaign for him. In fact let us all do so and get that thug Ohakim out of Imo. cool

LOL @ 'promised to nominate Governor Ikedi Ohakim for an ambassadorial position in Afghanistan if elected as governor'.
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by supereagle(m): 6:58am On Dec 12, 2010
They did not allow him to use Dan Ayam stadium , still he commanded a lot of followers. He declared at Township Pry school, Owerri.
Rochas is a man that has touched many indigent lives in Imo State, he has a free secondary schools , the teachers have not complaint of harsh treatment since they started.
If the election is free and fair, the man wl win.
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by presido1: 12:54pm On Dec 12, 2010
He will definitely win the Imo State Governor "weda" fair or not. OhaFOOL can;t even think of rigging election when Rochas, Ojukwu and APGA is involved. All the local Government chairmen in Imo are against Ohakim now. But my only fear is that he(Rochas) is from Orlu senatorial zone as the governor is zoned to Okigwe (correct me if am wrong).

I think this is a planned process to get rid of OhaFOOL out of IMO government house from Aso Rock, If Rochas win he will fall back to PDP.
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2010
This was always where this guy should have started his political carier.

I always thought he joined the Presidential race too early.

Immagine attempting to run for President in 2003 under ANPP, and then coming second in PDP primaries in 2007 only to attempt to unsit a sitting Governor going for a second term in 2011 as the candidate of APGA.

This guy is a good politician but his timing on when to run and where to run is not very good.

I wish him luck anyway.
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2010
Am not a resident of Imo state but from what i've seen the few times i went there, plus what i've got from the media Ohakim is a complete 'cuss' up.
Don't know much about Okorocha's resume but from you guys' comments he's far more credible than Ohakim.

@ all: Just curious but do you think he is the kind of person that will undertake proactive projects to ease the burden of the citizens, like Amaechi is doing in Rivers state?
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by ifyalways(f): 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2010
mikeansy:

This was always where this guy should have started his political carier.

I always thought he joined the Presidential race too early.

Immagine attempting to run for President in 2003 under ANPP, and then coming second in PDP primaries in 2007 only to attempt to unsit a sitting Governor going for a second term in 2011 as the candidate of APGA.

This guy is a good politician but his timing on when to run and where to run is not very good.

I wish him luck anyway.
LOL
@Topic,what other qualities aside philanthropy does Rochas possess?IMO hes just like every other politician?
Is he the best Imo have got to offer?
Jumping and campaigning for any available political seat is a clear pointer that he might be "vision-less" undecided
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by jamace(m): 4:26pm On Dec 12, 2010
Supported!
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by Obiagu1(m): 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2010
[size=16pt]FINALLY![/size]
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by chyz(m): 8:01pm On Dec 12, 2010
ikay88:

Am not a resident of Imo state but from what i've seen the few times i went there, plus what i've got from the media Ohakim is a complete 'cuss' up.
Don't know much about Okorocha's resume but from you guys' comments he's far more credible than Ohakim.

@ all: Just curious but do you think he is the kind of person that will undertake proactive projects to ease the burden of the citizens, like Amaechi is doing in Rivers state?

Yes, he does it now with his own money even though he's not a governor, so you can imagine what he does when he is a governor and he doesn't have to spend his own money.
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by AndreUweh(m): 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2010
From being a presidential candidate four years ago to a gubernatorial candidate now, and in four years time a local council chairmanship candidate. Rochas, why behaveth thou!.
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by 1025: 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2010
where is rochas from? okigwe senatorial zone has another 4 yrs to waste. rochas is good replacement if he is from the right part of the state.
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by stormm: 10:44pm On Dec 12, 2010
Rochas? how come Nigerian politics is always about the 3nd eleven? Very pathetic.
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by manuch(m): 11:42pm On Dec 12, 2010
Imo people respect zoning . Rochas is from the wrong zone. besides why does he keep jumping from one party to another.AP , PDP, ANPP BACK TO PDP THEN AA THEN BACK TO PDP NOW APGA.
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 12, 2010
@ 1025 : I don't understand, is zoning of public office not a PDP ideal. So, if Okorocha is from a particular area he cannot get the seat, even under APGA? Let's say the race was between Okorocha and a common PDP thief that comes from the "right place", your saying people of the state would prefer that common thief to run their states affairs?
1025:

where is rochas from? okigwe senatorial zone has another 4 yrs to waste. rochas is good replacement if he is from the right part of the state.

@ manuch: When you say Imo people respect zoning are you talking of Imo PDP, Imo politicians, or every Imo citizen?
manuch:

Imo people respect zoning . Rochas is from the wrong zone. besides why does he keep jumping from one party to another.AP , PDP, ANPP BACK TO PDP THEN AA THEN BACK TO PDP NOW APGA.
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by chyz(m): 12:29am On Dec 13, 2010
manuch:

Zoning will benefit who? And what zoning?are the imo people interested in zoning or good governing? Take that "stick to zoning" mess back up north.
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by Onlytruth(m): 12:36am On Dec 13, 2010
I'm happy that APGA is beginning to attract big fish politicians in Igboland at last. Rochas is one of the nnukwu mmanwu (big masquerade) politicians of Igboland.
One caveat though - get him to sign a bond NEVER to leave APGA after he settles in office. Get him to commit to APGA ideals of transparent and people oriented government. Let him also use his money to build the party in Imo and give the PDP the fight of their lives.

I have a feeling that next year's election will be a bazaar for APGA in the south east.
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by DisGuy: 12:49am On Dec 13, 2010
[size=28pt]
Okorocha, while urging the people to shun politicians with empty promises, also promised to nominate Governor Ikedi Ohakim for an ambassadorial position in Afghanistan if elected as governor
[/size]

grrrrrrrrrrr  grin
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by chyz(m): 12:54am On Dec 13, 2010
Onlytruth:

I'm happy that APGA is beginning to attract big fish politicians in Igboland at last. Rochas is one of the nnukwu mmanwu (big masquerade) politicians of Igboland.
One caveat though - get him to sign a bond NEVER to leave APGA after he settles in office. Get him to commit to APGA ideals of transparent and people oriented government. Let him also use his money to build the party in Imo and give the PDP the fight of their lives.

I have a feeling that next year's election will be a bazaar for APGA in the south east.

What do you think about this. Ebonyi state AGPA candidate?

[size=13pt]Ogbuewu picks APGA guber form for N5.5m[/size]
News Dec 9, 2010

By Chris Ochayi

Former Minister of Culture and Tourism, Ambassador Frank Ogbuewu, Thursday, picked the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, nomination and expression of interest forms at N5.5 million to run for the governorship election in Ebonyi State in 2011.

Ambassador Ogbuewu, who stormed  APGA’s national secretariat, alongside supporters and associates, declared during the ceremony that his mission to govern the state was to rescue it and its people from abject poverty created by the misrule of the incumbent administration in the state.

The former Nigerian Ambassador to Greece dismissed current governor Martins Elechi, saying he had failed to improve on the lives of the people.

According to him, Governor Elechi failed to provide basic dividends of democracy to the people and has allowed virtually all basic infrastructure to collapse, especially health  and educational sectors.

He said:  “Martins Elechi has not performed well in all ramifications -  health, education, road network, security, agriculture, completion of projects inherited from previous administrations, housing, etc.

“I intend to, therefore, improve on the economy of Ebonyi State by taking a critical look and review of the internally generated revenue and do what is right in that direction.  Today, it is not the case but I think we need to start by providing the basic things we need to put in place.

“As of now, I don’t see the state government being able to pay living wage to the people of the state.  Virtually everything has collapsed nothing works in the state the state is in comatose, there is paralysis.  The people of Ebonyi are even willing to pay their taxes but government is not willing to provide basic facilities for them.

“The difference I will bring into the state if elected are legion. I will improve on a lot of things like health.  Ebonyi State is in  shambles as far as health is concerned right now.  The Teaching Hospital in Ebonyi State used to be a reference hospital, but now, it is a shadow of its former self.

“All the consultants have abandoned the place. Today, we don’t have any good, functional hospital in Ebonyi State, except the Federal Medical Centre, which is too bad.

“Education is another sorry state.  The state university has closed down long ago and all their good lecturers have been running away.  The primary and secondary schools are not in good state also.  The entire education sector is nothing to write home about.”
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by Onlytruth(m): 1:01am On Dec 13, 2010
chyz:

What do you think about this. Ebonyi state AGPA candidate?

[size=13pt]Ogbuewu picks APGA guber form for N5.5m[/size]
News Dec 9, 2010

By Chris Ochayi

Former Minister of Culture and Tourism, Ambassador Frank Ogbuewu, Thursday, picked the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, nomination and expression of interest forms at N5.5 million to run for the governorship election in Ebonyi State in 2011.

Ambassador Ogbuewu, who stormed  APGA’s national secretariat, alongside supporters and associates, declared during the ceremony that his mission to govern the state was to rescue it and its people from abject poverty created by the misrule of the incumbent administration in the state.

The former Nigerian Ambassador to Greece dismissed current governor Martins Elechi, saying he had failed to improve on the lives of the people.

According to him, Governor Elechi failed to provide basic dividends of democracy to the people and has allowed virtually all basic infrastructure to collapse, especially health  and educational sectors.

He said:  “Martins Elechi has not performed well in all ramifications -  health, education, road network, security, agriculture, completion of projects inherited from previous administrations, housing, etc.

“I intend to, therefore, improve on the economy of Ebonyi State by taking a critical look and review of the internally generated revenue and do what is right in that direction.  Today, it is not the case but I think we need to start by providing the basic things we need to put in place.

“As of now, I don’t see the state government being able to pay living wage to the people of the state.  Virtually everything has collapsed nothing works in the state the state is in comatose, there is paralysis.  The people of Ebonyi are even willing to pay their taxes but government is not willing to provide basic facilities for them.

“The difference I will bring into the state if elected are legion. I will improve on a lot of things like health.  Ebonyi State is in  shambles as far as health is concerned right now.  The Teaching Hospital in Ebonyi State used to be a reference hospital, but now, it is a shadow of its former self.

“All the consultants have abandoned the place. Today, we don’t have any good, functional hospital in Ebonyi State, except the Federal Medical Centre, which is too bad.

“Education is another sorry state.  The state university has closed down long ago and all their good lecturers have been running away.  The primary and secondary schools are not in good state also.  The entire education sector is nothing to write home about.”

Yea, this is one of the reasons I believe that APGA is headed for bumper harvest next year. I pray that somehow Sullivan Chime of Enugu will declare for APGA and leave PDP for Nwodo and his crew.
I also pray that a strong candidate will bear APGA banners against Gov Orji in Abia state.

I basically pray for APGA to capture the entire south east. I don't see any other way for Igboland to gain true leadership and respect in Nigeria.
Re: 2011: I Want To Be Imo Gov –okorocha by chyz(m): 1:24am On Dec 13, 2010
Onlytruth:

Yea, this is one of the reasons I believe that APGA is headed for bumper harvest next year. I pray that somehow Sullivan Chime of Enugu will declare for APGA and leave PDP for Nwodo and his crew.
I also pray that a strong candidate will bear APGA banners against Gov Orji in Abia state.

I basically pray for APGA to capture the entire south east. I don't see any other way for Igboland to gain true leadership and respect in Nigeria.

I'm really routing for Nwodo on this one because the more he continues with is pushing, the likelier Chime will leave and possibly for the AGPA. Even is he remains in PDP till after the election he may decamp. PDP is starting to make the governors feel like they are being puppeted around.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Emir Of Suleja Indicted, Queried / New Au Headquarters Built & Funded By Chinese / See This Funny Facebook Friend Of Boko Haram Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.