Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes (5177 Views)

Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari / Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu / INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by AloyEmeka5: 3:11am On Dec 12, 2010
[size=14pt]We’re Igbo of Oyo State,not non-indigenes–Ogbuefi Ifeme [/size]
By Moshood Adebayo, Abeokuta

Friday, December 10, 2010
Conflict is a fact of daily existence among families, communities, states, countries, individuals and social groups. Whether between siblings or strangers, what matters most, is the management of conflict and disagreement. Experienced elders always strive hard to prevent its escalation whenever it manifests itself.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2010/dec/10/sun/chief-duru[1].gif[/img]
L-R:Chiefs Duru, Igboanugo, Obi, Ifeanyiaka and comrade Okoli

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/dec/10/516.html

The Igbo nation has always believed in the principle of dialogue as a means of settling conflicts and arriving at an amicable and lasting solution to issues. Ndigbo Ibadan in the true spirit of Igbo oneness (Ofu-Obi), endeavoured like noble men to repair their relationship and move as one strong indivisible force.

This is courtesy of the South East Council of Traditional Rulers led by its chairman Eze Cletus Ilomuanya, that proscribed the two factional Igbo associations in Ibadan, Igbo Community Development Association (ICDA) and Igbo Community Oyo State (ICaS) alongside the Eze Ndigbo in the Diaspora title, during arecent visit to the community.

The action brought the already torn apart Igbo Community in Ibadan, together via amicable resolution thereby put an end to the 13-year leadership tussle. The two factions are now one and stronger than ever under a new generally accepted body, Igbo General Assembly (IGA), with Mr. Felix Igboanugo as president-general. It is regrettable that Ndigbo who are one of the major contributors in commerce and industry, second largest community in Oyo State, are lacking behind in governance of the state due to crisis. I therefore enjoin Ndigbo Ibadan to live up to expectation by doing those things that would not only uplift the association alone, but the state as a whole.

Now that the election is around the corner, you must help to defuse the suspicion between the Igbo and their hosts by refusing to pay allegiance to B when your host community is moving to A. Our culture as Igbo resident in Oyo State is the state first. So, support government programmes geared towards creating a stable and viable state.

Come out of your shells and partake in the democratic programme. We must register during the voters’ registration exercise and make sure you vote for the right candidate, in order for Ndigbo to be able to take their proper position in the state. Always respect the customs and traditions of your hosts and the community where you find yourself will show its appreciation.

Follow the path of trust instead of distrust. Follow the path of understanding instead of interference. Follow the path of cooperation instead of separation. See your host as your brother instead of your landlord. By doing this, your mind and that of your family will be at rest. This will also lead to the development of yourself and the community you are resident, which can only lead to a healthier Igbo community and Oyo State. I equally thank Ndigbo Ibadan, Oyo State, for their courage to say no to disunity. Most importantly, the peaceful manner in which Chief Aloy Okwudilichukwu Obi, was elected the Onyendu Ndigbo Oyo State, on May 8, 2010. I envy you, for following the path of unity and peace as requested by the South East royal fathers.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by jason12345: 3:15am On Dec 12, 2010
i bet they are welcome!!!! grin grin grin. they want to "take" over wink grin. mehn, i ike this igbos ooo! dey no dey send grin. pls, come and take over warri, abeg cheesy
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by aljharem(m): 3:17am On Dec 12, 2010
i think this is a very good development

the south is uniting slowly but surly cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by Nobody: 3:18am On Dec 12, 2010
jason12345:

i bet they are welcome!!!! grin grin grin. they want to "take" over wink grin. mehn, i ike this igbos ooo! dey no dey send grin. pls, come and take over warri, abeg cheesy

They're not "taking over".
This is why you'll never have Igbos and Yorubas unite when you have imbe ciles like Aloy.Emeka misinterpreting diplomacy.
Of course the title is going to cause raucous between the two groups. This is Aloy's main goal on NL. What a shame.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by Omenani(m): 3:20am On Dec 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka, your title is very misleading! angry Reread the article and see where you got Igbos claiming Oyo State.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by jason12345: 3:20am On Dec 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

This is why you'll never have Igbos and Yorubas unite when you have imbe ciles like Aloy.Emeka misinterpreting diplomacy.
Of course the title is going to cause raucous between the two groups. This is Aloy's main goal on NL. What a shame.

i know my sister wink. as i said earlier, the igbos and yorubas love themselves too much! even though, they both try to deny this fact!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by chyz(m): 3:30am On Dec 12, 2010
Notice how Aloy+Emeka pics one day to bash the yorubas then one day to bash the igbo.He purposely does it to start e-tribal wars. Pay attention to his posts.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by Nobody: 3:34am On Dec 12, 2010
chyz:

Notice how Aloy+Emeka pics one day to bash the yorubas then one day to bash the igbo.He purposely does it to start e-tribal wars. Pay attention to his posts.
I'm beginning to think he's from neither group.
Just makes it a daily job to cause raucous between the two.
That's why it's easy for him to be a mediator one day and biased the next.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by jason12345: 3:39am On Dec 12, 2010
chyz:

true talk!!! cheesy
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by udezue(m): 3:46am On Dec 12, 2010
@OP, get a life
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by AloyEmeka5: 3:56am On Dec 12, 2010
Question: Is Igbos not claiming Oyo state when they claim to be indigenes?. undecided undecided Inability to comprehend English is the problem here.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by aljharem(m): 3:57am On Dec 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Question: Is Igbos not claiming Oyo state when they claim to be indigenes?. undecided undecided Inability to comprehend English is the problem here.

can u tell me how igbos are claiming oyo state,pls
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by AloyEmeka5: 3:59am On Dec 12, 2010
alj harem:

can u tell me how igbos are claiming oyo state,pls

When they said they are indigenes of Oyo state and not non-Indigenes, what does that mean to you?. DUH.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by jason12345: 4:01am On Dec 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

When they said they are indigenes of Oyo state and not non-Indigenes, what does that mean to you?. DUH.

weren't some yorubas saying this some few months ago? did they say anything about CLAIMING igbo land? my brother, its all about integration which i most people do not mind!
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by AloyEmeka5: 4:02am On Dec 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I don't argue with teenagers especially the one who recently lost her bed mate to assailants in Chicago.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by aljharem(m): 4:02am On Dec 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

are they not indigenes

if an igbo man or woman is born or lived in a particular place for a prolong period of time are wouldn't they come the indigene of that place

can u tell me that igbos in lagos or kaduna are claiming those states just because they live there
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by AloyEmeka5: 4:04am On Dec 12, 2010
jason12345:

weren't some yorubas saying this some few months ago? did they say anything about CLAIMING igbo land? my brother, its all about integration which i most people do not mind!

They were asking for a FREE piece of land in Enugu and allocation of government appointments because they believe their population is big enough to receive such concession but they never claimed to be indigenes.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by AloyEmeka5: 4:05am On Dec 12, 2010
alj harem:

are they not indigenes

if an igbo man or woman is born or lived in a particular place for a prolong period of time are wouldn't they come the indigene of that place

can u tell me that igbos in lagos or kaduna are claiming those states just because they live there

Not according to Nigerian constitution. You've stayed too long in America, bro. An Ekiti political thug will not even venture to run for governorship in Ondo state even though he was born and bred in Akure and when he was born, the two states were one BUT they will never let him rule over them on those grounds.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by Nobody: 4:05am On Dec 12, 2010
udezue:

@OP, get a life

Life arent free or on sale. That would be impossible for the likes of Aloy.

Aloy+Emeka:

I don't argue with teenagers especially the one who recently lost her bed mate to assailants in Chicago.

Not even 14 days after his death and you're already insulting the dead?
. . . . I  give him the permission to visit you to show you the "rest" that you refuse to show him.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by aljharem(m): 4:06am On Dec 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Not according to Nigerian constitution. You've stayed too long in America, bro.

so because i am kanuri and i have stayed in lagos for some years make me a non-indigene of lagos
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by AloyEmeka5: 4:08am On Dec 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Not even 14 days after his death and you're already insulting the dead?
. . . . I  give him the permission to visit you to show you the "rest" that you refuse to show him.

Visit who?. You must be deluded by the residue of his semen still flowing in your veins. I fear no mortal or immortal except God.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by chyz(m): 4:08am On Dec 12, 2010
Nigeria's for everybody

[size=15pt]We’ve no plan to leave Aba for Bauchi[/size]
•Says Alhaji Bello, whose great grandfather settled there over 100 years ago

From OKEY SAMPSON, Aba

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The forefathers of Alhaji Kaka Bello came to Aba in Abia State over 100 years ago. Upon their arrival, their host community in Ngwa accepted them and gave them land to settle down. Since then, the Bellos have been living in peace with their host and even inter-changing marriages with them.

Kaka Bello, 37, who is now the Sariki Hausawa (leader of the Hausa community) in Aba told Daily Sun revealed how they came to settle in the Enyimba City, saying they have no plan to return to their home state, Bauchi to live again. Excerpts:

Leadership challenge
It is a great challenge for me; for a young man of about 37 years assuming the leadership role of the Hausa community in a city like Aba. You can see how large the city is and Aba is highly populated by my people. I feel excited at the challenge.

Host community

The Igbos are very wonderful, most especially my host community because I have to start from home. When my great grandfather came to Aba more than 100 years ago, he was accepted by the Igbos (Ngwas). In fact, he and other members of the family were given a large expanse of land free at Ndiegoro (Aba) where they settled. Not only that, hospital Road/Mosque Street where we have our mosque was given to my people free of charge. We are still enjoying the privilege up till now. So, the Igbos are very wonderful people, they are very accommodating.

Ruling house
The first man from the Bello family that came to Aba in the late 19th Century who incidentally was the first-Hausa leader in Aba, was Mallam Mohammadu Bello.
He was my great grandfather. He died in 1962 and my grandfather took over the mantle of leadership of the Aba-Hausa community.
When my grandfather Alhaji Ibrahim Sariki Bello died in 1982, my late father Alhaji Sariki Tanko Bello took over and the mantle of leadership fell on me when my father died in 2004. So, you can see, since the inception of the Hausa community here in Aba over 100 years ago, the Bello family has been the ruling house.

Numeral strength
I cannot say exactly the number of northerners living here in Aba; they are  so many. The number should not be anything less than 20,000. Very soon, we will embark on a census to know the exact figure. You know my people live and do business in Osisioma, Obingwa, Ugwunagbo, Aba North, and Aba South local governments and their numerical strength is high.

Sectarian crises
We have to educate our people on the essence of unity because there will not be any meaningful development in a chaotic situation. We are Nigerians and we have to accept ourselves as such. An Igbo man should see an Hausa man as part of himself and vice versa. Even when we are provoked, we should be able to tolerate ourselves. Dialogue I believe should be the way out instead of engaging in fracas. We also have to put God first in whatever we are doing. If we do that, sectarian crisis in the country will be drastically reduced.

Another thing is that inter-tribal marriages should be encouraged. I think it is very important to put religion aside at times and inter-marry so that we can achieve peace in the country and live as one.

Councillorship bid

I was denied the opportunity to serve my people. I am highly accepted here in Aba. It were the Igbos that campaigned for me, it were the Igbos that voted for me. During my campaign, it were the Igbos that formed the bulk of my campaign team. In fact, the Igbos voted massively for me, but the problem I had was the problem we generally have in Nigeria today where one will win election and another declared winner.

Going back to Bauchi

Ah No! Aba is my home. I was born here and have lived all my life in the city. What am I going back to Bauchi State for? I have been getting all I want in this commercial city. I am comfortable and my family members too; in fact, the Hausa community here is happy. The only thing I can do is visit Bauchi probably spend few days and come back to Aba.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/may/26/national-26-05-2010-20.htm
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by AloyEmeka5: 4:10am On Dec 12, 2010
alj harem:

so because i am kanuri and i have stayed in lagos for some years make me a non-indigene of lagos

You are an Indigene of Maiduguri or Borno or whichever state Kanuris reside an dit doesn't matter if you were born and bred in Lagos for the last 45 years of your life. If you doubt me, go and seek for gubernatorial elections in Imo or Oyo states. These Igbo men are making Ezeuche type of noise, if they claim more than their physical presence in Ibadan, Akala will set thugs after them.

Do you remember this Oyo thug?
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by Nobody: 4:12am On Dec 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Visit who?. You must be deluded by the residue of his semen still flowing in your veins. I fear no mortal or immortal except God.
Like I said, May the dead come and visit you.
Just say Amen.
To even be jealous of him while dead shows how insane you are.

Even your God cannot protect you.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by aljharem(m): 4:14am On Dec 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Just say Amen.

hahahaha grin grin grin

ileke-idi my wife wink

i have divorce my other wife just because of u kiss kiss

idi give me consideration wink na
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by AloyEmeka5: 4:15am On Dec 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Just say Amen.

Please give it a rest. It's not as if you lost your virginity through him because you lost it at 12. He surely was receiving rancid goods all those times you made wedding excuses to travel to Chicago.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by Nobody: 4:16am On Dec 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Please give it a rest. It's not as if you lost your virginity through him because you lost it at 12.
I am not the one to give you a rest now. The spirit of the undead that you've called will give it to you.
God and pray for that your useless God to come and save you.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by aljharem(m): 4:17am On Dec 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

You are an Indigene of Maiduguri or Borno or whichever state Kanuris reside an dit doesn't matter if you were born and bred in Lagos for the last 45 years of your life. If you doubt me, go and seek for gubernatorial elections in Imo or Oyo states. These Igbo men are making Ezeuche type of noise, if they claim more than their physical presence in Ibadan, Akala will set thugs after them.

Do you remember this Oyo thug?

i know i can not do more that what i can chew

all in all i believe, since i am half igbo , then i can live in any part of igbo land angry
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by AloyEmeka5: 4:18am On Dec 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I am not the one to give you a rest now. The spirit of the undead that you've called will give it to you.

You are  insulting God simply because you lost a part time screwer? Jeez. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by AloyEmeka5: 4:19am On Dec 12, 2010
alj harem:

i know i can not do more that what i can chew

all in all i believe, since i am half igbo , then i can live in any part of igbo land angry

Since when did you become igbo hybrid?. No true Igbo blood insults his people. None and I envy that about them.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by Nobody: 4:19am On Dec 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

You are  insulting God simply because you lost a part time screwer? Jeez.  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Is your powerless God not answering your prayer?
Just have a sweet dream tonight.
Olubusayo Awomolo, you have a host. For those who call on the spirit of the dead shall have no rest themselves.
Re: Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes by aljharem(m): 4:20am On Dec 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

ileke-idi, forget him

just keep thinking about me wink cheesy

my love for u is un-dilutable in any form

just keep thinking of alhaji abdul-harem ciroma uche angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Transformation Of Nigerian Railways: Mid-term Progress Report (With Pictures) / $600,000,000 In Drug Money Buried On His Farm / Amechi Is A Lucifer,psychiatric Patient-wike Reacts To APC Meeting With Ag VP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.