Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why It's Absolutely Always Important To Get Facts Rights Before Accusing Anyone - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why It's Absolutely Always Important To Get Facts Rights Before Accusing Anyone (282 Views)

Davido Threatens To Sue A Store For Accusing His Crew Of Stealing Perfume / Is Timi Dakolo Accusing Biodun Fatoyinbo, COZA Pastor Of Sleeping With Virgins? / Photos; Kids Imitate The Royal Wedding, And It's Absolutely Adorable! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why It's Absolutely Always Important To Get Facts Rights Before Accusing Anyone by UniqueDennis(m): 11:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
This is the picture of Amber Heard, the ex wife of Johnny Depp.

Amber Heard - 4th Annual Women's March LA: Women Rising in Los Angeles 01/18/2020

She accused her husband of domestic violence... She wanted the world to believe her without evidence and most people did... She started a massive campaign, asking the world to believe women who accuse men of violence and rape without asking for evidence... She was already succeeding, to a large extent.

Today, evidence is out that she was the one guilty of domestic violence against the husband.

This is about me and you sha.

Would you want the world to believe somebody who accuses you of a crime, without first hearing from you or demanding that your accuser present hard evidence?

I know you won't want that.

But if I come now and said someone told me that Itodo raped Marycollette when they were in Ghana last week.

I have evidence. Pictures and videos. I'm a lawyer, believe me. You know I can't come and post something like this without hardcore evidence. You know na.

And truly, truly, most Nigerians will rush to their timelines now and start posting about this, calling my friend and brother Itodo a rapist. It will go viral.

Most persons won't even ask me to reveal the identity of the person who told me. No time. I said it, so they must believe it, because I'm a lawyer, because I'm an officer of the court, because degree is just toilet paper, because education is just waste of time, because because is because...

I claimed I have evidence. They won't ask for it. They have not seen the pictures and videos. But they are ready to believe me and go right ahead to lynch a man who has done them no wrong.

In the end I can even come and tell the mob that I have chosen to forgive Itodo and they will hail me for my compassion and mercy. They have still not seen the pictures and videos I boasted to have in my possession o. Them no send. I say he did it. And that's it.

Until it happens to them...

That's when they will appreciate why the justice system has a certain procedure. Once that procedure is breached (by anyone, even a judge), abuse and injustice is inevitable.

Allegation is not the same thing with fact. And fact and allegation is not the same thing with evidence. Someone with even a Primary School level of education should know this. But you know, you know... Mtcheew.

People can lie. People can tell half truths. People can embellish stories to suit their plots.

As a lawyer and human rights advocate, I have come across many persons, especially on Social Media who have told me blatant lies and half truths in an attempt to use me in settling personal scores or hurting someone. My inbox brims with these tales. They have always failed. All of them.

They fail because I ask very tough questions. And even after someone has provided the needed answers, I always insist the proper procedure is followed. Most of them will simply disappear at this point.

They don't want justice. They want Facebook updates, Facebook likes, comments and drama. As a lawyer and activist, I have learnt that if I'm not careful, I will become a foolish tool in the hands of these persons.

They want to manipulate you emotionally. They will cry bitterly and swear to known and unknown gods. Ask them for evidence, they will cry harder. Sorry na, clean tears, bring evidence, they will just disappear.

I have seen many persons attack others on just mere allegations. They fought, they killed, they maimed... Without sighting a shred of evidence to prove that the allegation is true. What a mob mentality.

I hope to see us grow pass this mob mentality. Until an allegation is proven with hardcore evidence, it is just that, an allegation.

But you see, I know this doesn't make sense until it happens to you. When someone wakes up one day and said you stole something, what will you want people to do? Hear your side first or start calling you a thief? Will you want us to to demand hardcore evidence from your accuser or rush to make a post calling you a thief?

PS: Apologies to my friends who are called Itodo and Marycollette (especially, they know themselves) for using your names in this shocking example. I pray that you don't get accused falsely any day; because some of these people here will not ask for evidence o.

- First Baba Isa (FBI)

~Culled~

1 Like

Re: Why It's Absolutely Always Important To Get Facts Rights Before Accusing Anyone by budaatum: 11:59pm On Feb 03, 2020
When we ask people not to just believe anything they think say na joke. They will come here and tell us one story like that about mamiwota sucking their toes and start insulting us when we tell them about ten pigs we saw flying yesterday!

(1) (Reply)

OMG!!! Pastor Commands International Passport From His Shoe [watch Video] / The Newest Addition To YBNL / Actor Yul Edochie Says Women Should Be Seen As Partners And Not People To Be Con

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.