Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Help Me With This Physics Questions. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help Me With This Physics Questions. (306 Views)

Pls Help Solve This PHYSICS / Can You Solve This Physics Question? / A Genius Should Help Me With This Physics Calculation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With This Physics Questions. by reccy(m): 1:11am On Feb 04, 2020
1) Average velocity and instantaneous velocity are generally two different quantities. Can they ever be equal by a specific motion??

2) If average velocity is not equal to zero, for some time interval, change in "T" , does it mean that the instantaneous velocity is never zero during the interval

3) If the velocity of a particles is zero, can it acceleration ever be non - zero and vice versa

4) Can the magnitude of a particles displacement be greater than distance traveled

5) Can the magnitude of a resultant be negative?
Re: Help Me With This Physics Questions. by Martinez39s(m): 3:52am On Feb 04, 2020
reccy:
1) Average velocity and instantaneous velocity are generally two different quantities. Can they ever be equal by a specific motion??
Yes. If the displacement function s(t) is continuous on a closed interval, say [a , b ] and it's differentiable on (a , b ) then there exists at least a time, say c, in (a , b ) such that:
s'(c) = [s(b) - s(a)]/(b - a)
This is called the Mean Value Theorem.

2) If average velocity is not equal to zero, for some time interval, change in "T" , does it mean that the instantaneous velocity is never zero during the interval
The instantaneous velocity can be zero. This is a no brainer na. grin

3) If the velocity of a particles is zero, can it acceleration ever be non - zero and vice versa
If the velocity of a particle is 0 then the acceleration is always zero. Remember that the acceleration function is the derivative of the velocity function. The derivative of zero is zero.

4) Can the magnitude of a particles displacement be greater than distance traveled
Hell no!

5) Can the magnitude of a resultant be negative?
Magnitudes are always positive.
Re: Help Me With This Physics Questions. by reccy(m): 1:44pm On Feb 04, 2020
Martinez39s:
Yes. If the displacement function s(t) is continuous on a closed interval, say [a , b ] and it's differentiable on (a , b ) then there exists at least a time, say c, in (a , b ) such that:
This is called the Mean Value Theorem.

The instantaneous velocity can be zero. This is a no brainer na. grin

If the velocity of a particle is 0 then the acceleration is always zero. Remember that the acceleration function is the derivative of the velocity function. The derivative of zero is zero.

Hell no!

Magnitudes are always positive.

Waw...... Thanks boss.... I have something in pocket for my test....

(1) (Reply)

How Recognized Is NOUN M.sc Certificate / Effects Of Extravagant Lifestyle. / What To Do When You Don’t Feel Like Studying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.