Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,820 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Academic Extortion At Enugu State College Of Education (technical) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Academic Extortion At Enugu State College Of Education (technical) (217 Views)

Federal College Of Education (technical) Umunze Releases Sandwich Admission Form / Federal College Of Education (technical), Asaba Asaba, Delta State.2020/2021 / Federal College Of Education (technical), Fcet, Umunze Acceptance Fee Payment, R (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Academic Extortion At Enugu State College Of Education (technical) by OKKO(m): 8:53am On Feb 04, 2020
...I have received this kind of text from my 3 different wards that just got admission in ESCET about 3 weeks ago...

"Good morning Sir, pls those text books I told u about the other time is now urgent our lecturers told us that whoever did not buy their handout and text books they will make sure the person get carry over in there courses and write it again and the person will not summit his or her assignment after writing it, our biology and computer HoD's told those of us that is doing computer/biology today when we are having there lectures that whoever did not buy departmental wear will not be attaining there lectures again and also our biology lecturer told us to buy school lab coat ,she said that whenever we are going to do practical biology we will wear the lab coat."

Enugu State College of Education (Technical) popularly known as ESCET was created from Science Education Department (SED) of the IMT Enugu in 2006. It was meant to train science and technology teachers at the basic level of NCE.

The school inherited the all the SED lecturers, labs, workshops, studios, hostels and other infrastructures in the (then) Campus 2 of the IMT, located opposite polo park (now) Shoprite in Enugu.

Among other quality academic facilities, the school also has an ETF sponsored Library filled with relevant Educational books.

However, after the exit of the first Provost of the College, heavy corruption set in, the next governor brought tribal sentiment and sacked most erudite lecturers and brought incompetent ones from his zone. The school was saturated with tribal sentiments, watering down the standards, creating academic business men and politicians who offers nothing but extorting the students...in various ways.

I have a ward in the school that resumed 3 wks ago, after paying all the exorbitant fees both for registration, verification, acceptance, tuition, hostel etc...I started hearing stuffs such buying handouts, departmental dress, customised lab. coat and so on.

My worry is why make compulsory and prerequisite of attending lectures or submitting assignment? Are handouts now legit? Why allow impunity, academic and social vices to rein supreme in that school.

Please let us speak out until higher authorities hear this and act appropriately.

(1) (Reply)

2020 Unilag Postgraduate Entrance Exam PQ *early Birds* / Smart And Wisdom / Who Knows SEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.