Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Powdered Soya Beans Milk - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Powdered Soya Beans Milk (7839 Views)

How To Prepare Soya Beans Milk,a Highly Nutritious Natural Drink (pic And Video) / What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk / New Business Niche: Supply Of 25 Kg Bags Of Powdered Milk In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Powdered Soya Beans Milk by jpilata(m): 10:23am On Feb 04, 2020
POWDERED SOYA BEANS MILK RECIPE

Powdered soya beans milk is a very healthy and nutritious milk that is very good for the body, especially for babies.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Main Ingredients
•Soya beans seeds (4 cups)

Optional Ingredients
•Smoked Prawns or crayfish
•Unripe plantain (fried or roasted)
•Fried groundnuts ( 1 cup )
•Cashew nuts (1 cup )

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Utensils to be needed
•Tray
•Spoon
•Sieve
•Bowls
•Cooking pot
•Frying pan
•Grinding machine/mill

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Preparation

•Make sure you select the soya bean seeds to remove dirt, stone and the bad bean seeds from the bulk. Select as you would do for beans before cooking.

•Fry your groundnuts/peanuts or buy already fried one from the market.

•Cut the peeled unripe plantain into very thin flakes and bake with your oven till crispy, but not burnt or buy already fried unripe plantain (kpekere). You can peel the plantain, cut into flat chips and sundry or you can also fry it in a dry pot over fire.

•If you are using cashew nuts, make sure you fry it as you would do for groundnuts.

•Select your prawns or crayfish from dirt and sand.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

PREPARATION

There are 2 methods of making powdered soya beans milk.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

METHOD 1

Step 1: In an empty pot or frying pan, stir-fry the soya beans on low heat, till the soya bean seeds start turning slightly brown in colour and the skin can easily peel off like a well fried groundnut when done.

Step 2: Spread on a tray to cool, before proceeding to the mill for grinding.

Step 3: Take it to the grinder, they should loosen their engine, grind to scatter the bean seeds. It would be cracked, so you can separate the shaft from the beans.

Step 4: Put it on a tray and blow off the chaff.

Step 5: After this, transfer back the peeled soya beans for proper grinding into smooth powder.

Step 6: When completely smooth at this point, you can add all or any of the optional Ingredients of your choice, like ( peeled fried groundnuts, smoked prawns or crayfish, unripe plantain, and fried cashew nuts) and grind for the last time.

Step 7: Then spread out on a tray to cool, before storing in airtight containers or bottles.

Step 8: Your soya beans milk powder is ready.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

METHOD 2

Step 1: Parboil your soya beans for 25 to 30 minutes or pour very hot water on your soya bean seeds and allow to soak for 30 minutes, then drain off and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
Note: This step is done in order to extract the excess acid the soya beans contains.
Note also: you can boil your soya beans 3 day before making the milk powder, so that you can allow the beans to dry properly.

Step 2: Wash to remove the hulls or skins from the soya beans seeds.

Step 3: Dry/preserve the peeled soya beans under the sun for 2 to 3 days, in order to let it dry very well.
Note: you can also dry your peeled soya beans in your oven for few minutes.

Step 4: After the 2 to 3 days, fry your dried soya bean seeds on low heat and leave to cool.

Step 5: Then grind or blend the fried soya beans and you can add all or any of the optional Ingredients of your choice, like ( peeled fried groundnuts, smoked prawns or crayfish, unripe plantain, and cashew nuts), and grind to smooth powder.

Step 6: Then spread out on a tray to cool, before storing in airtight containers or bottles.

Step 8: Your soya beans milk powder is ready.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Preserving your powdered soya beans milk

•Soya beans powder can be stored in airtight containers or bottles, for a very long time.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

How to serve powdered soya beans milk

•Soya bean milk powder can be added to your pap/Akamu and tea.

•It can be served with milk for baby.

•You can add this soya beans powder to water, to make soya milk or you can use it for desserts, smoothies or even in any recipe of your choice to increase the protein content of the food.

•Add prawns or crayfish to grind with the soya beans, if you are preparing it for your baby.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Tips for making powdered soya beans milk

Tip 1. If you have a heavy duty blender or miller, loosen the grinder and pass the soya beans through once to separate the skins from the beans. Then carefully blow away the skins.

Tip 2. Make sure you fry your soya beans on low heat for 15 minutes or when it turns more brownish.

Tip 3. You can add this soya beans powder to water, to make soya milk or you can use it for desserts, smoothies or even in any recipe of your choice to increase the protein content of the food.

Tip 4. Add prawns or crayfish to grind with the soya beans, if you are preparing it for your baby.

1 Like

Re: Powdered Soya Beans Milk by jpilata(m): 10:31am On Feb 04, 2020
For more information, you can continue reading through the link below:

https://foodresearchkitchen..com/2020/02/powdered-soya-beans-milk-recipe.html
Re: Powdered Soya Beans Milk by Tomjazzy2: 8:27am On Mar 30, 2020
@Petyprincess don't tell me you didn't see my message
Re: Powdered Soya Beans Milk by Petyprincess(f): 11:09am On Mar 30, 2020
Tomjazzy2:
@Petyprincess don't tell me you didn't see my message
What message you talking about? I'm actually replying you because you helped me in past
So what do u want exactly?

1 Like

Re: Powdered Soya Beans Milk by Tomjazzy2: 11:28am On Mar 30, 2020
Petyprincess:

What message you talking about? I'm actually replying you because you helped me in past
So what do u want exactly?

Really? You feel obliged to replying because of that?
Re: Powdered Soya Beans Milk by Petyprincess(f): 11:35am On Mar 30, 2020
Tomjazzy2:

Really? You feel obliged to replying because of that?
Not really
So what message you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Powdered Soya Beans Milk by Tomjazzy2: 11:39am On Mar 30, 2020
Petyprincess:

Not really
So what message you talking about?

I actually did send a mail. But it's cool, you don't have to reply if you don't feel like doing so
Re: Powdered Soya Beans Milk by Petyprincess(f): 11:43am On Mar 30, 2020
Tomjazzy2:

I actually did send a mail. But it's cool, you don't have to reply if you don't feel like doing so
Okay let me confirm

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Will Happen If I Drink HYPO? / Online Cake Shop / Reasons You Should Avoid Eating Suya..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.