Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / . (2271 Views)

Persistent AC Cooling Issue / Corolla 2010 Ac Compressor Problem. / The Current Prices Of Corolla AC Compressor And Condenser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Emman8(m): 6:03am On Feb 05, 2020
Re: . by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:46am On Feb 05, 2020
Emman8:
Last year August I bought AC compressor and condenser for honda accord 2003 v6, AC technician did flushing, setup and gas refill and everything was working fine for 2 months, until one afternoon I noticed smoke coming out of the hood, i quickly park to check i noticed the AC compressor was making grinding noise and smoking, i turned it off and took the car to AC technician. I was told I have to change Compressor and Condenser again in which I did again, now same thing happen like 2 months after again, please what could be wrong? No sign of any leaks

Cc: Gazzuzz, Mosbus

1 Like

Re: . by Emman8(m): 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2020
Please help
Re: . by mosbus: 3:05pm On Feb 05, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Cc: Gazzuzz, Mosbus
When changing your compressor and condenser.
You also need to change the high pressure hose.
The high pressure hose is nylon quilted internally,after many years of usage the hose get blocked internally.
That could be the source of your compressor damage.

2 Likes

Re: . by Emman8(m): 3:19pm On Feb 06, 2020
Thorough flushing was done before changing the compressor and condenser
Re: . by Inception(m): 3:53pm On Feb 06, 2020
Emman8:
Last year August I bought AC compressor and condenser for honda accord 2003 v6, AC technician did flushing, setup and gas refill and everything was working fine for 2 months, until one afternoon I noticed smoke coming out of the hood, i quickly park to check i noticed the AC compressor was making grinding noise and smoking, i turned it off and took the car to AC technician. I was told I have to change Compressor and Condenser again in which I did again, now same thing happen like 2 months after again, please what could be wrong? No sign of any leaks

You need a complete overhaul of your AC system.

High/low pressure lines, Evaporator, Condenser( i think this should come with an inbuilt drier), Compressor.

All should be bought brand new (If you can get grade 1 Toks compressor, fine)
Re: . by RZArecta(m): 8:40am On Feb 07, 2020
Just contact mosbus if you’re based in Lagos

1 Like

Re: . by Dellybamss(m): 12:25am On May 11, 2021
Please what is the cost of AC condenser for Honda EOD 2004?

RZArecta:
Just contact mosbus if you’re based in Lagos

1 Like

Re: . by Angrygoat: 6:45am On May 11, 2021
Heya I rem whe I was passing thru these hard times with my honda. I later sold it off. Just forget bro,once factory ac has left your engine and manual don enter with removing factory condenser. Na thr problem start. This why we must learn to drive our car carefully and mice the use of ac
Re: . by Piyke: 8:07am On May 11, 2021
Emman8:

The gringing noise means fragments were sent from the compressor through the AC system. With this all non-flushable parts would trap fragments and must be replaced: compressor & condenser (which you did), expansion valve and drier should be replaced too. I am guessing you replaced the drier but didn't mention. Also as mosbus said, some AC hoses have inline filters in them. They should be replaced too. Lastly, I hope your technician uses a vacuum pump? If not you should change to someone that does.
Re: . by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:25pm On May 11, 2021
Dellybamss:

account suffering a short ban till 2029, ask mosbus for anything concerning car AC's
Re: . by Bifakacproducts: 7:54pm On May 12, 2021
Dellybamss:

check out our profile Sir. Your one stop shop for everything car ac parts.

(1) (Reply)

Accord 07 (DC) Repairs / Another Car Buyer Caught In Car Dealers Trap / Why Does Car Car Headlights Change Color After Few Months Use In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.