Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Persistent AC Cooling Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Persistent AC Cooling Issue (921 Views)

Persistent Corolla 2009 Hard Start Issue / Toyota Camry 2006 Rough Idling, AC Cooling Low When On Idle / Solving A Persistent Cylinder #1 Misfire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Persistent AC Cooling Issue by devstation: 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
Please I'll appreciate some help with this.

My Car's AC is kinda of acting up.

Current Issue:
The AC Cools intermittently. It cools for say 20 mins, stops cooling(does not blow hot air during this time) and then starts cooling again after probably 5 to 10 minutes.

I'll provide a little repair history

1. Days Prior to 23rd of August this year, i noticed it wasn't as chilly as it used to be. Took it to an AC Repair Man. He Claimed the previous gas used was a wrong gas and quoted to have the system flushed, put some oil in the compressor and refill the gas. This he did on the 23rd. He used a refrigerant from a "green cylinder", similar to most of these camp cookers

2. Ac Worked as should till about October 27th. I Noticed that it was only chilling from the vents on the Passenger's side. A Second AC Technician said the refrigerant was low. He replaced the refrigerant. He Opines the compressor could also be failing

3. Thereafter, the current issue began. Got back to town and took vehicle to initial AC Technician. He's now blaming the last refrigerant that was used. He's proposing to do a flush again and service the filter in the Condenser and refill with fresh refrigerant. I have no problem with his suggestion and attendant bill, but I'm just being reluctant going on with it as his last attempt didn't last for more than three months

My thought is that probably they both used bad registrants? Thinking of getting the JOHNSEN'S refrigerant from Gazzuzz myself after the flush. As a side note, on the 25th of October, i noticed a misty cloud(what i think was the leaked refrigerant) in the lower part of the windshield. Vehicle is an ES350 2008

Please what would you suggestions be on a comprehensive repair path?

Thank You
Re: Persistent AC Cooling Issue by cyborg123(m): 8:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
Which car do you drive and hope they've checked and replaced the cabin filter first?
Do they detect pressure in the system before their flush and refill?
Re: Persistent AC Cooling Issue by devstation: 9:48pm On Nov 01, 2020
cyborg123:
Which car do you drive and hope they've checked and replaced the cabin filter first?
Do they detect pressure in the system before their flush and refill?
It's an '08 ES350. The cabin filter has not been replaced yet. As regards detecting pressure before flush and refill, i would not know. Is that what is done with something that looks like a Tire Pressure Gauge? If it is, Yes
Re: Persistent AC Cooling Issue by cyborg123(m): 1:17am On Nov 02, 2020
devstation:

It's an '08 ES350. The cabin filter has not been replaced yet. As regards detecting pressure before flush and refill, i would not know. Is that what is done with something that looks like a Tire Pressure Gauge? If it is, Yes

Yes. If the pressure is within normal range, they need to look away from gas and check for normal operation of the AC compressor clutch and fans.

If the pressure is too much, some cars have safety shut offs, so the AC will never cool well.

If the pressure is too low, there's a leak which must be traced. Some leaks may be inside the dashboard around the condenser.

They should have checked and cleaned or replaced the cabin air filter first.
Re: Persistent AC Cooling Issue by 80kobo(m): 3:18am On Nov 02, 2020
That Green cylinder gas is not meant for your car.

It might have caused damage already.
Re: Persistent AC Cooling Issue by chukel(m): 6:49am On Nov 02, 2020
Both first and 2nd technicians failed to realise your ac system has a leak. Good thing is that the leak seems minor. That johnsen's gas should be able to plug the leak. Problem was never really the gas.
Re: Persistent AC Cooling Issue by devstation: 7:38am On Nov 02, 2020
Thank You guys. I really appreciate.

I'll insist they check for leaks when i visit them. Any Practical DIY method i could check myself?
I'll also have the cabin air filter replaced

Please do we have any recommendation for a competent AC Technician around the Calabar / Uyo Axis?

1 Like

Re: Persistent AC Cooling Issue by Peppermintflav: 9:21pm On Jan 16, 2021
devstation:
Thank You guys. I really appreciate.

I'll insist they check for leaks when i visit them. Any Practical DIY method i could check myself?
I'll also have the cabin air filter replaced

Please do we have any recommendation for a competent AC Technician around the Calabar / Uyo Axis?
How did you later solve your AC problem? Or have you resigned to fate?

(1) (Reply)

Is The Toyota Camry Better Than The Honda Accord? / Here Is How To Make Your Car Shinning And Dazzling Always / Toyota Camry Sport 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.