Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Please Help With A Choice Of Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please Help With A Choice Of Car (1482 Views)

Help Me Make A Choice. / Get Your Android Car Stereo With Wifi Support Google Map For All kinds of Car / Please Help Me Make A Choice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help With A Choice Of Car by sisqology(m): 10:55am On Feb 05, 2020
Good day everyone,

Please I need your advice on which car type and model I can go for. I am buying it for my wife, she does not have a big stature, she is still a learner and she prefers a small sized car. I am planning to buy Naija used (Grade C at worst) and my budget (max) is 850k. And of course, car must have AC and must be auto transmission

So based on my research, I have shortlisted some options

1. Toyota Matrix (but expensive and I may not be able to afford that for now)
2. Kia Picanto (I don't know anything about it)
3. Hyundai Accent
4. Volkswagen Golf
5. Peugeot 307, 206, 407 series
6. Hyundai Elantra
7. Honda city
8. Kia Rio

Please car gurus, can anyone suggest or advice which could be the best I can go for considering their maintenance culture and Lagos traffic grin grin
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by kunleweb: 10:56am On Feb 05, 2020
Honda spells class
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by blackpanthar: 10:57am On Feb 05, 2020
Whatever you choose. Stick with toyota. Else you may regret what mechs will do with any other brand you choose.

Nissan is also good
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by sisqology(m): 11:05am On Feb 05, 2020
blackpanthar:
Whatever you choose. Stick with toyota. Else you may regret what mechs will do with any other brand you choose.

Nissan is also good

Thank you, yes thought about Nissan Almeria or the likes too. But you know the bad experience with Nissan.

I have been trying to stick to Toyota too (I am a big fan) but the money on ground will not get a nice Toyota that is not too old (and portable). Remember Matrix is the benchmark. Which other one?

Which Nissan would you recommend sir?
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by sisqology(m): 11:08am On Feb 05, 2020
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by kunleweb: 11:10am On Feb 05, 2020

Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by sisqology(m): 11:12am On Feb 05, 2020
kunleweb:

Class

Affordability

Easy use

Expensive? I have a budget
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by NokiaN8(m): 11:21am On Feb 05, 2020
Go for the golf it rugged, good resale value, spare parts available, easy to maintain, have it class, good strong body and engine.. lasting forever. U Wuld use it for a long time and no regrets, forget all others... have advised u..!
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by sisqology(m): 11:36am On Feb 05, 2020
NokiaN8:
Go for the golf it rugged, good resale value, spare parts available, easy to maintain, have it class, good strong body and engine.. lasting forever. U Wuld use it for a long time and no regrets, forget all others... have advised u..!

Which of the golf and year of manufacture would you recommend sir? So I can take a look
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by sisqology(m): 2:26pm On Feb 05, 2020
GAZZUZZ please help needed here too
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by sisqology(m): 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2020
Recommendations o
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by double3(m): 2:11am On Feb 06, 2020
With that budget u would get a good 07/08/09/10 Kia rio or 09/08 elantra.
Whichever u decide to settle for make sure u inspect using a reputable mechanic before purchase.
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by Yourbest(m): 3:30am On Feb 06, 2020
Go for the honda city or even a Civic 08-10 would fit your budget If you sort well. the matrix would have been good but almost impossible to get a clean and good one for that price. Forget the Peugeot or Golf if you don't want your wife to be on constant calls with rewire. the rest lacks second hand value and I'm not too sure on performance. Talking from First Hand experience
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by Gaddafi1: 5:58am On Feb 06, 2020
sisqology:

Thank you, yes thought about Nissan Almeria or the likes too. But you know the bad experience with Nissan.

I have been trying to stick to Toyota too (I am a big fan) but the money on ground will not get a nice Toyota that is not too old (and portable). Remember Matrix is the benchmark. Which other one?

Which Nissan would you recommend sir?

My brother you are not in competition with anyone, don't be under pressure to get a car now. Be patient and save more money for a Toyota Corolla 2004. You can thank me later.
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by badoh(m): 7:06am On Feb 06, 2020
Add N150k join and come pick this camry. Rarely driven. It's in Osogbo. Clean First body just like Tokunbo. Only if your wife like Camry ooo.

1 Like

Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by sisqology(m): 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
Gaddafi1:

My brother you are not in competition with anyone, don't be under pressure to get a car now. Be patient and save more money for a Toyota Corolla 2004. You can thank me later.

THanks boss, I dont know why I hate this car with passion sha. And she hates it too. lol,
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by sisqology(m): 1:04pm On Feb 06, 2020
badoh:
Add N150k join and come pick this camry. Rarely driven. It's in Osogbo. Clean First body just like Tokunbo. Only if your wife like Camry ooo.

Too wide ooo
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by Bettycars(m): 1:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
I have this imported 2001 Mercedes Benz E class, automatic, working AC. I am selling it for 900,000 cos it’s diesel but a very good ride straight from Norway

Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by Bettycars(m): 1:17pm On Feb 06, 2020
Never mind the different alloy wheels. They were with winter and summer tyres respectively

Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by Bettycars(m): 1:21pm On Feb 06, 2020
European used Mercedes Benz E class 2001 with complete, original, verifiable customs paper. Highly fuel efficient diesel engine, automatic gear, power steering, functioning AC, keyless, central locking system, airbag,different alloy rims to choose from. Never die engine.
Price: 900,000

At Bettycars, you can get vehicles at good prices.

For your European used cars or buses please call or whatsapp 070 6587 0508 for enquiries or inspection

We are importers of used vehicles at very good prices, with complete, original and verifiable customs paper. No hassles, no regrets.

Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by captainking(m): 2:12pm On Feb 06, 2020
badoh:
One Million for a 1999 naija used camry you need to treck for 1000 days ...
what da fvvk....

As long as its naija used,,it cannot exceed 600k

2 Likes

Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by captainking(m): 2:13pm On Feb 06, 2020
badoh:
One Million for a 1999 naija used camry you need to treck for 1000 days ...
what da fvvk....

As long as its naija used,,it cannot exceed 600kk
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by nurey(m): 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2020
sisqology:
Good day everyone,

Please I need your advice on which car type and model I can go for. I am buying it for my wife, she does not have a big stature, she is still a learner and she prefers a small sized car. I am planning to buy Naija used (Grade C at worst) and my budget (max) is 850k. And of course, car must have AC and must be auto transmission

So based on my research, I have shortlisted some options

1. Toyota Matrix (but expensive and I may not be able to afford that for now)
2. Kia Picanto (I don't know anything about it)
3. Hyundai Accent
4. Volkswagen Golf
5. Peugeot 307, 206, 407 series
6. Hyundai Elantra
7. Honda city
8. Kia Rio

Please car gurus, can anyone suggest or advice which could be the best I can go for considering their maintenance culture and Lagos traffic grin grin

There is a manual 206 tokunbo for 800k on nairaland there is no big deal in driving a manual even in traffic because you just need the clutch to get the car moving.

if you feel she can manage buy the car if it is not converted cheaply and if engineer certify it ok. Anybody that says buy only Toyota because of parts, ask the person is he the Babaoloja of ladipo market grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by zoedew: 7:58pm On Feb 06, 2020
badoh:

Please let’s have a number to WhatsApp on this. Thanks.
Re: Please Help With A Choice Of Car by ojeysky(m): 3:28pm On Feb 13, 2020
If you need a Honda Civic, a toks 08 Civic just landed(yet to be cleaned up) and it's up for sale let me know if interested. Mileage 144k can provide vin if requested.

(1) (Reply)

Pricelist Of Tokunbo Toyota Camry For Sale Now / Honda Acura 2001 Model For 490 / Lagos: March 2020 Pricelist Of Tokunbo & Registered/used Cars In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.