Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,548 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Obaseki- Oshiomhole Hates Me Because I Refused To Hand Over “the Treasury” To Hi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki- Oshiomhole Hates Me Because I Refused To Hand Over “the Treasury” To Hi (803 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Obaseki, Oshiomhole Meet At Sam Igbe's 90th Birthday (Photos) / Obaseki, Oshiomhole Reconciled By Dangote, Fayemi, Peace Returns To Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki- Oshiomhole Hates Me Because I Refused To Hand Over “the Treasury” To Hi by Racoon(m): 12:45pm On Feb 05, 2020
The Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki has made a startling revelation about the rift between him and  Adams Oshiomhole, National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Obaseki disclosed that the crisis was due to his refusal to hand over the “key to the treasury” of the state to Oshiomhole and his “cronies.”

In a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Communication Strategy, Crusoe Osagie, the governor explained that while he believed in using the state resources to serve the people, Oshiomhole and his cronies believe it should be used to “carry them along.”

He said: “As a matter of fact, the political crisis in Edo State which has forced the likes of Iriase to address the press, is underlaid by the stellar performance of the governor which is made possible by the fact that he has refused to hand over the key to the treasury of Edo State to Comrade Oshiomhole, Iriase and their cronies.

“Make no mistake, the crisis in Edo State has nothing to do with performance because there is no governor in Nigeria as we speak that has performed better than Governor Obaseki.

“The crisis is all about the control of the state’s resources. While Obaseki believes that these resources should be used to serve the people, Iriase and his likes believe it should be used to ‘carry them along,’ which is another euphemism for ‘graft.”

The crisis between Obaseki and Oshiomhole had yesterday taken a new twist as the Governor moved to arrest the APC Chairman, who was a former governor of the state.

Obaseki had submitted a petition to the Inspector-General of Police, and Department of State Services, DSS, calling for the arrest of the APC National Chairman for disobeying orders.

http://www.politico.ng/oshiomhole-fighting-me-because-i-didnt-hand-over-key-of-money-to-him-obaseki/

Re: Obaseki- Oshiomhole Hates Me Because I Refused To Hand Over “the Treasury” To Hi by aremuforlife(m): 1:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
Is this guy for real, this is just a cheap propaganda.
Can he provide any proof to buttress his allegation?

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki- Oshiomhole Hates Me Because I Refused To Hand Over “the Treasury” To Hi by Racoon(m): 1:33pm On Feb 05, 2020
The altruism that "the love of money is the root of all evil" is not only true but it's just a way of life with politicians.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki- Oshiomhole Hates Me Because I Refused To Hand Over “the Treasury” To Hi by Sirheny007(m): 1:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
“The crisis is all about the control of the state’s resources. While Obaseki believes that these resources should be used to serve the people, Iriase and his likes believe it should be used to ‘carry them along,’ which is another euphemism for ‘graft.”

You see this phrase "carry them along?",
Therein lies the soul of corruption, political hooliganism and Zombeism.
The politician who 'carries them along' is top of the corruption chain with strategic tentacles spread across to 'mobilizers' who have sub-units of people 'carried along' that are willing to kill and sell their own mothers when they are 'carried along' or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki- Oshiomhole Hates Me Because I Refused To Hand Over “the Treasury” To Hi by Citytrend: 1:49pm On Feb 05, 2020
Oga we already know know
Re: Obaseki- Oshiomhole Hates Me Because I Refused To Hand Over “the Treasury” To Hi by Judeerons32: 1:50pm On Feb 05, 2020
Obaseki can say all he wants there is freedom of speech. But one thing remains there will be primaries and there will be contestants. He should get ready for a democratic contest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki- Oshiomhole Hates Me Because I Refused To Hand Over “the Treasury” To Hi by BuhariAdvocate: 1:52pm On Feb 05, 2020
You're just a foolish man . You talking as if your hands clean . You're goner forget your second term.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki- Oshiomhole Hates Me Because I Refused To Hand Over “the Treasury” To Hi by sapientia(m): 2:31pm On Feb 05, 2020
OBASEKI!!! Face ur work.

You and that violent APC chair should leave us out of your family affairs.

Nonsense and ingredients.
Re: Obaseki- Oshiomhole Hates Me Because I Refused To Hand Over “the Treasury” To Hi by PS4shoprite: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2020
Re: Obaseki- Oshiomhole Hates Me Because I Refused To Hand Over “the Treasury” To Hi by Prompto: 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2020
because you refuse to hand over the state treasury like your PA that was caught with $2 million raw cash on your entourage abroad ba ?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki- Oshiomhole Hates Me Because I Refused To Hand Over “the Treasury” To Hi by blacknp(m): 8:29pm On Feb 05, 2020
aremuforlife:
Is this guy for real, this is just a cheap propaganda.
Can he provide any proof to buttress his allegation?
Obaseki Mumu, who are you without oshiomole, Useless ungrateful Puppet, enjoy your 15 minutes of Fame, Akinwunmi Ambode was worse, where is he today, APC Abuja (Headquarters) is waiting for Mr Governor, maybe he will conduct the APC primaries by himself? Like Confucius said, you really get to know a persons true nature, when authority (power) has been vested in them.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court / IPOB Breaking News Today, February 14th, 2020 / BREAKING: Kano Assembly Is On Fire Over Attempt To Dethrone Emir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.