Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,196 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

WATCH: Democrats Refuse To Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / WATCH: Democrats Refuse To Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship (651 Views)

Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? / Mpho Phalatse: First-Ever Female Mayor Of Johannesburg Is Young, Black & Sexy / Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WATCH: Democrats Refuse To Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
WATCH: Democrats Refuse To Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship
By Ryan Saavedra
DailyWire.com

Numerous Democrats appeared to not celebrate a fourth-grade black girl who received a scholarship on Tuesday night from President Donald Trump during the State of the Union Address.

“The next step forward in building an inclusive society is making sure that every young American gets a great education and the opportunity to achieve the American Dream,” Trump said. “Yet, for too long, countless American children have been trapped in failing government schools. To rescue these students, 18 States have created school choice in the form of Opportunity Scholarships.”

“The programmes are so popular, that tens of thousands of students remain on waiting lists,” Trump continued. “One of those students is Janiyah Davis, a fourth grader from Philadelphia. Janiyah’s mom Stephanie is a single parent. She would do anything to give her daughter a better future. But last year, that future was put further out of reach when Pennsylvania’s Governor vetoed legislation to expand school choice for 50,000 children.”

Republican National Committee (RNC) Rapid Response Director Steve Guest noticed that many Democrats did not celebrate the touching moment.

“Another stunning but unsurprising moment from Democrats during the #SOTU,” Guest said in a tweet. “Democrats remain seated as President Trump awards an ‘opportunity scholarship’ to 4th grader.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVfizN7iVOw

“Janiyah and Stephanie are in the gallery this evening,” Trump continued. “But there is more to their story. Janiyah, I am pleased to inform you that your long wait is over. I can proudly announce tonight that an Opportunity Scholarship has become available, it is going to you, and you will soon be heading to the school of your choice!”

“Now, I call on the Congress to give 1 million American children the same opportunity Janiyah has just received,” Trump continued. “Pass the Education Freedom Scholarships and Opportunity Act — because no parent should be forced to send their child to a failing government school.”

“Every young person should have a safe and secure environment in which to learn and grow,” Trump continued. “For this reason, our magnificent First Lady has launched the ‘Be Best’ initiative — to advance a safe, healthy, supportive, and drug-free life for the next generation, online, in school, and in our communities. Thank you, Melania, for your extraordinary love and profound care for America’s children.”

“My Administration is determined to give our citizens the opportunities they need regardless of age or background,” Trump continued. “Through our Pledge to American Workers, over 400 companies will also provide new jobs and education opportunities to almost 15 million Americans.”

“My Budget also contains an exciting vision for our Nation’s high schools,” Trump continued. “Tonight, I ask the Congress to support our students and back my plan to offer vocational and technical education in every single high school in America.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-democrats-refuse-to-applaud-young-black-girl-who-receives-scholarship

Re: WATCH: Democrats Refuse To Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship by Bluntguy: 3:54pm On Feb 05, 2020
Those stupid democrats led by that stockfish called Nancy Pelosi never see anything good in Mr. Trump. Trump has just defeated them again. Well-done Mr. President. How I wish Trump is a Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: WATCH: Democrats Refuse To Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship by atiku4President(m): 3:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
Bluntguy:
Those stupid democrats led by that stockfish called Nancy Pelosi never see anything good in Mr. Trump. Trump has just defeated them again. Well-done Mr. President. How I wish Trump is a Nigerian.
Hahaha you dey wicked o
Re: WATCH: Democrats Refuse To Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2020
Bluntguy:

Trump is really fighting for the benefit of all Americans.
Re: WATCH: Democrats Refuse To Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On Feb 05, 2020
atiku4President:

Hahaha you dey wicked o

We have no choice but to pray for our President. cool
Re: WATCH: Democrats Refuse To Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship by Cletus77(m): 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hahahaha, Democrats and Republican which party has the highest number of black people?

Trump dey USA, one Ola dey here dey carry am for head grin

Anything to sell Trump, but you'll not vote, is that not a waste of energy? grin

1 Like

Re: WATCH: Democrats Refuse To Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship by panafrican(m): 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
They ( The Democrats) are your people right? What changed ?
Re: WATCH: Democrats Refuse To Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:50pm On Feb 05, 2020
Cletus77:

Hahahaha, Democrats and Republican which party has the highest number of black people?

Anything to sell Trump, but you'll not vote, is that not a waste of energy? grin

You have to be broadminded because everything is not just black and white. cool
Re: WATCH: Democrats Refuse To Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:51pm On Feb 05, 2020
panafrican:

They ( The Democrats) are your people right? What changed ?

I hope you are aware that this section is for foreign affairs. undecided
Re: WATCH: Democrats Refuse To Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship by Hyperchi(m): 9:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
Cletus77:

the Dem has more black vote, but their policy kill more black ppl (Abortion)

3 Likes

Re: WATCH: Democrats Refuse To Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
Hyperchi:

the Dem has more black vote, but their policy kill more black ppl (Abortion)

Correct answer. cheesy

Re: WATCH: Democrats Refuse To Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:16am On Aug 05, 2020
That's why they are called the No Clue Klan.

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus Deals 'powerful Blow' To Putin's Grand Plans / Stop Listening To Fake News Cnn / See What Happened After 21 Protesters Were Arrested In Thailand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.