Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,329 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Governor Akeredolu Seeks For Legalisation Of Marijuana As he meets Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Akeredolu Seeks For Legalisation Of Marijuana As he meets Buhari (509 Views)

Babagana Kingibe (Abiola's Vice In 1993) Gets Emotional As He Meets Tinubu / Tinubu Meets Buhari Over Ambode’s Reelection Controversy / President Macron Meets Buhari In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Akeredolu Seeks For Legalisation Of Marijuana As he meets Buhari by OndoTrends: 5:28pm On Feb 05, 2020
THE flyover built by the Ondo State Government across the Benin-Ore Expressway at Ore and the Ondo Linyi Industrial Hub are to be inaugurated by President Muhammadu Buhari, Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu said on Monday.

He was at the State House, Abuja, to invite the President.

Speaking with reporters, the governor said: “I came to Mr. President for a specific issue, which is to invite Mr. President to Ondo State for the inauguration of our intersection.

“As you all know, I’ll be three years in office on the 24th of this month and the activities lined up to mark our third year in office include having to inaugurate a number of our projects that have been completed. That’s why I’ve come to personally invite him to inaugurate our flyover in Ore.”

On the insinuations that he wants to ride on the back of the Operation Amotekun issue to secure a second term, the governor said he has done enough for the people of Ondo State, hence he does not need the Amotekun popularity to be re-elected.

He said: “On the forthcoming election, you need to go to Ondo; I know that we have done more than enough. We are in the heart of the people of Ondo State, we don’t need Amotekun to be in the hearts of the people. You need to go there, by the grace of God, not our calling but for what God has enabled us to do in Ondo State is there for you to see.”

The governor also took the opportunity to renew his earlier calls for the legalisation of the farming of marijuana, which he said has a lot of economic and health values to the society.

“It’s not because I take it; I take CBD, that’s the oil, for medical purposes. I am convinced about the use to which we can put marijuana.

“I know of the fact because we had to bring in experts, who have gone round and believe that the strain of marijuana that we grow in Ogbese in Ondo State is the best in the world. So, if you have that then a government must find a way to put it into good use.

“Our own is that the pathway to growing marijuana for medical reasons, not for anybody to smoke,” the governor said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/akeredolu-makes-case-for-marijuana/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Governor Akeredolu Seeks For Legalisation Of Marijuana As he meets Buhari by oyewoleolu(m): 5:31pm On Feb 05, 2020
ok
Re: Governor Akeredolu Seeks For Legalisation Of Marijuana As he meets Buhari by budaatum: 5:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
Please, please, I beg you please!
Let farmers grow money on the dope heads!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABc8ciT5QLs

Warning!
Smoking marijuana will mess with your head!
Re: Governor Akeredolu Seeks For Legalisation Of Marijuana As he meets Buhari by olajizz01(m): 5:40pm On Feb 05, 2020
Aketi,he try his best in this first term regime,but no one can tell, what will happen in his second term if given to him by the people.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Seeks For Legalisation Of Marijuana As he meets Buhari by Colorado1(m): 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
Good development

A step in the right direction

Next is legalization of Colorado
Re: Governor Akeredolu Seeks For Legalisation Of Marijuana As he meets Buhari by Jakumo(m): 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2020
Governor Akeredolu is a modern day visionary gifted with a formidable business acumen, that enables His Excellency to appreciate the enormous potential of Ondo State and many other areas of Nigeria that are IDEALLY suited for the cultivation of potent medicinal-grade marijuana. This wisdom has inspired the good governor to seek FEDERAL approval for a full legalization of cannabis for medical and commercial exploitation on an industrial scale.

The ball is now in the court of His Excellency President Buhari, to lift his legislative pen, and affix his weighty signature to a new FEDERAL bill that will decriminalize and LEGALIZE the cultivation, sale and consumption of cannabis in this good year of 2020. Let our good president see the future with 2020 vision, and allow the MILLIONS of secret stoners in Nigeria to FINALLY be free from that terrible stigma of illegality that has for too long been associated with the consumption of marijuana.

Most importantly of all, the legalization of cannabis will allow ALL citizens to grow their own supply ORGANICALLY, and with NO chemical fertilizers or toxic pesticides used during its cultivation, as is the case currently while the growing of weed is left to unscrupulous criminal gangs who care not how many poisons are used during the cultivation phase of their crop.

Weed is super easy to grow in a home garden, and a single cannabis plant, grown from QUALITY seeds such a those sold in Spain, and fertilized with good natural soil additives like chicken manure, can yield an easy half-pound of high potency dried buds that will last a connoisseur a year or more, when vacuum packed right after harvest. Youtube features dozens of cannabis cultivation guides that are superb tutorials for first time growers, so all Nigeria needs is for cannabis to be made legal, whereby the criminal gangs currently growing the product with bad chemicals, can be put out of business forever.

From an economic standpoint, marijuana cultivation could rapidly grow to become Nigeria's most lucrative cash crop, within the space of 5 years following legalization. Legalize it El Presidente, and let Nigeria join the global green revolution.

Here is a video showing for the first time a Nigerian illegal weed farm, and many stoners will no doubt be horrified to learn from this video that weed growers in Nigeria pour the deadly poison SNIPER, around the roots of their plants to repel root-eating termites, thereby contaminating the entire plant with a seriously dangerous poison, all in the name of profit. Legalize it and let every stoner grow their own supply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOIADmbyRoM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Seeks For Legalisation Of Marijuana As he meets Buhari by gozie112(m): 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2020
R
Re: Governor Akeredolu Seeks For Legalisation Of Marijuana As he meets Buhari by illicit(m): 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
He should build more psychiatric hospitals first and boost food production
Re: Governor Akeredolu Seeks For Legalisation Of Marijuana As he meets Buhari by kellight(m): 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2020
One bottle of coronavirus beer for him grin grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Seeks For Legalisation Of Marijuana As he meets Buhari by Jakumo(m): 6:30pm On Feb 05, 2020
illicit:
He should build more psychiatric hospitals first and boost food production

If you know that weed boosts appetite, then you are probably high right now, and smoking a fat joint as you type.

Not to worry, you will NOT run mad from weed, but such a promise cannot be made with alcohol, which IS perfectly legal to consume in most of Nigeria outside the Jihad states.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Seeks For Legalisation Of Marijuana As he meets Buhari by illicit(m): 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2020
Jakumo:

If you know that weed boosts appetite, then you are probably high right now, and smoking a fat joint as you type.

Not to worry, you will NOT run mad from weed, but such a promise cannot be made with alcohol, which IS perfectly legal to consume in most of Nigeria outside the Jihad states.
Last time I smoked was 6 hours ago

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Seeks For Legalisation Of Marijuana As he meets Buhari by Jakumo(m): 8:14pm On Feb 05, 2020
illicit:

Last time I smoked was 6 hours ago

I hail you my broda.

Papa God nogo let you fall down for on top toto. Amen.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Uzodinma Approves The Immediate Implementation Of #30,000 Minimum Wage / Ogonis Take To Social Media To Celebrate Joi Nunieh’s Ouster / Obasanjo Reacts To Emir Sanusi's Dethronement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.