Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,711 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Trump Attacks Republican Lawmaker Who Supported His Impeachment - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Attacks Republican Lawmaker Who Supported His Impeachment (314 Views)

Donald Trump Attacks Biden, Says Deal To Return Brittney Griner To US Was Stupid / Why Donald Trump’s Main Challenger Did Not Vote For His Impeachment / Donald Trump's First Reaction To His Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Attacks Republican Lawmaker Who Supported His Impeachment by Kingsean(m): 9:48am On Feb 06, 2020
Though President Trump was acquitted of his impeachment charges at the Senate, he did not get the full support of his party
- Senator Mitt Romney voted in support of Trump's impeachment during the Senate's trial
- Reacting, Trump attacked Romney saying he could have won the 2012 presidential election if he had applied the same energy he devoted to impeaching him
The president of the United States, President Donald Trump, has attacked Senator Mitt Romney for voting in support of his impeachment during the Senate's trial on Wednesday, February 5.
Despite belonging to Trump's party, the Republican party, Senator Romney voted to convict the US president on the impeachment charges filed against him.
With his action, Romney has emerged the first senator in the history of the US to vote to convict a president from his own party.
President Trump, apparently angry with the development, attacked Romney saying the senator could have defeated former President Obama if he had devoted the same energy he applied to vote against him when he contested the US presidency in 2012.
Trump attacks Republican lawmaker, Mitt Romney, for voting in support of his impeachment
Romney was the Republican presidential candidate in 2012.
Trump tweeted: "Had failed presidential candidate @MittRomney devoted the same energy and anger to defeating a faltering Barack Obama as he sanctimoniously does to me, he could have won the election. Read the Transcripts!"
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Had failed presidential candidate @
MittRomney devoted the same energy and anger to defeating a faltering Barack Obama as he sanctimoniously does to me, he could have won the election. Read the Transcripts!
53.7K6:22 AM - Feb 6, 2020 Twitter Ads info and privacy
22.1K people are talking about this
Heated reactions have greeted the US president's statement on Twitter:
Angela Belcamino said: "Americans read the transcripts* and the majority supported the impeachment of Donald Trump. I stood with impeachment!"
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump ·
3h
Had failed presidential candidate @MittRomney devoted the same energy and anger to defeating a faltering Barack Obama as he sanctimoniously does to me, he could have won the election. Read the Transcripts!
Angela Belcamino @AngelaBelcamino
Americans read the transcripts* and the majority supported the impeachment of Donald Trump.
I stood with impeachment!
Did you?
2,0556:25 AM - Feb 6, 2020 Twitter Ads info and privacy
278 people are talking about this
Helen Aavik tweeted: "True. Romney laid down and lost the 2012 election. It was baffling.
Now he has purposely adopted the grossly flawed Schiff arguments & ignoried established facts and legal precedent.
He's either the smallest, most petty and pinched loser or someone is driving him.
Eh, whatevs."
3h
Had failed presidential candidate @MittRomney devoted the same energy and anger to defeating a faltering Barack Obama as he sanctimoniously does to me, he could have won the election. Read the Transcripts!
viking - Text TRUMP to 88022 @helen_aavik
True. Romney laid down and lost the 2012 election. It was baffling.
Now he has purposely adopted the grossly flawed Schiff arguments & ignoried established facts and legal precedent.
He's either the smallest, most petty and pinched loser or someone is driving him.
Eh, whatevs.
276:40 AM - Feb 6, 2020 Twitter Ads info and privacy
19 people are talking about this
Mary S Wood tweeted: "We all believed in Mitt and he betrayed the very people that once believed and supported in him. He is a Benedict Arnold."
3h
Mary S Wood @MarySchadeWood
We all believed in Mitt and he betrayed the very people that once believed and supported in him. He is a Benedict Arnold.
576:25 AM - Feb 6, 2020 Twitter Ads info and privacy
46 people are talking about this
Christopher Johnson said: "And we knew Trump would be relentless on Romney. This is exactly why the GOP is terrified of Trump. Romney has balls of steel! @MittRomney, well over half this nation applauds you sir! Hell of a man to stand up against the corrupt crime family."
3h
Christopher Johnson @Christo41978344
And we knew Trump would be relentless on Romney. This is exactly why the GOP is terrified of Trump. Romney has balls of steel! @
MittRomney , well over half this nation applauds you sir! Hell of a man to stand up against the corrupt crime family.
3506:28 AM - Feb 6, 2020 Twitter Ads info and privacy
44 people are talking about this
Meanwhile, President Trump has also announced that he will be making a public statement in reaction to his victory at the Senate.
He said: "I will be making a public statement tomorrow at 12:00pm from the @WhiteHouse to discuss our Country’s VICTORY on the Impeachment Hoax!"
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
I will be making a public statement tomorrow at 12:00pm from the @
WhiteHouse to discuss our Country’s VICTORY on the Impeachment Hoax!
244K11:07 PM - Feb 5, 2020 Twitter Ads info and privacy
108K people are talking about this

https://www.legit.ng/1299783-trump-attacks-republican-lawmaker-voted-support-impeachment.html

Re: Trump Attacks Republican Lawmaker Who Supported His Impeachment by Mokason28: 9:56am On Feb 06, 2020
grin
Mitt Romney will never get over his jealousy.... At the end truth wins

2 Likes

Re: Trump Attacks Republican Lawmaker Who Supported His Impeachment by Lcf69(m): 10:20am On Feb 06, 2020
Why? Well,this is d babyish traits of His that,swarms trouble with him n other Cilivized minds... Pinned.

1 Like

Re: Trump Attacks Republican Lawmaker Who Supported His Impeachment by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 06, 2020
I just like this man. Sometimes you need to be blunt and tell people to their faces, who actually they are and can't be.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Brazil Appoints "Creation Advocate" / Djibouti And Ethiopia Could Create Thousands Of Jobs / Trump Will Override Biden On This Single Issue, Trump Team Says On Next Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.