Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,073 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

What Happens After Death? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens After Death? (3156 Views)

What Actually Happen After Death? Black Emptiness Or New Dimension Of Life / What Happens After We Die? Near-death-experiences & Reincarnation / The Mystery Surrounding Creation And Life After Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens After Death? by Jamahyel(m): 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2020
I was told just this morning that my landlord whom i saw last saturday is dead. Scares me that this life we are living can expire anytime.
Re: What Happens After Death? by TheSourcerer: 2:55pm On Feb 06, 2020
Jamahyel:
I was told just this morning that my landlord whom i saw last saturday is dead. Scares me that this life we are living can expire anytime.
nothing happens just black , do you remember where you were before you were born?
There you go lad
The brain cannot fathom the idea of colour , feelings emotional or physical pain because these only are funtions of a living brain.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happens After Death? by hakeem4(m): 2:55pm On Feb 06, 2020
Alot of things happen after death, but you do not take part in any of the activities.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens After Death? by Blakjewelry(m): 2:57pm On Feb 06, 2020
More like asking what happens to your phone if your irreplaceable phone battery dies
Re: What Happens After Death? by masterflowx(m): 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
After death...?

goes to fire and I go inside everlasting enjoyment.

Final answer!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Death? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:16pm On Feb 06, 2020
Jamahyel:

That is life for you dearie!
Someone you see 15 mins ago can go anytime!
May God continue to give us long life in good health.
That is all we can pray for.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens After Death? by Obataopue: 3:17pm On Feb 06, 2020
[s]
post=86428660:

That is life for you dearie!
Someone you see 15 mins ago can go anytime!
May God continue to give us long life in good health.
That is all we can pray for.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Death? by tartar9(m): 3:19pm On Feb 06, 2020
Jollof Rice smiley
Re: What Happens After Death? by Righteousness89(m): 3:58pm On Feb 06, 2020
JUDGEMENT
Re: What Happens After Death? by CAPSLOCKED: 5:05pm On Feb 06, 2020

MICHELLEKABOD2 YOU NEED TO SELF-SERVICE MORE FREQUENTLY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T TELL WHICH ONE MAY BE THE LAST.

4 Likes

Re: What Happens After Death? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 06, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

MICHELLEKABOD2 YOU NEED TO SELF-SERVICE MORE FREQUENTLY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T TELL WHICH ONE MAY BE THE LAST.
why self service?am I allergic to di¢ks?

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Death? by TheSourcerer: 5:22pm On Feb 06, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

True
Re: What Happens After Death? by Professorcplus(m): 8:37pm On Feb 06, 2020
grin
Re: What Happens After Death? by shadeyinka(m): 8:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
Blakjewelry:
More like asking what happens to your phone if your irreplaceable phone battery dies
No!
It's more like asking a foetus what happens after he exits the womb.

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Death? by Tamaratonye1(f): 9:27pm On Feb 06, 2020
What happens after death?

All we are is just what is in our brain, and when it dies that means we die. I don't see how all our data that makes up us is somehow transported from a damaged and rotting brain into an alternative reality where we continue to experience ourselves.

All explanations of an afterlife are all based off myths and magic, there is no actual scientific approach to how an afterlife would work. We know that nothing is accredited to magic; there is science behind things like echos, the tides, the sun rising, etc. So why would we believe that there is some magical way of us continuing to live on after death?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happens After Death? by hupernikao: 11:28pm On Feb 06, 2020
Tamaratonye1:
What happens after death?

All we are is just what is in our brain, and when it dies that means we die. I don't see how all our data that makes up us is somehow transported from a damaged and rotting brain into an alternative reality where we continue to experience ourselves.

All explanations of an afterlife are all based off myths and magic, there is no actual scientific approach to how an afterlife would work. We know that nothing is accredited to magic; there is science behind things like echos, the tides, the sun rising, etc. So why would we believe that there is some magical way of us continuing to live on after death?

It's so funny and sorry, that when science couldn't prove a thing, it then means it doesn't exist.

See, you can't box all things within the geometry of science.

In all, It seems atheism at the end is not actually about questioning things to know but about concluding and judging all things in the court science. Sadly, that is what limits its research.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Death? by hupernikao: 11:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
TheSourcerer:
nothing happens just black , do you remember where you were before you were born?
There you go lad

JUST BLACK is not "nothing". At least with the science that you trust, just black can't be nothing. Or what do you think? �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Death? by aadoiza: 11:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
shadeyinka:

No!
It's more like asking a foetus what happens after he exits the womb.
Forget these people. He doesn't know difference between a natural and artificial processes now, but if you ask him why robots never evolve on their own? That's when he will remember supernatural and super-artificial nonsense.

Great analogy, though.
Re: What Happens After Death? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 11:35pm On Feb 06, 2020
Says who?

hakeem4:
Alot of things happen after death, but you do not take part in any of the activities.

Re: What Happens After Death? by 1Sharon(f): 3:12am On Feb 07, 2020
NOBODY knows what happens.

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Death? by Nobody: 4:06am On Feb 07, 2020
I honestly expect death everyday...It is not death that worries me....it is if I do be worthy to be in the present of God.I know what it feels like to be in his presence....It is joy unspeakable..so much joy and unexplainable love ...love so deep that I think most religious organization should be preaching about that love rather than the threat of going to hell.Life is just a temporary place.

4 Likes

Re: What Happens After Death? by Tamaratonye1(f): 7:02am On Feb 07, 2020
hupernikao:

It's so funny and sorry, that when science couldn't prove a thing, it then means it doesn't exist.

See, you can't box all things within the geometry of science.

In all, It seems atheism at the end is not actually about questioning things to know but about concluding and judging all things in the court science. Sadly, that is what limits its research.
Science is a methodology, and it has proven to be the most reliable method in examining and explaining observable and testable phenomenon.

Science is not capable of examining woo woo such as the god claim.

I propose that it is not the fault or shortcoming of science, but rather the bullshit surrounding the god claim.

Question hupernikao: can you propose a better method in actually examining the god claim and arriving at real truth?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens After Death? by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 07, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Science is a methodology, and it has proven to be the most reliable method in examining and explaining observable and testable phenomenon.

I propose that it is not the fault or shortcoming of science, but rather the bullshit surrounding the god claim.

Question hupernikao: can you propose a better method in actually examining the god claim and arriving at real truth?

Hahahaha dear

Science is limited,.

Can you give me proofs that you dream at night

Can you tell me the location of your mind,, in your brain.

When you remember someone face,. When does the image appears in your brain ??

Science can not work with Spiritual realm

You are just plain ignorant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Death? by hupernikao: 9:35am On Feb 07, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Hello, Trust you are good.

Nice response, which also affirmed what i posted earlier but firstly, this discussion wasnt about God, dont dragged such in. The premise of our discussion isnt about God but life after death and you claimed your theory that there is nothing after death is based on science.

Now examine your response.

YOU WROTE: Science is a methodology, and it has proven to be the most reliable method in examining and explaining observable and testable phenomenon.

You used words: examining, observable, testable. Surely, this is the foundation of science. And such a brilliant foundation has birthed many inventions and solutions for mankind. It is important you know that science is as old as mankind and not a recent phenomenon banded by hatred for other non scientific opinion.

Now, know why i told you that science in itself is limited because of the reason you stated above ( it prides in human observable, testable results), that is confined not just in the knowledge of our natural senses but in the KNOWN/EXISTING KNOWLEDGE (observable, testable) OF OUR NATURAL SENSES. I hope you can observe the key difference in the two.

Now, can you answer these for me!

1. Has science, as a methodology of observation, done/completed all its observation/research? I mean has science found out all that we have in this world or still researching?

2. Does it always mean that, when it is not scientifically proven to exist, then it doesn't exist? bearing in mind myriad of discoveries that the limitation of the tools of science once couldn't registered/affirmed or known but now known/accepted over time by the same science based on further studies/

3. How stable has science and its theories be over the history of mankind, are there scientific theories that ruled for centuries but later became discarded by the same science as incomplete? If yes. To what extent can you trust our current observations/research to remain true, final, and same in centuries to come?

YOU WROTE: I propose that it is not the fault or shortcoming of science, but rather the bullshit surrounding the god claim.

When this your proposal becomes a law/fact or scientifically proven (as you say), then we can gist on this smiley smiley Keep this for now.
Re: What Happens After Death? by LordReed(m): 11:10am On Feb 07, 2020
I am quite comfortable with I don't know. I dont know what happens after death like I don't know what was before I was conceived.

6 Likes

Re: What Happens After Death? by TheSourcerer: 2:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
hupernikao:

JUST BLACK is not "nothing". At least with the science that you trust, just black can't be nothing. Or what do you think? �
our brains cannot comprehend colours so black/dark is best describing the event death
Just as animals die so do we , it's just dark nothiness
Re: What Happens After Death? by Professorcplus(m): 2:33pm On Feb 07, 2020
Hello, trust you are good
[quote author=hupernikao post=86447822]

Now, can you answer these for me!

1. Has science, as a methodology of observation, done/completed all its observation/research? I mean has science found out all that we have in this world or still researching?
Science researchers undergo the stages of hypothesis, experiment to back up their theory until the experiment prove it true before it finally becomes theory that will further be improved upon. Which is why scientists continue to do more research on the existing works of another for better result.

2. Does it always mean that, when it is not scientifically proven to exist, then it doesn't exist? bearing in mind myriad of discoveries that the limitation of the tools of science once couldn't registered/affirmed or known but now known/accepted over time by the same science based on further studies/
No. Nothing of such. In as much religionist doesn't know what and why the cause of event and why it's happening that way, they conclude since when we don't know, then someone supreme did it and should be left that way. But science said we don't know the cause, but let try figure it out if we could get explanation.
Science is not an entity. It's simply our best explanation for how the world works. Simple as that.

3. How stable has science and its theories be over the history of mankind, are there scientific theories that ruled for centuries but later became discarded by the same science as incomplete? If yes. To what extent can you trust our current observations/research to remain true, final, and same in centuries to come?

Science is not perfect. It's an ever-tightening spiral that gets us closer and closer to understanding the world we live in.

Which means that our ideas start off clumsy and then become more and more refined as we get learn more and get closer to a better understanding.

The fact that science disregards old ideas or attempts and offers new ones is not a weakness; it's its strength. Because -- unlike some other bodies of "knowledge" we could name -- science has no qualms about changing its position based on new data.

Prior to the scientific method of learning and testing, life was exponentially harder and more confusing: Why did my cow die? Why is the earth shaking? What are those lights in the sky? Why did my wife give birth to a dead child?
Science is the process by which we found the correct answers to those questions. And, while it's not perfect, it's provides us with the best tools for the job that we've ever had.

When this your proposal becomes a law/fact or scientifically proven (as you say), then we can gist on this smiley smiley Keep this for now.
Lol. Had it not been for science, the earth would have still been flat: We would have had to put an iron fence around the edges to prevent us from falling off. grin

Had it not been for science, the sun would still be orbiting the earth: The sun would still be going down into the sea at nights to cool off so it could get a fresh start the next morning.

Had it not been for science, the moon would still have its own light; and would not have to sell its light to the sun.
Had it not been for science, unicorns, talking snakes, and talking donkeys would be our favorite pets: Dogs and cats would have to quickly learn how to speak if they wanted to remain our favorite pets.

I could go on forever, but I am positive that you get the idea by now. Atleat science

So let me ask you a question. Science has significantly contributed answers better than religionist to the mystery of the universe we live? True/False.

Still coming back to @op question this by the way.
Re: What Happens After Death? by Professorcplus(m): 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2020
Jamahyel:
Reminds me of my famous Nairalander and I quote Joseph 1013

Is there life after death? I don’t know

Is there a judgment after death? I don’t know

Is there a god? I don’t know

Is there heaven or hell? I don’t know!

I don’t know if these things are true but more importantly NO MAN KNOWS!

How do I know they don’t know? They don’t possess faculties I do not, they don’t have senses I don’t, they fear what I fear; They run from what I run from…. They are faced with the same limitations like me, they are not imbued with the power of astral travel……

ALL THE POSTURING BY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE IS JUST WHAT IT IS... MERE POSTURING!!!

When your pastor tells you "God told me" It is a big, obese and gigantic lie...He didn't hear nothing from God![/color]

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Death? by hupernikao: 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2020
TheSourcerer:
our brains cannot comprehend colours so black/dark is best describing the event death
Just as animals die so do we , it's just dark nothiness
Dark/darkness is not nothing. Darkness is an entity, nothing is not.

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Death? by Tamaratonye1(f): 4:17pm On Feb 07, 2020
hupernikao:

Of course not. The more we learn, the more we learn we have a lot more to learn. For example, Perlmutter did his study to determine the expansion rate of the universe. The results were the complete opposite of what was expected, that the universe was accelerating in it's expansion.That result lead to the dark energy hypothesis, basically a completely new field of research.

hupernikao:
2. Does it always mean that, when it is not scientifically proven to exist, then it doesn't exist? bearing in mind myriad of discoveries that the limitation of the tools of science once couldn't registered/affirmed or known but now known/accepted over time by the same science based on further studies
For science, you need something to study, to examine, to measure. One can not do that with an imaginary friend (with the exception of psychology and how the brain works).

hupernikao:

The more we learn, the more we learn we have more to learn. Science is not static, and a scientific theory may be overturned at any moment. For example, the ancient Greeks postulated on the nature of gravity. Later on, such scientists as Galileo added to the learning on what gravity is. Newton finally offered an explanation on the effects of gravity, and Einstein finally explained how it worked. But the discovery of dark energy and dark matter may require another Einstein, one who can come up with a new way of understanding the universe.

But science offers the best explanation at that time, based on our knowledge base.

hupernikao:
"YOU WROTE: I propose that it is not the fault or shortcoming of science, but rather the bullshit surrounding the god claim.

When this your proposal becomes a law/fact or scientifically proven (as you say), then we can gist on this. Keep this for now."
NO

Theists have made the god claim, it is incumbent on them to prove their imaginary friend.
Re: What Happens After Death? by hupernikao: 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2020
Professorcplus:
Hello, trust you are good

I asked: Has science, as a methodology of observation, done/completed all its observation/research?
Your response (paraphrased):
...Which is why scientists continue to do more research on the existing works of another for better result.

I asked: Does it always mean that, when it is not scientifically proven to exist, then it doesn't exist?
No. Nothing of such. Science is not an entity. It's simply our best explanation for how the world works. Simple as that.

I asked: How stable has science and its theories be over the history of mankind
Science is not perfect. Which means that our ideas start off clumsy and then become more and more refined as we get learn more and get closer to a better understanding. Science is the process by which we found the correct answers to those questions. And, while it's not perfect, it's provides us with the best tools for the job that we've ever had.

All your response above affirmed the fact that science is good and has helped humanity but not perfect. Imperfection will implies, it is fallible and can be revised.

Science simply cant boast of knowing all about how the world functions and all entity that functions around it. But it seems atheist know all. If science claimed not to be perfect and still continuously depends on tools exposed to it to make more research, i asked you earlier, HAS SCIENCE DONE WITH RESEARCHING? Of course not. metaphysics, teleportation etc are all scientific work trying to find answers more and more. If there are minute success in matter transfer (teleport) dont you think science still have a long way to go in discovering the essence of this earth and even man itself?

When you arent done researching, you dont make conclusions. It will be a scientific folly to make conclusion that something doesnt exist when you arent done researching. Non existence is relative to understanding not fact.

See, science today is still in its embryo, developing gradually, we are yet to see the full power of science and may never see it in our time. That seems good but also that is the limitation of science. Hence, you have no ground on concluding the non existence of God using scientific tools which prides in the journey of time. Let science continue its researching, its answers are far embedded in the centuries of events ahead of us.

You asked
Science has significantly contributed answers better than religionist to the mystery of the universe we live? True/False.

I believe when you say religion you mean Christianity, because that is what i profess and i can speak of.

See, it is lack of proper understanding of the scriptures or understanding of things to be putting Christianity and Science in the same context. This fallacy is due to the way many have misinterpreted the scriptures, using it as a solution for all things. The Bible doesn't have the same view as science.

There is a singular message in the bible and that is Man's salvation in Christ Jesus. It is not a book to argue or dis-argue science, or a book of creation (though it contained creation story), it is not a book for everything. Where many miss it, including you is trying to see the bible fighting or standing to contradict science. That will be an error, Like i told you before, science is still very young and would lack the standing to fully comprehend the essence of the scriptures.

The Bible is a book to show man's true condition, salvation in Christ alone. No other story, no other essence, no other light. Hence you should seek biblical explanation as an entity in its context of its right interpretation.
Re: What Happens After Death? by Tamaratonye1(f): 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2020
ElidaxZiel:

Hahahaha dear

Science is limited,.

Can you give me proofs that you dream at night

Can you tell me the location of your mind,, in your brain.

When you remember someone face,. When does the image appears in your brain ??

Science can not work with Spiritual realm

[1] Please define "mind".
[2] Please supply your best evidence for a "spiritual realm". Not just a repeat of your factless bluster.
[3] There is no reason to assume existence without evidence. You do not get to imagine possibilities into existence.

The attached video is obviously very dated. The Professor discusses the similarities of Jesus Christ, Hare Krishna and Ahuro Mazda/Zooroster. The immaculate conception, good versus evil spirits...etc. The video is 12 minutes long and straightforward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7_DsBoTQ-Y

ElidaxZiel:
You are just plain ignorant
That almost did make me laugh out loud....well I tried, I just couldn't help but be disdainfully amused at your complete Muppetness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The People Of Arondizuogu Report Prophet Odumeje To Their Deity (arusi) (VIDEO / Shiloh 2010 Is Here / Lady Without Both Hands And Legs Leading Worship In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.