Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections (30654 Views)

FG Sets Dates For Completion Of Lagos-Ibadan, Abuja-Kano Expressway / INEC Sets Date For Supplementary Elections In Six States / Date For Osun Supplementary Election: INEC Sets September 27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by YoungLionken(m): 4:38pm On Feb 06, 2020
achymmania:
is he really saying no to godfatherism or is he establishing himself as a godfather who doesn’t take orders.

We will see about that later,but for the now,no...
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 06, 2020
Enough time and space for their normal mago mago
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by zukky79: 4:47pm On Feb 06, 2020
F
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by spirul77: 4:49pm On Feb 06, 2020
[quote author=YoungLionken post=86430699]
haha, double standard, no to Godfatherism but he allowed the godfather to bring him to power.

1 Like

Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by tinsel: 4:50pm On Feb 06, 2020
akaahs:
my wedding date for edo.
Better change.
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:52pm On Feb 06, 2020
Why can't INEC conduct the elections in the two states the same day? Is the elections in Ondo and Edo states bigger than national election?

2 Likes

Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by metroid(m): 5:02pm On Feb 06, 2020

Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Kwamecron(m): 5:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
Naso

Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Inferno001(m): 5:08pm On Feb 06, 2020
Obaseki might have gone about it the wrong way but he has support from people in Edo state. Oshiomole has been a big liability to the state.. Thuggery, violence and bad performance was the order of the day under his rule..godfatherism doesn't let elected people work...remember what was done to ambode?? Let oshiomole mind his job as the national chairman of His party and let obaseki run his own state...

1 Like

Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by BigboysZ(m): 5:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
Citytrend:
Sorry please do we have Electoral system?

Because I'm not sure if there's any difference between politicians and INEC. Please correct me if there is
Absolutely not.
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Merciful77: 5:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
Goodluck to Edo state
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Charly68: 5:17pm On Feb 06, 2020
The battle will hot up now
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by akaahs(m): 5:28pm On Feb 06, 2020
tinsel:

Better change.
y na, me wey dey kd. no need
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by toogbasky(m): 5:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
achymmania:
is he really saying no to godfatherism or is he establishing himself as a godfather who doesn’t take orders.
you are one of the few sensible ones,, all this Ipob would be talking rubbish,, It is the duty of the National chairman to conduct party primaries,,, that doesn’t make him godfather
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by toogbasky(m): 5:47pm On Feb 06, 2020
Inferno001:
Obaseki might have gone about it the wrong way but he has support from people in Edo state. Oshiomole has been a big liability to the state.. Thuggery, violence and bad performance was the order of the day under his rule..godfatherism doesn't let elected people work...remember what was done to ambode?? Let oshiomole mind his job as the national chairman of His party and let obaseki run his own state...
And one of his job is to conduct party primaries;; no automatic ticket, deal with it

1 Like

Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Inferno001(m): 5:54pm On Feb 06, 2020
toogbasky:
And one of his job is to conduct party primaries;; no automatic ticket, deal with it
...is obaseki my dad? Lol!!! Deal with what na? I'm just saying godfatherism isn't a good thing when they don't let The governors work with free hands...was he disturbed like this when he was governor? So please its nothing personal.. Just airing my opinion..you can be calm now..lol

2 Likes

Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Indispensable85(m): 5:56pm On Feb 06, 2020
Oshiomhole will sit with his NWC members and draw up a time table for the sales/submission of nomination forms and date for the primaries.Obaseki will come and buy nomination form from the suspended national chairman. There after submit it to the suspended national chairman then wait for the delegates that will be sent by the suspended national chairman to conduct the primaries in Edo.Thereafter,the name of the winner will be submitted to the suspended national chairman by the delegates for onward transmission to INEC by the suspended national chairman... Hahahahahahaha.......lol... .After this primaries obaseki will know what's called politics.

5 Likes

Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Pointofcontact1: 5:56pm On Feb 06, 2020
Do they still want to waste time n energy conducting those shambles they call election in this Nigeria? I suggest they should just meet Tanko to choose the Governor of the states in question...

1 Like

Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by toogbasky(m): 6:00pm On Feb 06, 2020
Inferno001:
...is obaseki my dad? Lol!!! Deal with what na? I'm just saying godfatherism isn't a good thing when they don't let The governors work with free hands...was he disturbed like this when he was governor? So please its nothing personal.. Just airing my opinion..you can be calm now..lol
lol, I’m calm, Oshiomole does not stay in Benin,, he isn’t disturbing governance,, Obaseki is using the fight to distract the people from the obvious(no work has been done in Edo state for four year)

3 Likes

Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by tunjilee003: 6:44pm On Feb 06, 2020
Citytrend:
Sorry please do we have Electoral system?

Because I'm not sure if there's any difference between politicians and INEC. Please correct me if there is
the difference there is the former is accountable to the masses while the latter is accountable to the polithiefcians....
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Inferno001(m): 6:48pm On Feb 06, 2020
toogbasky:
lol, I’m calm, Oshiomole does not stay in Benin,, he isn’t disturbing governance,, Obaseki is using the fight to distract the people from the obvious(no work has been done in Edo state for four year)
....that's so sad....I'm an Edo boy but I don't stay in Edo..just reports from family members over there...if he isn't working, he should be removed by being voted out or not given a part ticket...just that godfatherism is killing the good and competent candidates from getting opportunities to rule the people

1 Like

Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Mraphel: 7:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
OndoFirstBorn:
Akeredolu till 2025. 4+4 Confirmed!!!

Ondo State is Going Higher!!!

Like if you agree

Akeredolu is gone.
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by hisexcellency34: 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2020
Gone?? What happened to him??

Mraphel:

Akeredolu is gone.
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Trutherme: 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2020
Which Inec? Op, here's a better title: Presidency and APC Set Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Cheato64(m): 7:41pm On Feb 06, 2020
They should pls go straight to supreme court, than wasting ppls time
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Monday60655(m): 8:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
They should simply put it; INEC sets date for Edo and Ondo States governorship "SELECTION".
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Austino50: 8:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
ybalogs:
End of the road for Obaseki and Akeredolu?
Obasiko knows he is a goner, then after Tony Kabaka will take his revenge on him big time
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Mrpojj(m): 9:26pm On Feb 06, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Two “dido” (furking) States in Nigeria, Ondo and Edo. What are they fucking?

I wonder why these two elections can’t be done on the same day.

They need space to rig it
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by golddare: 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2020
hisexcellency34:
The Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) has announced September 19 for the Edo 2020 Governorship election.

It also said the Ondo governorship poll will hold on October 10.

Details shortly…

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-inec-announces-dates-for-ondo-edo-gov-polls/

7 months to go, no wonder Obaseki is vicious now.
Re: INEC Sets Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 07, 2020
Awol1:
Like for Obaseki. Share Oshiomole
None of the above. They're just 2 sides of the same coin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano Arrests & Repatriates 1,500 Almajiris To Neighbouring States, Countries / Photos Of Flood In Ariaria Market (a Line) Aba, Abia State / Photos From The Multiple Suicide Bomb Attacks In Borno State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.