Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,460 members, 7,864,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:33 AM

My Opinion On Anambra Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion On Anambra Politics (187 Views)

How Soludo, Peter Obi, Ifeanyi Ubah, Ekwunife Shaped Anambra Politics In 2023 / Helen Mbakwe: Meet The New Political Role Model In Anambra Politics / Anambra Politics: Man Accused Of Rape In Topmost Contest To Be A Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion On Anambra Politics by Drobi777: 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2020
Recently, comments have been heightened in the media on some political phenomena in Anambra State. I have this to say:

Do not weep for Anambra State, reform it.
If ideology is the criterion for assessing political associations, political parties in Anambra State are hardly distinguishable. The parties willfully offer politicians platforms for ‘’free market” political transactions: easy entry, easy exit, and easy re-entry. The practitioners strive to push political expediencies far above principles. Egocentric behavior dominates the political space.
Each gubernatorial election in Anambra State demonstrates more of the features of a power-game than of a popularity contest: money power, coercive power etc.
The consequence of this phenomenon has been the enthronement of a regime of protracted irreconcilable post-election acrimonies that impact very negatively on the peace and harmony of the State.
A lot of criticisms of the present State administration appear too rash and irrational to be accepted as being done in good faith. Criticisms should serve as constructive engagements, not destructive endeavors. Stakeholders should cooperate with the incumbent Governor to move the State forward. We should not plunge our State into obnoxious self-destructive cynicism. A governor, operating within the law is entitled to his own style of leadership and to his own programmes. What is more important is the stream of achievements and legacies he leaves behind at the end of his tenure, not the mundane brick baths thrown at him by political detractors. One may attempt to take away anything from Governor Willie Obiano but certainly not the legacy of a firm effective security infrastructure that he has installed in Anambra. Security is the most potent and contentious contemporary discourse in Nigeria. Irrespective of party affiliations, NdiAnambra should highly commend and appreciate the Governor for his fore-sight and actions in security matters. The office of the incumbent Governor should be respected and honored by all. The growing trend towards pungent denigration of the office and person of the first citizen of the state in the arena of politics must be broken. Honour should be given to whom honour is due. Even, some of us still living who played significant roles in the creation of Anambra State during the military era and subsequent delineation of senatorial districts in the state have been ignored, as I suspect, because of political party affiliations. We cannot afford to sacrifice the standards of our collective morality at the altar of floundering partisan political interests.
Political parties should support individuals with superior content in character, experience and capacity to win their gubernatorial tickets.
Anambra is a very compact State. Perhaps, Anambra State stakeholders should disregard political party divides, geo-political zone delineations and religious denominations. We ought to go on the prowl to fish out the best-endowed candidate to be supported for governorship in 2021, rather than try to advance primordial interests that may not deliver the best for Anambra.
Every society gets the type of leadership it deserves. Anambra deserves the very best of the best in 2021 because we are the best in several excellent attributes in Nigeria.

May God help us
Elder Dr Obi Anyanyo
Re: My Opinion On Anambra Politics by Banmeallday: 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
Anambra politics is a result of One Nigeria and copying the bad and ugly from others....
Re: My Opinion On Anambra Politics by vastolord4(m): 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
Make I hear say they have their people's interest at heart.. imagine my couz said they added only 3k as minimum wage

(1) (Reply)

Ippis: Save Nscdc And Immigration Service From Monumental Fraud!* / For All Kind Of Instalation, / Monarch Assures CAN Of Cooperation To Sanitize The Church In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.