Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

What Is Repentance In Christianity - Christiangospeltv - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Repentance In Christianity - Christiangospeltv (446 Views)

COVID-19: Bishop Oyedepo Cancels Crossover Night/vigil Service-christiangospeltv / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? / Former Prostitute Marks 3 Months Of Not Having Sex After Her Repentance. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Repentance In Christianity - Christiangospeltv by daveobasi1: 9:26am On Feb 07, 2020
WHAT IS REPENTANCE IN CHRISTIANITY - ChristiangospelTV

If you just gave your Life to Christ Jesus, Welcome to Gods family. The book of John 1: 12 says "To many that received him, he gave them the power to become the sons of God. So you see the moment you confess Jesus as your Lord and Saviour and received him, automatically you are now a member of Gods family. So lets talk about REPENTANCE. Make sure you read this article to the end because i will also be discussing about 4 STAGES OF REPENTANCE. Relax and enjoy.

DEFINITION OF REPENTANCE:

There are many definition of Repentance but it simply means changing from your old ways. Although it is not very easy for you to kill your old self. The book of 2Corinthians 5:17 says "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creation; old things are passed away and old things become very new. Now you have giving you life to Jesus Christ, no doubt you are a new creature your old lifestyle has passed away and everything is now new as if you never did them.

Besides, the main problem is just changing your old self i.e. your old lifestyle. I will say it is very easy to say "I WONT GO BACK TO MY OLD LIFE STYLE" even as you have giving your life to Jesus, you still find it so difficult to let go of some old things you do. The reason you find it difficult is because Sin is a nature that started right from when Adam and Eve were created. The book of Psalm 51:5 says In sin did our mother conceived us. But that does not give you the license to commit sin. The book of romans 6:1 says Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid.

Yes many will say we are not under the law anymore, but grace. But Jesus told paul that my Grace is sufficient. Now that we have known the true definition of been born again. We talk about 4 stages of repentance in my next blog post.

source: https://christiangospeltv..com/2020/02/what-is-repentance-in-christianity.html

(1) (Reply)

A Perfect God. / Jesus Told Me That Onyedepo & others Will Not Make Heaven - 7 Year Old Girl / Ufos Aliens And The Scriptures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.