Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 (7834 Views)

I Have A Title Land In Lagos To Swap For Tokunbo SUV, Lexus Or Benz / Pls Help !! Toyota Camry Fuel Guage Got Stuck / Am In Need Of A Venza Or Acura ZDX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by jacobjamie(m): 9:29pm On Feb 07, 2020
Pls Help,Toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 ,I am thinking of buying Either one of this cars ..am yet to know which I really should get..
. I like class and style ,so is my wife ,buying for madam.
. ,*NOTE* that would be our only car,also we hardly have places to drive around ,so we wont we stressing the car due to both our work place and church is the same street ,like 5 buildings away from my house .and going to the market which is mostly once a week like 30 mins drive .
. I have always loved those 2 cars .driven the GLK couple of times .its sleek..but scared of the maintenance but since am not gonna be using it often,also the Venza....pls which should I go for ...since I wont be using it often

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by jacobjamie(m): 9:39pm On Feb 07, 2020
I really don't know much about the servicing of the GLK 350 though ,price of Oil and Oil filter which I know it won't be the regular Oando Oil ,Mobile oil of 4K per 5 Litters and oil filter of 1k like that of the Venza ,just like my old Camry mussle (Spider )2008...i got rid off
. also would it necessarily means it has to be serviced with a Mercedes Benz company workshop and fixes also?
Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by tyup(m): 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2020
jacobjamie:
Pls Help,Toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 ,I am thinking of buying Either one of this cars ..am yet to know which I really should get..
. ,*NOTE* that would be our only car,also we hardly have places to drive around ,so we wont we stressing the car due to both our work place and church is the same street ,like 5 buildings away from my house .and going to the market which is mostly once a week like 30 mins drive .
. I have always loved those 2 cars .driven the GLK couple of times .its sleek..but scared of the maintenance but since am not gonna be using it often,also the Venza....pls which should I go for ...since I wont be using it often

venza
Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by jacobjamie(m): 9:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
tyup:

venza
Pls give ur reasons
Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by Greystone: 12:02am On Feb 08, 2020
jacobjamie:

My honest opinion is to buy the Venza.

My best friend has been using a Venza for 2-3 years now and has only done oil and filter changes, brake pads once and a change of all the tyres

As u said this is the only car u will be using with your wife.

The Venza has much better fuel economy than the GLK. The 2010 GLK does only 18miles per gallon combined city/highway while a 2010 Venza does at least 24 miles per gallon. Trust me, the difference is significant.

I've owned a benz for 2 years now (2006 C Class) and I can tell you that maintaining a benz is not easy despite being a single guy and earning a very good salary. Benz is awesome and durable.
The build quality is top notch but when something needs to be replaced, and this is inevitable, u will spend 3 times more than what honda and toyota owners wud spend.

And don't even mistakenly buy a GLK 4matic. It's parts are more expensive esp the shocks, brakes, differential leaks, ABS...

Pls go for the Venza for now.

Later when you are more comfortable, you can buy the GLK.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by 2shure: 6:49am On Feb 08, 2020
U saw toyota but u want to go and buy benz. Irs ok. When por hole show u pepper. U will see diff displays on odometer, shocks na better problem. Benz is not for nigeria. Go for venza. More space,and remember its a toyota.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by 2shure: 6:49am On Feb 08, 2020
U saw toyota but u want to go and buy benz. Irs ok. When pot hole show u pepper,suspension go change. U will see diff displays on odometer, shocks na better problem. Benz is not for nigeria. Go for venza. More space,and remember its a toyota.
Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by BarrSly: 7:57am On Feb 08, 2020
Hi I see you said you used a Camry 2008 last, please share your experience with me as that's what I'm about to buy now.

jacobjamie:
Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by dandy2222: 10:13am On Feb 08, 2020
Never you think of comparing the two. Go for Venza. I repeat, go for Venza o. U don't need further explanation.
Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by Foolishbuhari: 10:19am On Feb 08, 2020
I see a lot of the usual people who don't know something advising people. Lol

Whoever told you people a venza has got better fuel economy? First thing op is this... There are two trims to the Venza. The V4 and the V6 so which are you buying because this would definitely affect the the "fuel economy". Also whoever tells you Venza parts are cheap is a very bad liar! Very bad one.

A GLK 350 on the other hand I have first hand experience on it. Don't listen to naysayers about fuel economy because it Conserves fuel and don't forget it's a direct V6. The parts rarely get bad because they are durable! Very durable. During changes though they may cost a bit but it's worth it. Suspension is mad... German rugged engine and all. Drive is smooth and interior, you can't compare! FYI some Venza don't even come with ordinary Bluetooth multimedia connectivity.

I dey pity people when think say Venza na corolla Lol bros but glk make your mind dey house ooo no listen to person when dey fly Okada advise you on motor to buy

9 Likes

Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by WarmTest3: 10:38am On Feb 08, 2020
If it is difficult for you to decide on a car, I advise you to visit the site Cararac. Here you will dare to find out a more detailed description of the car that interests you. In fact, everything is much simpler than you imagine. I have repeatedly been in your situation, so I understand you perfectly. I put a link to the site, I’m sure on the portal you will find a lot of useful information for yourself and you can quickly decide).
Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by Exponental(m): 11:19am On Feb 08, 2020
I have not owned or driven either but I will advice you go for the Toyota if it will be your only car. Some brands are best enjoyed when they not the only car.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by jacobjamie(m): 11:45pm On Feb 08, 2020
BarrSly:

Hi I see you said you used a Camry 2008 last, please share your experience with me as that's what I'm about to buy now.

Bro,nothing Beats that car (Camry spider) its fuel efficiency ,easy to drive,parts are affordable ,and it has prestige ...I will still love to own it again when am ready for more than 1 car....that will be my rugged car to move around with as I want

1 Like

Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by jacobjamie(m): 11:50pm On Feb 08, 2020
dandy2222:
Never you think of comparing the two. Go for Venza. I repeat, go for Venza o. U don't need further explanation.
I will never compare both ,both are off the same price range, I have driven the glk severely, its just so tempting ,it has its own pristige and comfort ,but don't really know about the servicing ,but for secondhand value I give it up to venza...

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by jacobjamie(m): 12:00am On Feb 09, 2020
Foolishbuhari:
I see a lot of the usual people who don't know something advising people. Lol

Whoever told you people a venza has got better fuel economy? First thing op is this... There are two trims to the Venza. The V4 and the V6 so which are you buying because this would definitely affect the the "fuel economy". Also whoever tells you Venza parts are cheap is a very bad liar! Very bad one.

A GLK 350 on the other hand I have first hand experience on it. Don't listen to naysayers about fuel economy because it Conserves fuel and don't forget it's a direct V6. The parts rarely get bad because they are durable! Very durable. During changes though they may cost a bit but it's worth it. Suspension is mad... German rugged engine and all. Drive is smooth and interior, you can't compare! FYI some Venza don't even come with ordinary Bluetooth multimedia connectivity.

I dey pity people when think say Venza na corolla Lol bros but glk make your mind dey house ooo no listen to person when dey fly Okada advise you on motor to buy
Lol bros, u make sense,funny enough am a guru when it comes to auto mobile but this one hard me to decide walahi,u know no one is an island ,we never will know it all,the GLK has good fuel economy,I can say just like my old Camry spider,even with the V6 engine I was surprised ..but parts could not be affordable ,but for the venza I can never go for a V6,it has never been my best buy if there are option for a V4 and V6..V6 is out of it except its just the only option just like d GLK..
Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by jacobjamie(m): 12:11am On Feb 09, 2020
Greystone:

My honest opinion is to buy the Venza.

My best friend has been using a Venza for 2-3 years now and has only done oil and filter changes, brake pads once and a change of all the tyres

As u said this is the only car u will be using with your wife.

The Venza has much better fuel economy than the GLK. The 2010 GLK does only 18miles per gallon combined city/highway while a 2010 Venza does at least 24 miles per gallon. Trust me, the difference is significant.

I've owned a benz for 2 years now (2006 C Class) and I can tell you that maintaining a benz is not easy despite being a single guy and earning a very good salary. Benz is awesome and durable.
The build quality is top notch but when something needs to be replaced, and this is inevitable, u will spend 3 times more than what honda and toyota owners wud spend.

And don't even mistakenly buy a GLK 4matic. It's parts are more expensive esp the shocks, brakes, differential leaks, ABS...

Pls go for the Venza for now.

Later when you are more comfortable, you can buy the GLK.

Bros u are also making sense ,am just a civil servant oh, make I check my pocket not to over spend on a car maintenance ,except if am getting another small car for myself which isn't not neccesary owning 2 cars which isn't even the one set,I hardly use it that much as my first post reads,we got no places to go too,house,church,work same street,market 30 mins away once a week

1 Like

Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by Kaydeexotic(m): 2:02am On Feb 09, 2020
I understand you don't have much places to go.. but trust me it's certain you'll want to travel out of town for social functions once in a while.. that's when you'll appreciate the comfortability of Benz even on a terrain that is not so smooth

1 Like

Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by Foolishbuhari: 8:28am On Feb 09, 2020
jacobjamie:

Lol bros, u make sense,funny enough am a guru when it comes to auto mobile but this one hard me to decide walahi,u know no one is an island ,we never will know it all,the GLK has good fuel economy,I can say just like my old Camry spider,even with the V6 engine I was surprised ..but parts could not be affordable ,but for the venza I can never go for a V6,it has never been my best buy if there are option for a V4 and V6..V6 is out of it except its just the only option just like d GLK..

Good thing you know about cars Bro at least you won't be misguided by the people who think a Venza is a corolla which to me sef has expensive parts compared to the quality that goes with it.

Making choices for a car can be quite...Lol because even I had a tough choice choosing between a GLK and an ML 350 so I know how the selection thing can be. But you have to make good comparison between both markers with the common Nigerian mentality when it comes to cars.

The V4 Venza Vs the GLK 350.

For fuel economy, I know the GLK has very good fuel economy even better than many Toyota V4s out there but I only have first hand experience with the V6 Venza which was a real fuel guzzler so I can't really say.

Suspension: You can never compare the Venza with the GLK. Also from experience, the GLK's shock will last much longer than the Toyota's.

Many things will point to the GLK over the Venza to me but you said you'd mostly use it as a Sunday car so it limits choice for power. No need having a German V6 power in the garage for just Sunday movement but I particularly feel the power on the V6 should balance out the fuel economy on the V4 Venza which I think would be about same thing because not until a friend told me his 2013 C class which was a V6 had better fuel economy than his Own camry muscle did I believe that Benz fuel economy thing! Those guys have really worked on their fuel economy.

Another comparison it just came to my mind... The GLK has got better fuel economy than the Toyota Hilux truck which is 4 plugs by the way. Same engine 2.7L ratings with the Venza I think so I just think you should go for what appeals to you more but me, a Venza is a glorified camry and it will never be my choice at anytime

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by BarrSly: 11:18am On Feb 09, 2020
Thank you so much for your timeous reply but I hear that the car suffers from oil burn issue how were you able to deal with that and was it an i4 or v6?

jacobjamie:

Bro,nothing Beats that car (Camry spider) its fuel efficiency ,easy to drive,parts are affordable ,and it has prestige ...I will still love to own it again when am ready for more than 1 car....that will be my rugged car to move around with as I want
Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by jacobjamie(m): 1:59am On Feb 10, 2020
BarrSly:
Thank you so much for your timeous reply but I hear that the car suffers from oil burn issue how were you able to deal with that and was it an i4 or v6?

That's not true ,for 4 years I never went to a mechanic for a serious fix apart from the normal servicing ,it was a V4 engine ..and it was a naija used I bought it,yet used for 4 years no single issue ,sold it same amount i bought it with 50k extra....
It doesn't mean one or 2 people used theirs like it was keke or molue and it gave them that issue doesn't mean that same car has issues of that sort in general ...that car is Nigerian favourite till. Date ..and any once dream car averagely ..even than the corolla
Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by BarrSly: 3:57am On Feb 10, 2020
Thanks boss

jacobjamie:

That's not true ,for 4 years I never went to a mechanic for a serious fix apart from the normal servicing ,it was a V4 engine ..and it was a naija used I bought it,yet used for 4 years no single issue ,sold it same amount i bought it with 50k extra....
It doesn't mean one or 2 people used theirs like it was keke or molue and it gave them that issue doesn't mean that same car has issues of that sort in general ...that car is Nigerian favourite till. Date ..and any once dream car averagely ..even than the corolla
Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by succri(m): 9:54am On Feb 10, 2020
This is a hard one ,
My venza is almost 5 years , it reliable trust me ,
The GLK tho , get something from 2013
Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
jacobjamie:

Hello what did you end up going with . I will go for V6 venza than I4. My friend went for I4 highlander and regretted it the V6 even has better fuel economy because its an SUV not a car the added weight will add to fuel with AC and very sluggish acceleration you will throttle down trying to pick speed. Its not the same. All in all I will go for A GLK 350 if I'm to die let me enjoy the way I will die na once man dey die.
Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by Kayharry(m): 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2022
Re: Pls Help,toyota Venza Or Benz GLK 350 by Major1984(m): 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
jacobjamie:

some people said it short engine oil, and the v6 consume much fuel

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean 2003 Model Toyota Picnic / Honda Accord 2000 Model (Ex) (baby Boy) For Sale 900k. SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!! / 2019 Model Toyota Camry Sportz Toks Good Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.