Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:17 AM

Aftermath Of A Storm : Trump Fires Two Major Impeachment Figures - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Aftermath Of A Storm : Trump Fires Two Major Impeachment Figures (292 Views)

Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) / Trump Fires Defence Secretary, Mark Esper, Appoints Miller In Acting Capacity / Trump Fires Rex Tillerson, US Sec. of State Who Just Visited Nigeria Few Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aftermath Of A Storm : Trump Fires Two Major Impeachment Figures by panafrican(m): 6:29am On Feb 08, 2020
When you target a king and your spear misses him,
be ready !

Trump fires two major impeachment figures -- Alexander Vindman and Gordon Sondland
By Kaitlan Collins, Kristen Holmes, Katelyn Polantz, Gloria Borger, Kevin Liptak, Jim Acosta and Devan Cole, CNN
Updated 8:31 PM EST, Fri February 07, 2020

Washington(CNN)President Donald Trump fired two key impeachment witnesses Friday, dismissing Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, the top Ukraine expert at the National Security Council, and US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland.

An adviser to Trump said the firings of the major impeachment witnesses was meant to send a message that siding against the President will not be tolerated.

"Flushing out the pipes," the adviser told CNN. "It was necessary."

Vindman was pushed out of his role Friday months earlier than expected, according to a statement from his attorney. Vindman was not slated to leave until July, but had been telling colleagues in recent weeks he would likely leave soon.

Sondland said in a statement Friday that he is being recalled from his post.

"I was advised today that the President intends to recall me effective immediately as United States Ambassador to the European Union," Sondland said. "I accomplishments. Our work here has been the highlight of my career."

Trump had continued to fume privately about Vindman's testimony during the impeachment inquiry and foreshadowed his dismissal earlier Friday.

"Well, I'm not happy with him," Trump said. "You think I'm supposed to be happy with him? I'm not."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/politics/alex-vindman-donald-trump-impeachment/index.html

Re: Aftermath Of A Storm : Trump Fires Two Major Impeachment Figures by Goldencheese(m): 6:36am On Feb 08, 2020
Like somebody said, when your spear which targets the king misses him, be ready for whatever comes out of it.
Re: Aftermath Of A Storm : Trump Fires Two Major Impeachment Figures by thesicilian: 7:01am On Feb 08, 2020
If they truly believe he's as corrupt as they say, they should have resigned on their own instead of continuing to work for a corrupt man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of A Storm : Trump Fires Two Major Impeachment Figures by rottennaija(m): 7:03am On Feb 08, 2020
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.
Re: Aftermath Of A Storm : Trump Fires Two Major Impeachment Figures by Bluntguy: 7:09am On Feb 08, 2020
Fire the goddam traitors. You can't be working for the administration and against the administration at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of A Storm : Trump Fires Two Major Impeachment Figures by tillaman(m): 7:45am On Feb 08, 2020
Perfect depiction of garette’s revenge cheesy
Re: Aftermath Of A Storm : Trump Fires Two Major Impeachment Figures by cRobo: 7:47am On Feb 08, 2020
No room for traitor

(1) (Reply)

'come Clean': US Presses China On Coronavirus After Lab Reports / NYC Mayor Drown Out By Boos, Faces Calls To Resign, At George Floyd Memorial / Hanging Black People In America And Killing Palestinians In Palestine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.