Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,832 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Would You Build Roads Or Would You Empower The People First - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Build Roads Or Would You Empower The People First (283 Views)

"Aba Is Dead" - Jane Ogbauta Gives Ikpeazu 100-Day Ultimatum To Fix Roads Or.... / BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads / Is Nigeria The Costliest Place In The World To Build Roads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Build Roads Or Would You Empower The People First by 9jawear(m): 4:19am On Feb 09, 2020
We are all in awe about how Nigeria's wealth gotten mostly from the south has been used to develop infrastructure in regions that have no immense contribution to the purse of the federation. This economic contraption of taking the resources of a rich region and develop ingormation another without any recompense from the poor regions is a docile fugacity autranonomopula misgrandiosity. If there is any word like that. What we are practicing in Nigeria is pseudo economics and politics of oppression and domination. It's a perfect semblance of the concept of raiding cities and pilfering their treasures and doing same over and over again. The states with the lowest contribution to the national purse should go and beg for forgiveness from the states with the highest revenue source especially the ones that have been naturally blessed with resources that are being sucked out of the earth. Would you build roads in your village if given a huge financial muscle and enjoy a huge commission from the contractors as this has now become the fad or infatuation amongst our politicians. Huge bonuses and cuts from capital projects. There is an economic template for utilising large budgetary expenditure for eco sustainable human capital revenue generating projects that will keep the money in circulation and in long term create a long term revenue earners for the government in the form of taxes that will be so gladly paid by the citizens , in fact they will beg the government to take their taxes. The issue is will writers of such ideas be given the opportunity and be paid to draft a policy document and action plan for ideas like this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Build Roads Or Would You Empower The People First by budaatum: 4:34am On Feb 09, 2020
9jawear:

There is an economic template for utilising large budgetary expenditure for eco sustainable human capital revenue generating projects that will .....
Is there? Go on, tell us what it is please.

9jawear:

The issue is will writers of such ideas be given the opportunity and be paid to draft a policy document and action plan for ideas like this.
Oh! My bad. You want to be paid "Huge bonuses and cuts" before you to tell us.

One question. Why don't you just build a road if all you want is "huge financial muscle and enjoy a huge commission"? At least you'd then have something tangible to show us for our money instead of a "draft policy document and action plan" that might be worth less than the paper its written on.

What you think?
Re: Would You Build Roads Or Would You Empower The People First by Optional09: 4:47am On Feb 09, 2020
Power”electricity” first so that i can reduce the amount of people using the road daily while i build the road. Power is a huge empowerment on its own

1 Like

Re: Would You Build Roads Or Would You Empower The People First by 9jawear(m): 1:35pm On Feb 10, 2020
budaatum:

Oh! My bad. You want to be paid "Huge bonuses and cuts" before you to tell us.

In ones present state of consciousness. Why would you loose the power of your bargain by giving the information for free, what has doing free stuff for Nigeria benefitted me for over 20 years
Re: Would You Build Roads Or Would You Empower The People First by 9jawear(m): 1:36pm On Feb 10, 2020
9jawear:

In ones present state of consciousness. Why would you loose the power of your bargain by giving the information for free, what has doing free stuff for Nigeria benefitted me for over 20 years

I just gave an article for free didn't I.

The diabolic pyramid of subserviency demons who love to pilfer from people knows no bounds but it cannot work with me no more
Re: Would You Build Roads Or Would You Empower The People First by budaatum: 1:48pm On Feb 10, 2020
9jawear:

Same thinking of the one who built a road. He too got the contract after 20 or so years of free labour with no benefits and will not now build the road for free.

Fact is, one will eat from one's labour. Just don't do what they do in my local government where mending of Janta-Jamodo Road is budgeted every year and Janta-Jamodo Road is never mended.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: What Buhari Said In Borno On Wednesday / How Cattle Rustlers Attempted To Bribe Policemen With N.7m In Sokoto / Achuba’s Removal As Kogi Dep.gov Illegal – Says Kogi High Court Continue Re

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.