Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. (5949 Views)

A Six-year-old Boy Was Beheaded In Saudi Arabia / How Do You Want To Be Remembered When You Are Gone? / “i Am John The Baptist Who Was Beheaded" - Self-acclaimed Prophet Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Loversgift(m): 5:23am On Feb 09, 2020
Eddie Nawgu (born Edward Onyebuchi Okeke in the year 1957) alias was "Alusi N'eje Uka" this when translated to the English language means "The Diety Who Goes To Church", was a Nigerian self-proclaimed prophet of God and occult practitioner. He bore several sobriquets throughout his life time but was predominantly known in the mid-1990s as "Eddy Nawgu" amongst the Igbo. His other sobriquet "Eddie na Nawgu" came about because he was from the Nawgu community, a town situated in the Dunukofia LGA of Anambra State.

At the age of 29, Eddie “Nawgu” Okeke, claimed he had been touched by the Biblical God and was given the ability to “see” and “perceive” what the ordinary human eye or other four senses could not intercept.

Shortly after he began his ministry, he built a church-like structure and named it “Anioma Healing Centre”.According to Eddie Nawgu , his reasons for creating the “Anioma Healing Centre”, was to heal the sick people in the community and restore hope to people who had thought previously that their existence on earth was meaningless and was without bearing. However , that wasn’t exactly the case.

During the mid-1990s in Onitsha, Anambra State, Eddie Nawgu had started to grow famous, as he had some how managed to gather a good percentage of the ... Continue reading...
http:///s700959fa200209en_ng

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Goldencheese(m): 5:37am On Feb 09, 2020
I remember that story and how the Bakassi Boys dealt with him.

1 Like

Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Loversgift(m): 6:02am On Feb 09, 2020
Goldencheese:
I remember that story and how the Bakassi Boys dealt with him.
Where are the Bakassi boys now self.. this guys need to regroup

5 Likes

Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Villagemeat: 6:10am On Feb 09, 2020
I don't know
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Goldencheese(m): 6:29am On Feb 09, 2020
Loversgift:

Where are the Bakassi boys now self.. this guys need to regroup

Oh, they were disbanded when the outfit began to misbehave, became politicised and some of their members began to engage in criminalities.

But while they were active, criminals fled the SE and peace returned. There were a few excesses but people respected themselves. I think the SE needs such an outfit again during these perilous times.

12 Likes

Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Abfinest007(m): 6:52am On Feb 09, 2020
is this history or illstory
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by michlins(m): 7:12am On Feb 09, 2020
Onye amụma Chineke Eddie Okeke is what Emeka Morocco maduka called him in one of his songs. His sanctuary is abode for many people. This current guy Odumeje is alleged to be his protege

6 Likes

Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by michlins(m): 7:14am On Feb 09, 2020
Abfinest007:
is this history or illstory
Jesus. Do you mean you haven't heard about this guy. He's one of the most popular guys killed by the bakassi boys and Nollywood did lots of movie about him. His death brought about the downfall of bakassi group

1 Like

Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by bisi16(m): 7:30am On Feb 09, 2020
Killed for nothing. Pity
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by chiMoni37(m): 8:26am On Feb 09, 2020
michlins:
Onye amụma Chineke Eddie Okeke is what Emeka Morocco maduka called him in one of his songs. His sanctuary is abode for many people. This current guy Odumeje is alleged to be his protege
. eziokwu

1 Like

Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Loversgift(m): 8:59am On Feb 09, 2020
bisi16:
Killed for nothing. Pity
I don't think so.. read the full gist
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Loversgift(m): 9:01am On Feb 09, 2020
michlins:
Jesus. Do you mean you haven't heard about this guy. He's one of the most popular guys killed by the bakassi boys and Nollywood did lots of movie about him. His death brought about the downfall of bakassi group

Really..? So those isakaba movies of that time was about he?

And why did his death effect the group?
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Loversgift(m): 9:01am On Feb 09, 2020
michlins:

Hmmm...
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Loversgift(m): 9:02am On Feb 09, 2020
Goldencheese:

Oh, they were disbanded when the outfit began to misbehave, became politicised and some of their members began to engage in criminalities.

But while they were active, criminals fled the SE and peace returned. There were a few excesses but people respected themselves. I think the SE needs such an outfit again during these perilous times.

Nawa ooo.. this guys needs to regroup back.. I have had alot about them

2 Likes

Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Goldencheese(m): 9:08am On Feb 09, 2020
Loversgift:

You are right. It was one of the most effective ethnic vigilance groups in Nigeria and they were scary. They restored confidence in the SE economy but later, politicians and other people started using them to settle scores.

6 Likes

Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Loversgift(m): 9:17am On Feb 09, 2020
Goldencheese:

You are right. It was one of the most effective ethnic vigilance groups in Nigeria and they were scary. They restored confidence in the SE economy but later, politicians and other people started using them to settle scores.
Too bad..

1 Like

Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by michlins(m): 9:33am On Feb 09, 2020
Loversgift:

Really..? So those isakaba movies of that time was about he?

And why did his death effect the group?
yeah. You know in every isakaba movie, they end up killing one vilian who's a prophet. That's Eddie
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 09, 2020
michlins:

Please explain more
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Loversgift(m): 9:58am On Feb 09, 2020
michlins:
yeah. You know in every isakaba movie, they end up killing one vilian who's a prophet. That's Eddie
Interesting..
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Goldencheese(m): 10:11am On Feb 09, 2020
Loversgift:

Too bad..

Yeah. If they are to be relaunched, those mistakes should be corrected.
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Bluezy13(m): 10:19am On Feb 09, 2020
michlins:

That's not true.
He was guilty.
aka ya adighi ocha.
There were calendars of his purported atrocities including pounding of newborn babies it was scary...
Around 1999/2000 during the era of Derico nwamama.

The downfall of Bakassi boys which gave rise to Issakaba...was due to corruption amongst its members afterwards.
They started pursuing personal interests, killing innocent people for money etc

1 Like

Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by michlins(m): 10:25am On Feb 09, 2020
Xavfra:

Please explain more
Eddie was a sought after prophet by the high and mighty. It was alleged that powers that be wanted him to be released when the isakaba boys got to him but they killed him anyway. From there, the same people that established bakassi sought for their elimination. Assassins were sent to kill the group as I could remember an incident which happened in Nnewi. Some group of thieves just came for the bakassi boys one night and killed many members. Their depleting numbers made them recruit people without properly vetting them and as such thieves and people without discipline joined their ranks. It's belied that no bakassi member eats a meal prepared by a woman but they recruited even married men. My classmate in primary school is a daughter of such recruitment. That's how they started having issues

3 Likes

Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by michlins(m): 10:26am On Feb 09, 2020
Bluezy13:

That's not true.
He was guilty.
aka ya adighi ocha.
There were calendars of his purported atrocities including pounding of newborn babies it was scary...
Around 1999/2000 during the era of Derico nwamama.

The downfall of Bakassi boys which gave rise to Issakaba...was due to corruption amongst its members afterwards.
They started pursuing personal interests, killing innocent people for money etc
I never said he's innocent but the bakassi boys killed him when the powerful members of the society wanted him freed. About those calendars, those were just imagination of the calendar makers. Although then they were so real and shii but we know he wouldn't keep a photo of him pounding new born babies. Eddie problem started when he fought the Catholic Church. He was accused of lots of things and the way his followers became rich was also a source of worry. He rolls with the high and mighty. Morocco maduka made a whole track about him in 1999. With such influence came jealousy

1 Like

Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 09, 2020
michlins:
Eddie was a sought after prophet by the high and mighty. It was alleged that powers that be wanted him to be released when the isakaba boys got to him but they killed him anyway. From there, the same people that established bakassi sought for their elimination. Assassins were sent to kill the group as I could remember an incident which happened in Nnewi. Some group of thieves just came for the bakassi boys one night and killed many members. Their depleting numbers made them recruit people without properly vetting them and as such thieves and people without discipline joined their ranks. It's belied that no bakassi member eats a meal prepared by a woman but they recruited even married men. My classmate in primary school is a daughter of such recruitment. That's how they started having issues

Okay.... thanks so much for it...I now understand
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Bluezy13(m): 10:30am On Feb 09, 2020
Loversgift:

They shouldn't regroup back.
it will do more harm than good.
While in Aba, 303 pH road, close to fly over, I witnessed them, they had an office around my house. They started abusing their powers, someone with land dispute or family problem will call them to punish or kill his enemy especially someone who knows them personally.
They even had a prison cell in the building.

Reminds me of the horrible incident that happened in Ahia Orie electronics market Aba, opposite my house in that PH road.
Nobody knew that dozens of people especially men where inside a dungeon hidden inside the Electronics market by the Bakassi boys.
Not until news broke out of missing people and the military raided the market and release about 15 corps... people who had defecated and pissed on themselves and died due to poor ventilation.
It was a horrible sight. we watched as the corps where lined like roasted fishes on the floor... smelling.
I couldn't eat well for days.

That contributed to the burning of the Bakassi Base by soldiers. there was tension everywhere then.

Giving people powers to execute a certain security task is never a problem...but what happens after the task is completed
When the Bakassi boys finished "cleansing" the land and jobs were no longer coming, they resorted to criminal activities... chaotic to the very society which course they were supposed to protect.

The Igbos use to say that giving water to a monkey is never a problem but collecting back the cup.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by michlins(m): 10:35am On Feb 09, 2020
Bluezy13:

They shouldn't regroup back.
it will do more harm than good.
While in Aba, 303 pH road, close to fly over, I witnessed them, they had an office around my house. They started abusing their powers, someone with land dispute or family problem will call them to punish or kill his enemy especially someone who knows them personally.
They even had a prison cell in the building.

Reminds me of the horrible incident that happened in Ahia Orie electronics market Aba, opposite my house in that PH road.
Nobody knew that dozens of people especially men where inside a dungeon hidden inside the Electronics market by the Bakassi boys.
Not until news broke out of missing people and the military raided the market and release about 15 corps... people who had defecated and pissed on themselves and died due to poor ventilation.
It was a horrible site, we watched as the corps where lined like roasted fishes on the floor... smelling.
I couldn't eat well for days.

That contributed to the burning of the Bakassi Base by soldiers. there was tension everywhere then.

Giving people powers to execute a certain security task is never a problem...but what happens after the task is completed
When the Bakassi boys finished "cleansing" the land and jobs were no longer coming, they resorted to criminal activities... chaotic to the very society which course they were supposed to protect.

The Igbos use to say that giving water to a monkey is never a problem but collecting back the cup.
about this,a friend in aba told me about it.
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Bluezy13(m): 10:36am On Feb 09, 2020
michlins:
I never said he's innocent but the bakassi boys killed him when the powerful members of the society wanted him freed. About those calendars, those were just imagination of the calendar makers. Although then they were so real and shii but we know he wouldn't keep a photo of him pounding new born babies. Eddie problem started when he fought the Catholic Church. He was accused of lots of things and the way his followers became rich was also a source of worry. He rolls with the high and mighty. Morocco maduka made a whole track about him in 1999. With such influence came jealousy

Okay...
Point noted.
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Bluezy13(m): 10:45am On Feb 09, 2020
michlins:
about this,a friend in aba told me about it.

My brother,
It was a proud thing to be associated with the Bakassi boys... people will fear you simply because you have a friend or family member that is one of them.
I wish not to witness that site again.
Part of the reasons I believe that Electronics market which was supposed to take over St Michaels, never lived up to expectations.
Till date, that market... supposedly international...is still scantily unoccupied...at least before I left Aba about 10 yrs ago and I know nothing has changed for good...if not worse
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by michlins(m): 11:09am On Feb 09, 2020
Bluezy13:

My brother,
It was a proud thing to be associated with the Bakassi boys... people will fear you simply because you have a friend or family member that is one of them.
I wish not to witness that site again.
Part of the reasons I believe that Electronics market which was supposed to take over St Michaels, never lived up to expectations.
Till date, that market... supposedly international...is still scantily unoccupied...at least before I left Aba about 10 yrs ago and I know nothing has changed for good...if not worse
truth be told, these guys calmed down SE especially Nnewi. Before them, thieves will write you letters and tell you which day they would visit your household. Wow betide you if you don't keep enough stuff for them to take. The father will be forced to rape his own daughter. You remember that movie Akidi
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Bluezy13(m): 11:47am On Feb 09, 2020
michlins:
truth be told, these guys calmed down SE especially Nnewi. Before them, thieves will write you letters and tell you which day they would visit your household. Wow betide you if you don't keep enough stuff for them to take. The father will be forced to rape his own daughter. You remember that movie Akidi

Akidi kididindi...
Nkem owoh, Victor Osuagwu (drunk), Sam loco, that short dwarfish man..., Rita Edochie etc. they had to runaway from the village at night due to their evil.
I remember.

Including the movie Eze ebunafo. ft Emeka Eyiocha who terrorized the community and was later killed by Mmiri Nwamma.
This movie was a replica of the Derico nwamma incident

The movie Issakaba 1, 2 & 3...Ebube as the leader... forgotten his name.

There's this other movie Sam loco was evil, his son Osita iheme became the head of Issakaba boys while Chinedu Ikedieze who was a University teacher became their native doctor backing the Issakaba. This movie portrayed the Eddie Nneogu era.
Re: HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. by Temple1288(m): 12:01pm On Feb 09, 2020
Mbadinuju the clueless Governor turned my beautiful Anambra State to a lawless society... He made Anambra State a pool of blood during his useless and unfruitful reign of terror and bloodshed.. If Bakassi were so good, why didn't they start with Chinwoke Mbadinuju?? In fact, why didn't they start with Orji Uzor Kalu the ritualist??

Odumeje doesn't act one bit like Alusi na je uka...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. / Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! / Conditions For Marriage In Deeper Christian Life Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.