Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

3 Killed, 50 Injured As Bandits Attack Niger - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Killed, 50 Injured As Bandits Attack Niger (599 Views)

Kidnapped Student Of Arthur Jarvis University Rescued, 3 Killed (Graphic) / Gunmen Storm Police Station In Ebonyi, 3 Killed (Photos) / Cult War In Amaokpala, Anambra: 3 Killed (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Killed, 50 Injured As Bandits Attack Niger by jarawa: 6:21am On Feb 09, 2020
Three people were killed while over 50 were injured when bandits attacked Grumana Community in Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State yesterday. The Chairman of Shiroro Local government Area, Alhaji Suleiman Chukuba, told our correspondent at about 4:30pm that the latest attack brought to five, the number of such attacks in the area since January this year.

He added that over 300 cows were rustled from a Fulani man by the bandits who invaded the community in about 100 motorcycles and shot sporadically into the air to announce their arrival. “I can’t ascertain the actual number of the bandits but my people said they came in about 100 motorcycles and they were three on each motorcycle.

“As I speak to you, about 15 people have been taken to hospital in Minna for treatment. The people injured are so many but these were the ones that we were able retrieve so far,” he said. Among the injured, he said, were five vigilante members. “I have equally notified the security agents on this latest attack, what we saw today is like a war, the situation is horrible,” he added.

The Management of the General Hospital in Minna led by Chief Medical Director, Dr.Ma’ali Ishak, are on ground to attend to those who sustained injuries on bandits attack. It would be recalled that President Mohammedu Buhari last week ordered air strikes on bandits’ locations in the state. Meanwhile, the Senator Representing Niger East Senatorial District, Senator Mohammed Sani Musa, has condemned the fresh attack, describing it as barbaric. Senator Musa said he received the news of the attack from members of the community who escaped by the whiskers.

“My heart is heavy, and I find it really unbelievable that people could just be so ungodly to the point that the sanctity of human life no longer means anything to them. According to the information I got, armed men dressed in black clothes shouting “Allahu Akhbar” stormed Gurmana and other adjoining communities and started shooting sporadically,” he said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/3-killed-50-injured-as-bandits-attack-niger.html
Re: 3 Killed, 50 Injured As Bandits Attack Niger by babdap: 6:36am On Feb 09, 2020
We have overcome our security challenges
Re: 3 Killed, 50 Injured As Bandits Attack Niger by Theory2022: 7:13am On Feb 09, 2020
WHY

cry cry cry
cry cry cry
cry cry cry

Re: 3 Killed, 50 Injured As Bandits Attack Niger by Peroh426: 7:27am On Feb 09, 2020
Where are the Nigerian Police Force,If its armless Biafrans they will be showing off force

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed, 50 Injured As Bandits Attack Niger by nzeobi(m): 9:09am On Feb 09, 2020
Niger near me kwara here
Re: 3 Killed, 50 Injured As Bandits Attack Niger by Jabioro: 9:49am On Feb 09, 2020
Congratulations,we are gradually getting there.. they're in Niger state, soonest they would be at Kwara..

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed, 50 Injured As Bandits Attack Niger by anonymuz(m): 9:55am On Feb 09, 2020
Jabioro:
Congratulations,we are gradually getting there.. they're in Niger state, soonest they would be at Kwara..
kwara is next if this failed government continue to take no action against this animals
Re: 3 Killed, 50 Injured As Bandits Attack Niger by Jabioro: 10:19am On Feb 09, 2020
anonymuz:
kwara is next if this failed government continue to take no action against this animals
You're absolutely right..The primary objective of any government is security in all ramifications.The see had failed woefully.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Big Story:sex Assault Of A Long Time Virgin / Principal Of Bethlehem Girls College Dies While Rescuing Students From Explosion / Police Officer That Killed Himself, His Lover And Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.