Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,500 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals (27425 Views)

Ruth Ogunleye: COAS Lagbaja Warns Personnel To Desist Making Comments / Women Affairs Minister Seeks Body Of Attorney-Generals' Approval Of Mobile Court / Àmòtékùn Law: Open Letter To South West Governors, Attorney Generals & LawMakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by Caustic001: 12:40pm On Feb 09, 2020
GMBuhari:
Hopefully it won't end in tears

These people should recruit only intellectuals who are sane upstairs otherwise it'll be bad

Also who checks the excesses of Amotekun, what will be their failsafe mechanism

Who will disburse and collect said weapons from them, how many months of training, physical and mental will they go through?

Very valid questions, just hope it doesn't go the way of sars and co
Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by GGirll: 12:51pm On Feb 09, 2020
This is a welcome development I'm so much in support d south too can carry arm not only d north has power to violence....amotekun come n stay only do not harass s igbos n d minority southerners......grow d balls n face our collective enemies n don't double tongue against d hustling igbos that have come n developed your place ok. D wicked maruders will now have their match since no one can arrest d idiots.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by delpee(f): 1:03pm On Feb 09, 2020
Caustic001:
Very valid questions, just hope it doesn't go the way of sars and co

There's a complaints unit in the plan as stated in the writeup.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by Enyimbamercedes: 1:14pm On Feb 09, 2020
Rotimi47:
Na! Pump actions.

Initially, they were restricted to Dane guns (muzzle loaded guns)
Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by Reference(m): 1:26pm On Feb 09, 2020
The only thing the black man knows is violence. You haven't started operations and the premise is the threat of force just like the plethora of ineffectual security agencies across Nigeria whose modus operandi starts and ends with carrying AK-47 at the notorious 'checkpoints'.

I hope Amotekun will not end up just bring an appendage to the police just as the civil defence came with so much fanfare but has pittered into insignificamce just because the eays and means are similar.

Amotekun should be a different institution and I strongly recommend one based on real police work which is centered around investigation and intelligence gathering, deduction and analysis, strategies not just strong arm tactics. Something more cerebral and less intrusive. Only that can make it more effective than what is present.

From the responses above it is apparent that folks have already decided that Amotekun will be a counter insurgency strike force of some sorts. Fine, if they have decided the west is some sort of war front.

I will rather see Amotekun tackle the various security problems at source and interface with political leadership to ensure the socio-economic causatives are tackled in tandem.

Not everything is gun, shoot, fight.
Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by Xano(m): 2:12pm On Feb 09, 2020
“We have been getting reports from different places of kidnapping and killing in parts of Iwo and the killing of a farmer in Yewa and the incident of Oko Oloyun. We don’t want to narrow it down to some people.
“And we realised that strange people are moving into settlements in long trailers in Yorubaland. For instance, in Arigidi, my own country home, three days ago, if not for the intervention of the community and the traditional ruler, they could have settled down there and be causing havoc.

Interesting.

Congratulations. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:25pm On Feb 09, 2020
larry90500:
Amotekun is here to stay Stronger! grin

We really need to check those guys riding bikes in the S.West lately, where did they come from exactly? They ride recklessly, yet when did hit you, they come with full confidence to confront you and attack you!. We really need to do something about them and protect our S.west.

God Bless Amotekun.
God Bless Yoruba.
God Bless S.West.
God Bless Nigeria.

Amen kudos to the Governors of southwest and other southerners that shook mouth for the matter

Yorubas lives matter
Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by Fashdeejay(m): 3:07pm On Feb 09, 2020
Do not put weapons in the hands of illiterates and expect them to perform better... They are illiterates
Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by dederocs(m): 3:28pm On Feb 09, 2020
sapientia:
We are watching.

Its not about support or not.

OPC was not even recognized by law and we know what happened.

Giving civilians with no single psyche evaluation arms is a huge disaster.

And with the rate of unemployment in Nigeria, it will be a free for all recruitment with typical Nigerians looking for quota for their own people whether insane or not.

Yes, there is serious insecurity but we can't be in a haste and create a much more dangerous hydra.

The benefits of state police still surpasses its demerits and should be a better option than this.

Am already afraid cos I have friends and families in these areas.

It can't be worse than it is...

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by debbysure01(m): 4:11pm On Feb 09, 2020
The should also be trained on how to use.....Are we going to have Amotekun in Lagos? I will advice that those jobbless Neighborhood Watch should be converter instead.
Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by festus2001: 4:14pm On Feb 09, 2020
Nice one.
Jesus is lord
Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by Legendguru: 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by nanizle(m): 6:04pm On Feb 09, 2020
mascot87:
Brilliant submission. Carrying licensed firearm with the addition of spiritual firearms will make the operations of Amotekun very effective. We are getting their

Nothing like spiritual firearm.

A fully loaded M16 will do the trick.
Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by MusaChukwudi: 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2020
Since Amotekun was launched I haven't heard the chant "no mans land"!!!
Some people have realised their folly?

Lzaa immhotep - ogini?

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 09, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

Lzaa immhotep - ogini?
T9ksy will not be happy with you for mentioning no man's land grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by LZAA: 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

Lzaa immhotep - ogini?
Afamed and helinues are coming for yougrin
Our Lagos sef
Cc blackking98 GMBuharii

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by favour32(m): 9:16pm On Feb 09, 2020
mascot87:
Brilliant submission. Carrying licensed firearm with the addition of spiritual firearms will make the operations of Amotekun very effective. We are getting their
Jazz go go message wella
Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by wowcatty: 2:54am On Feb 10, 2020
The best news out of Yorubaland in 10 years and I'm loving it!

Now this is how to do it! When 'north' threatens, you stick the middle finger up theiir eyes and tell them to do their worse. Only Yoruba can secure Yorubaland. Remember that the only reason 'the north' keeps speaking against it is, they think Yoruba are still weak-minded and can be forced into giving up, little did they know that the information is out on how they want to take over Yorubaland. We need to keep the pressure going, Yoruba security is Yoruba affair, no outsider has a say in it.
Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by 9jaRealist: 3:21am On Feb 10, 2020
yeyeosoronga:
Bearing firearms should have nothing to do with your literacy levels. Your mental state is most important when you're allowed to carry firearms, and not how educated or uneducated you are.

Obviously, you have not heard of "accidental discharge"... cheesy

Meanwhile, education affects your PROFESSIONAL judgment...
And in fact impacts on your mental health wrt to getting proper help.
>
Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by wowcatty: 3:35am On Feb 10, 2020
OPC wasn't regulated so this is going to be under a different set of rules.

Regional police will come first after this and then have states and local govts police under it to move power close to the people.

People should go to their local govt to do business registration and get licenses for anything and not keep traveling for what should be locally sourced.

sapientia:
We are watching.

Its not about support or not.

OPC was not even recognized by law and we know what happened.

Giving civilians with no single psyche evaluation arms is a huge disaster.

And with the rate of unemployment in Nigeria, it will be a free for all recruitment with typical Nigerians looking for quota for their own people whether insane or not.

Yes, there is serious insecurity but we can't be in a haste and create a much more dangerous hydra.

The benefits of state police still surpasses its demerits and should be a better option than this.

Am already afraid cos I have friends and families in these areas.

Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by MetaPhysical: 4:16am On Feb 10, 2020
lilmarley:
Well, I hope they won't start harassing guys
Cos it seems there's a spirit inside that iron called GUN.

grin
Ogun is the Yoruba deity of war.

All implements with which wars are fought are in the custody of Ogun.

Compare the two words - Ogun and Gun!

Yoruba, I love you!
As many times I reincarnate I want to return as Yoruba. grin

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by jamilufarm: 9:22am On Feb 10, 2020
recipe for violence loading

Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by jamilufarm: 9:24am On Feb 10, 2020
jamilufarm:
recipe for violence loading

Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by PCFC(m): 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2020
Hurrayyyy

Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by tammie24: 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
nairalanduseles:

Give them just 3 months u will be crying

When they start harassing and killing innocent citizens

I weep for Nigeria

Japa

The country is heading for total anarchy
but it's not your business na

How it take concern you

Face your region
Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by orisa37: 3:12pm On Feb 10, 2020
GOOD. AK-47 NOT SHAKABULA.
Re: Amotekun Personnel To Carry Licensed Firearms — South-West Attorney Generals by orisa37: 3:16pm On Feb 10, 2020
SO THAT THEIR ADVERSARIES CAN NOT OVERPOWER THEM. VERY GOOD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ganduje And Buratai Visit Falgore Forest (Photos) / AFCON 2019: Sanwo-Olu Speaks On Funding FG’s Delegation To Egypt With $450m / Sit-At-Home: Gunmen Bomb Izombe Market In Imo, Raze Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.