Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage (2524 Views)

Reactions As Beyoncé's Mum Tina Knowles Files For Divorce From Hubby After 8 Yea / Stop Lying Laura Ikeji You Did Not Receive 20million From Hubby - Blogger Claims / Shan George Narrates Her Flight Experience: "It Felt Like Molue In The Sky" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by SleekGist: 8:06am On Feb 09, 2020
Renown actress and business woman, Mercy Aigbe, recounts her bitter experience in the hands of her estranged hubby, Lanre Gentry. SleekGist reports.

The actress who in 2018,got separated from Gentry on grounds of domestic violence, has opened up via her Youtube channel, about the violence she faced in the hands of her hubby which almost ended her life...

Aigbe said, “The first time the slap came, it felt like I was dreaming. I wasn’t expecting it and I was shocked beyond words. I didn’t know it was going to happen but it happened. The begging would then come after that. Once a man raises his hand to hit you, he is going to do it over and again. However, because it was my second attempt (at marriage), I was ready to make it work, even with all the violence. I was there hoping and praying. I just wanted a happy home.

“The incident that broke the camel’s back was the one where I almost died. The beating was horrible. People often say actresses don’t want to remain married. Who told them that? (You think) being a celebrity doesn’t make me human? Does (being a celebrity) mean I don’t want to have a happy home? They say actresses are promiscuous but promiscuity is not (the exclusive preserve of) any profession. When mine (break-up) happened, it wasn’t easy because I am a celebrity. I read a lot of things online. Some people even said I made it up. But, nobody can dictate to me how to live my life.”

Encouraging women to speak up when they are assaulted by their husbands. Mercy who recently released a movie titled, 'Victims', which has domestic violence as its theme, further said, “I have been through domestic violence and I came out strong. I would love to see the end of domestic violence in society. It wasn’t easy for me because society always shames one. Everybody believes if one is experiencing domestic violence, one has to be patient as a woman and take it all to remain in one’s husband’s house. A lot of people have lost their lives as a result of domestic violence. And religion is not helping. An assaulted woman could go to her pastor and the cleric would say, ‘Oh madam, you need to keep praying’. Is it until she loses her life?”
See more here
https://sleekgist.com/entertainment/my-first-slap-from-hubby-felt-like-a-dream-actress-mercy-aigbe-recounts-marital-experience/

Re: First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by popsy2(m): 8:13am On Feb 09, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by oglalasioux(m): 8:17am On Feb 09, 2020
Is the last picture on the right her husband?
Re: First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by PureGoldh(m): 8:42am On Feb 09, 2020
Eeeheya
Re: First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by Tallesty1(m): 9:06am On Feb 09, 2020
Why did he slap you?

1 Like

Re: First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by yanabasee(m): 9:54am On Feb 09, 2020
That farm tool that run her mouth anyhow.....
Re: First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by Bonebreaker(m): 10:13am On Feb 09, 2020
Lol after the slap she believe
Re: First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by Olalan(m): 11:04am On Feb 09, 2020
We need to know why he slapped you........a dog wouldn't bark for no reason.

1 Like

Re: First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by solmus: 12:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
wetin you sef do am,
Re: First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by Randy100: 1:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
When you enter your third marriage, let us know.

1 Like

Re: First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by SavageResponse(m): 2:52pm On Feb 09, 2020
Without makeup most women are nothing
Re: First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 09, 2020
Eyahhh aunty sorry ooooo next time learn how to respect your husband.

1 Like

Re: First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by mechanics(m): 4:27pm On Feb 09, 2020
it's better she stays in her husband's house and suffer as a Christian than to divorce him and at the end suffer tell eternity.
Re: First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by omobacyprus(m): 6:31pm On Feb 09, 2020
mechanics:
it's better she stays in her husband's house and suffer as a Christian than to divorce him and at the end suffer tell eternity.
Pastor Chris nko

1 Like

Re: First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by mechanics(m): 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
omobacyprus:
Pastor Chris nko
Yeah, I know about his own case, what he did was wrong and a sin in the sight of God, just because he did that does not mean you should do the same.
Re: First Slap From Hubby Felt Like A Dream - Mercy Aigbe Recounts Bitter Marriage by NobleAngell(f): 6:45pm On Feb 09, 2020
Domestic violence.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Narrate Scary Encounters With Women Who Slept Over At Their Houses / Mr Ibu's First Son Slams His Father's Wife Stella Maris As He Defends His Father / Why Tems Always Hides Her Backside| The Sorrowful And Rich Life Of Tems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.