Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Must We Shout While We Pray? (god Is Not Deaf). - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must We Shout While We Pray? (god Is Not Deaf). (2173 Views)

10 Sermons Most Young Ladies Will Likely Turn Deaf Ears To / Must We Shout When We Pray? / Can We Pray Together? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must We Shout While We Pray? (god Is Not Deaf). by Viciyke(m): 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2010
Recently i went 2 visit a friend in d morning n i encountered a little disagreement between a landlord and tenant. What actually happened was dat in the nite the tenant (who happens 2 b a stunch born again) was praying n shouting at the top of voice in d very middle of the nite when people ar either resting from a hard days work or sleeping. According 2 her neighbours she does it a lot of times, and attempts to talk to her has fallen on deaf ears.

On this particular nite, the landlord happens 2 b around n was vry disturbed wen he couldn't sleep in the nite because of this woman's shouting (prayer). So he went up 2 her room n knocked at d same time asking her 2 reduce her voice so dat he n d neighbours can get some sleep. The following conversations took place.

Landlord: (knocking) "Madam pls reduce ur voice so dat me n d neighbours can get some sleep.

Woman (Prayer warrior): "I bind d spirit of distraction in my life".

After series of attempt which d woman refused 2 bend to, d landlord left.

First thing in the morning, the landlord went 2 the woman's apartment n accosted her and asked her why she was shouting in the top of voice in d middle of the nite all in the name of prayers. She was shocked n asked if landlord was d one knocking, dat she wasn't aware but that dats how she prays n the landlord got angry n asked her "IS YOUR GOD DEAF". if u continue like dis because i don't live permanently in dis compound, then i'll b forced 2 ask u 2 pack 4 constituting nuisance 2 ur neighbours.

Seriously speaking, i heard the woman has complied. So am jus wondering if prayer must b prayed in such ways even though u ar making ur neighbours uncomfortable and also if not 4 d landlords' intervention, can't dis woman realise dat she is disturbing her neighbours.

Also, i bliv God is not deaf, God can answer all prayers (Whether shouting or in silence) as long as it is prayed in d right way n wholeheartedly.

Thanks.
Re: Must We Shout While We Pray? (god Is Not Deaf). by poweredcom(m): 10:44pm On Dec 13, 2010
That kind of prayer is what make me hate these days Christain, they are just ignorant and no sense at all, they are Bomboklatts

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-566857.32.html#msg7328884
Re: Must We Shout While We Pray? (god Is Not Deaf). by Image123(m): 1:56am On Dec 14, 2010
She wanted to scare the devil to pieces, maybe.lol
Re: Must We Shout While We Pray? (god Is Not Deaf). by manmustwac(m): 9:26am On Dec 14, 2010
It must be a sign of desperation. (imaginary) God is not answering their prayers.
Re: Must We Shout While We Pray? (god Is Not Deaf). by KunleOshob(m): 9:40am On Dec 14, 2010
She is probably a member of MFM. They teach their members to scream when they pray.
Re: Must We Shout While We Pray? (god Is Not Deaf). by Joagbaje(m): 11:26am On Dec 14, 2010
As much as we have right to worship God with liberty , we ought not to disturb other people. If you must ray loud which cannot be avoided sometimes, then you need to go to a place by yourself like Jesus did.

Luke 6:12
12 And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God
Re: Must We Shout While We Pray? (god Is Not Deaf). by PastorAIO: 12:22pm On Dec 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

As much as we have right to worship God with liberty , we ought not to disturb other people. If you must ray loud which cannot be avoided sometimes, then you need to go to a place by yourself like Jesus did.

Luke 6:12
12 And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God

Where does it say in that passage that Jesus was shouting? Did he go to the mountain to shout? Or is there another reason he went to the mountain. When moses climbed the mountain to talk to God is it so that he could shout and not disturb the children of Israel?

Menh, I tire for you sef, you this guy.

1 Like

Re: Must We Shout While We Pray? (god Is Not Deaf). by Joagbaje(m): 12:54pm On Dec 14, 2010
^^^^
my emphasis is not the shouting of Jesus but the fact that he excused himself from others.
Re: Must We Shout While We Pray? (god Is Not Deaf). by PastorAIO: 12:57pm On Dec 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

^^^^
my emphasis is not the shouting of Jesus but the fact that he excused himself from others.

Okay, I get your point.
Re: Must We Shout While We Pray? (god Is Not Deaf). by ogajim(m): 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2010
There is nowhere in the Bible Christians admonished to SHOUT their prayers to God, Jesus Christ even gave us the GUIDELINES of prayer that today's "word/spirit of faith" movement deem not enough. "You must now will" all your needs and if you have FAITH, God will answer your prayers now" . Where is God's will in that kind of prayer?
Re: Must We Shout While We Pray? (god Is Not Deaf). by Jenwitemi(m): 2:45pm On Dec 15, 2010
As God is supposed to be closer to us than our skin(meaning that God is within us), prayers don't even have to be verbally delivered to be heard, talk less of shouting them and disturbing the peace of others.

(1) (Reply)

Question For Believers And Non Believers / [###decoration] Janmashtami Krishna Temple Decoration Ideas, Krishna Mandir / I Need Good Muslim To Answer This Quetion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.