Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? (6408 Views)

IELTS: 'very Brilliant' And 'very Huge' Are Wrong Expressions. Find Out Why? / You Are Intelligent If You Have One Of This Manifestations Of Intellect / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Ademola47(m): 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2020
Brilliance and Intelligence are two words often use to describe intellectual people.

The two are sometimes used synonymously.

Now to the Good people of Nairaland, What's the difference between the two?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by bigiyaro(m): 6:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
OP do you know the difference between complete and finish?

10 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Azeh(m): 6:14pm On Feb 09, 2020
??

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by donbachi(m): 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2020
One na naija jollof rice while d other na ghana jollof rice.
Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by TypicalPitah(m): 6:48pm On Feb 09, 2020
The taste is the difference, the difference is in the taste

4 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Moneyfem: 7:09pm On Feb 09, 2020
Intelligence is a more holistic concept. We have academic, emotional, social, digital intelligence, etc. A person of high IQ will not only be good at books but at other things also.

On the other hand, brilliance is that natural sharpness of a person in a particular line, eg academics.

Bottom Line

For you to be intelligent, that means you're brilliant because brilliance is an integral of intelligence. So, you're free to interchange them.

26 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by candelahria(f): 8:12pm On Feb 09, 2020
Gbam!!!
Moneyfem:
Intelligence is a more holistic concept. We have academic, emotional, social, digital intelligence, etc. A person of high IQ will not only be good at books but at other things also.

On the other hand, brilliance is that natural sharpness of a person in a particular line, eg academics.

Bottom Line

For you to be intelligent, that means you're brilliant because brilliance is an integral of intelligence. So, you're free to interchange them.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Bigmanpickin: 8:27pm On Feb 09, 2020
You are intelligent because you are a homo sapien, you will be brilliant if you put in more effort or if you are talented in that field

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Nickshrapnel: 8:57pm On Feb 09, 2020
Intelligence is the quality of a being to be very smart and well-informed. ... Both, intelligence and brilliance are mental abilities. One needs to be very sharp in adapting these qualities. Intelligence is developed from childhood, whereas, brilliance is a brightness of giving ideas and suggestions on something.

Quora.
Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by tydi(m): 9:31pm On Feb 09, 2020
bigiyaro:

if op had used smartness and intelligence we for know say him get small sense
Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Sabby1(m): 9:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
bigiyaro:
I reserve my comment
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by LosC: 11:41pm On Feb 09, 2020
TypicalPitah:
The taste is the difference, the difference is in the taste

Indomie generation

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by LosC: 11:43pm On Feb 09, 2020
Brilliant is related to books and Intelligent is related to other things Brilliant is not related to...

Chai... Sense will not kill me

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by MasonKendall(m): 6:20am On Feb 10, 2020
This is a brilliant question.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:37am On Feb 10, 2020
Lemme ask President Buhari for the answer grin grin
Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by adebayour26: 8:00am On Feb 10, 2020
Brilliance is related to good knowledge of an aspect (more specifically academics) but intelligence is having a vast knowledge about many things.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by TheChameleon: 8:11am On Feb 10, 2020
Personally from experience.

Brilliance = book knowledge. Ability to memorize is also brilliance. You can see some 1st Class students who are still unable to think on a complex level.

Intelligence = more complex. Some people are not book literate, but they have an uncanny grasp of business concepts.

I think Brilliance is more focused, more localized and Intelligence is far wider and general.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Ademola47(m): 9:08am On Feb 10, 2020
Waiting for more replies....
Oga Lalasticlala, Fynestboi and Richiez please help move to fp
Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by tompat86(m): 9:40am On Feb 10, 2020
bigiyaro:
When ur wife is pregnant,u are COMPLETE
If ur Girlfriend is pregnant,u are FINISHED
AND if they get pregnant at dsame time,then you r COMPLETELY FINISHED... grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Kylekent59: 11:38am On Feb 10, 2020
Intelligence comes with wisdom, While brilliance comes with skills.

When I ask you a question about a book, you answer correctly ; that's brilliance

When I ask you a question outside the book, you answer correctly ; that's intelligence.

1. What is 6 X 4?

ans= 24

2. Three men fell into a pool, two of the three men's hair got wet while one wasn't wet. How?

ans: he is bald

Question one shows brilliance

Question two shows Intelligence

A = [ 1,2,3,4,5]

B= [2,3]

C= [1,4]

B can be found in A.

A means intelligence

B means brilliance.

C means Smart

When you are intelligent; you are brilliant and smart.

Adams Oshomole is intelligent

FFK is brilliant

Femi Adesina and lai Mohammed are smart.
Hope it's clear.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by bigiyaro(m): 12:19pm On Feb 10, 2020
tompat86:
When ur wife is pregnant,u are COMPLETE If ur Girlfriend is pregnant,u are FINISHED AND if they get pregnant at dsame time,then you r COMPLETELY FINISHED... grin grin
lolz

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Awkuzuboi(m): 2:23pm On Feb 10, 2020
Ademola47:
Brilliance and Intelligence are two words often use to describe intellectual people.

The two are sometimes used synonymously.

Now to the Good people of Nairaland, What's the difference between the two?

Intelligent question
tompat86:

When ur wife is pregnant,u are COMPLETE
If ur Girlfriend is pregnant,u are FINISHED
AND if they get pregnant at dsame time,then you r COMPLETELY FINISHED... grin grin
Kylekent59:
Intelligence comes with wisdom, While brilliance comes with skills.

When I ask you a question about a book, you answer correctly ; that's brilliance

When I ask you a question outside the book, you answer correctly ; that's intelligence.

1. What is 6 X 4?

ans= 24

2. Three men fell into a pool, two of the three men's hair got wet while one wasn't wet. How?

ans: he is bald

Question one shows brilliance

Question two shows Intelligence

A = [ 1,2,3,4,5]

B= [2,3]

C= [1,4]

B can be found in A.

A means intelligence

B means brilliance.

C means Smart

When you are intelligent; you are brilliant and smart.

Adams Oshomole is intelligent

FFK is brilliant

Femi Adesina and lai Mohammed are smart.
Hope it's clear.
brilliant answer

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Professorcplus(m): 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2020
Brilliant and intelligent. wait first let me go and come and go come grin
Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Nadison1311(m): 3:12pm On Feb 10, 2020
Here to read and learn

Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Sexyliciousbri: 4:05pm On Feb 10, 2020
Intelligent : having a highly developed ability to learn facts and skills and apply them

Brilliant : showing exceptional intelligence, ability, skill, or talent
Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by german01(m): 4:58pm On Feb 10, 2020
Synonyms
Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by djoe21(m): 5:21pm On Feb 10, 2020
Moneyfem:

Bottom Line

"....For you to be intelligent, that means you're brilliant..." I think you meant it the other way round as brilliance should be a subset of intelligence; just as your writeup explained. Nice explanation though.
Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Moneyfem: 3:52am On Feb 11, 2020
djoe21:

"....For you to be intelligent, that means you're brilliant..." I think you meant it the other way round as brilliance should be a subset of intelligence; just as your writeup explained. Nice explanation though.

Check my explanation in the bottom line. I said, ''brilliance is an integral(a subset) of intelligence.''
Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Ademola47(m): 4:48pm On Apr 12, 2020
Waiting for more replies
Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 12, 2020
Bigmanpickin:
You are intelligent because you are a homosapien, you will be brilliant if you put in more effort or if you are talented in that field.
Great comment. The bolded resonates with me.
Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Ademola47(m): 8:17pm On Oct 03, 2020
Still on this...
Re: What's The Difference Between Being Brilliant And Intelligent? by Ademola47(m): 5:58pm On May 18, 2021
Moneyfem:

Bottom Line

Noted, awaiting more response please..

(1) (Reply)

Info On Uniuyo 2012/2013 Aptitude Test / My Cgpa Is Currently 1.8, Can I Still Make A 2.1? / CIROMA CHUKWUMA ADEKUNLE HAS FINALLY PASSED WAEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.