Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid (1083 Views)

Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix / DSS Statement Is An Agenda To Arrest Opposition Leaders In Nigeria – Pa Adebanjo / Adesina: African Lender Agrees On Independent Probe Of AfDB President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by MetaPhysical: 7:48pm On Feb 09, 2020
To The Director,
Development Agenda for Western Nigeria,

Sango Olukoso, a symbol of Power - Energy, Light & Heat!

Sango is a representation as deity of divine energy and mythical power. In his raised hand he holds an OSE, a staff of his ASE.

ASE is a Yoruba term that means an authority that emanates from divine power.

ASE was first Latinized as AXE´ and later Anglicized into "axe", a powerful utility tool for chopping down obstacles along one's path, and or converting energy by breaking huge trunks of trees down into manageable pieces of firewood used in producing Energy, Light and Heat.

Before development of power tools and vessels which now use combustion engine and stored battery cell, steam engines were powered using coal. Steam-Engine boats, Steam-Engine trains, Boilers, Steam-Valve pneumatics, and so on... The steam-engine depended on naturally mined coal or artificially manufactured coal using wood as raw materials. In both cases, the "axe" remained a handy tool for coal miners and for wood harvesters.

Post steam-engine age, electricity became the mainstream producer of Energy, Light and Heat.

The term electricity was derived from Electra, Greek goddess of rainstorm and cloud energy. In Greek mythology Thor was the thunder god. The marriage or combination of both produce Electromagnetic charges and the genesis of electricity.

In Yoruba civilization, Oya is the goddess of rain and wind storms and clouds, while Sango is god of thunder. Hence we say "Sango oko Oya" to denote the coupling of both to produce electric charges and lightning bolt.

For this reason Sango was adopted at the formation of Nigerian Electric Power Authority, NEPA, as a symbolic statue of its authority or ASE to deliver Energy, Light and Heat to industrial and private consumers in Nigeria.

It is time for Yoruba civilization to revisit and redeem the symbolic image of Sango. His mythical and divine authority should both be symbolized and tapped, using modernity and knowledge of scientific discoveries to actualize and make Energy, Light and Heat an available utility product for all the lands in Nigeria recognized as Yoruba civilization...i.e, Western Nigeria.

It should be noted that Western Nigeria was the first, through colonial influence, to pioneer both steam engine and electricity in Nigeria.

Western Nigeria, through DAWN influence, should divest itself from the Nigerian Power generation and distribution system and create an independent Energy, Light and Heat production and distribution grid to serve its domain of civilization.

Oodua Agbe Wa O!

6 Likes

Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by danietohbadt(m): 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2020
Haaaaaa! nkan be!
Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
Oh my! Oh my!

As great as this sounds, it is going to be killed by those in power.

We need our country ooooooooooooooo.

I can't shout it loud enough.

Yorubas need their country.

That is when all these developments can happen.

Have you ever entered the metro in Dubai?

Now imagine that crisscrossing the entire length and breadth of Oodua land.

That can only be possible in a Yoruba nation.

DAWN should focus on liberating Yorubas from this forced marriage called Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by LegendHero(m): 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2020
DAWN should as a matter of fact heed to the call!

After solving the issue of electricity and putting the Yorubas on an independent power grid, there are still things to do.

They should organize an Agricultural revolution such that the citizens of the great Yoruba in both home and diaspora will invest in a central common wealth with the coalition with the 6 SW governors to create a mechanized agricultural farming system.

With electricity in place, we can get tractors/mechanized farming practices and irrigation farming system in our lands and help the farmers by creating siloed area like cold room where farm produce can be stored to preserve them and have a market for those goods.

The Yorubas should start leading the front once more like our baba nla used to do.

This is just an idea from a high level explanation.

2 Likes

Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by MetaPhysical: 12:19am On Feb 10, 2020
FrLukas:
Oh my! Oh my!

As great as this sounds, it is going to be killed by those in power.

We need our country ooooooooooooooo.

I can't shout it loud enough.

Yorubas need their country.

That is when all these developments can happen.

Have you ever entered the metro in Dubai?

Now imagine that crisscrossing the entire length and breadth of Oodua land.

That can only be possible in a Yoruba nation.

DAWN should focus on liberating Yorubas from this forced marriage called Nigeria.

Very courageous input. DAWN's mandate is for development, they will be overstepping their charter if they should engage in what you described.

We already have a traditional political institute whose role it would be to do what you are suggesting. They do not act on their own, it would take a concensus and a marching order to get them into action for such end goal.

In an unrelated post, elsewhere...I commented that "Yoruba respond to political challenges in a wave....not as a drip". This has deep meaning. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by MetaPhysical: 12:32am On Feb 10, 2020
LegendHero:
DAWN should as a matter of fact heed to the call!

After solving the issue of electricity and putting the Yorubas on an independent power grid, there are still things to do.

They should organize an Agricultural revolution such that the citizens of the great Yoruba in both home and diaspora will invest in a central common wealth with the coalition with the 6 SW governors to create a mechanized agricultural farming system.

With electricity in place, we can get tractors/mechanized farming practices and irrigation farming system in our lands and help the farmers by creating siloed area like cold room where farm produce can be stored to preserve them and have a market for those goods.

The Yorubas should start leading the front once more like our baba nla used to do.

This is just an idea from a high level explanation.

Plenty more to do!

I agree bro, particularly in areas of food sufficiency and social services program.

Some developments should be delayed for maximized benefits. Whatever we develop now will end up bringing in a flood of migrants under the Constitutional Acts and thereby deny Yoruba citizens the benefits intended.

Non-Yorubas will demand inclusion and ultimately ruin it.

Power and Energy is different because it is immovable as an infrastructure but can be an enabling vehicle for monopolies in Yoruba advantage.

1 Like

Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:13am On Feb 10, 2020
The entity Nigeria was made to fail
Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by BabaEleyele: 2:38am On Feb 10, 2020
Unfortunately all these aspirations lofty as they are, would only be feasible in an independent Yoruba nation...
as an Igbo I know Yorubas more than have what it takes to emerge a major power bloc in no short time, Nigeria as a project is a killer of dreams.

2 Likes

Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by TAO11(f): 5:01am On Feb 10, 2020
Sango holds an OṢÉ, not ASE.

Update OP!

cc: MetaPhysical

1 Like

Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by Nobody: 5:02am On Feb 10, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by MetaPhysical: 5:27am On Feb 10, 2020
TAO11:
Sango holds an OṢÉ, not ASE.

Update OP!

cc: MetaPhysical

Thanks for the correction TAO!

Is the OSE a staff of ASE?
Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by MetaPhysical: 5:31am On Feb 10, 2020
Beachside:
Nigerians should discard baseless terms . Just say Yorubaland,instead of "Western " . Nigeria is a fictitious entity . Yorubaland or whatever you chose to call it is the real nation like Netherlands,Lithuania,Japan,Botswana ,etc.
Yoruba land is the same landmass as Portugal ,Greece,or Czech republic.

Agreed!

That map is not true representation of Yorubaland. I do not see Odo Oya, our Northern boundary on the map.

By cutting Odo Oya off, you excise a Yoruba dynasty and the Oba of Jebba. His domain is up to the banks of River Niger.
Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by olaboy33(m): 6:09am On Feb 10, 2020
National Grid has been one of the stumbling blocks of constant electricity in Nigeria.

States or regions can effectively provide enough electricity for their use and even supply neighboring states in the same region without having to contribute to the National grid and get wasted.

Lagos has enough water power and money to provide good and with time constant power for the southwest.

Oil rich rivers and Bayelsa can do same for the south south.

Kano and Kaduna can do same for the Birth west

And so on.

We can't keep on doing the same thing and expect different results. It's high time we broke the norm and so extraordinary things to get extraodinary results

1 Like

Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 10, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Very courageous input. DAWN's mandate is for development, they will be overstepping their charter if they should engage in what you described.

We already have a traditional political institute whose role it would be to do what you are suggesting. They do not act on their own, it would take a concensus and a marching order to get them into action for such end goal.

In an unrelated post, elsewhere...I commented that "Yoruba respond to political challenges in a wave....not as a drip". This has deep meaning. grin

Well said.

I just think that DAWN may have the intelligence (information) and clout needed to push this, in a non confrontational manner of course. At least the 6 SW governors listen to them.

They are like Yoruba's CIA, I think.
Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by MaliqHassan: 8:02am On Feb 10, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Well said.

I just think that DAWN may have the intelligence (information) and clout needed to push this, in a non confrontational manner of course. At least the 6 SW governors listen to them.

[/s]
Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by MetaPhysical: 11:45am On Feb 10, 2020
FrLukas:

Well said.

Yes they do but we must follow ideally and observe principles and careful not to destroy virtues in the institutions we create. An institution created to give us development agenda can indeed support political agenda, but it must not originate one.
Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 10, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Yes they do but we must follow ideally and observe principles and careful not to destroy virtues in the institutions we create. An institution created to give us development agenda can indeed support political agenda, but it must not originate one.

I understand your point.
Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by TAO11(f): 12:08pm On Feb 10, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Thanks for the correction TAO!

Is the OSE a staff of ASE?

No problem!

The most that I know about OSE Sango is that it represents a double-edged axe.

And I beleive OSE Sango actually has the power of Ase

1 Like

Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by MetaPhysical: 12:14pm On Feb 10, 2020
TAO11:

No problem!

The most that I know about OSE Sango is that it represents a double-edged axe.

And I beleive OSE Sango actually has the power of Ase

Modified, thanks! wink

1 Like

Re: Dawn, Initiate An Agenda To Put Western Nigeria On Independent Power Grid by TAO11(f): 11:01pm On Feb 10, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Modified, thanks! wink

Awesome brother!

Just for fun:
I actually love to think that Sango's actual OSE which he takes along with himself in ancient times must have looked quite close to the image below than it may have been to the representation often carried by Sango devotees today.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

US Approves Anti-malarial Drug To Treat Coronavirus: Trump / Seeking Information On Col. Rudolph Trimnell / Mysterious Deaths In Kano Not Caused By Covid-19 – Emir Of Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.