Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Ask What Your Country Can Do For You: The Case Of Abia. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ask What Your Country Can Do For You: The Case Of Abia. (238 Views)

Ogbonnaya Onu is dead! (Ex-Governor of Abia State dies at 72) / For Those Who Always Ask What Obi Would Have Done Differently / INEC Declares PDP's Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia State Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask What Your Country Can Do For You: The Case Of Abia. by CsRockefeller(m): 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2020
know that you must have had some clichés like

"Nigerian graduates are unemployable"
"In life you need to work smart and not hard"
"Your network is your networth"
"You should have made at least a 2.1"
"Get hand skills"

To mention but a few.

In extreme cases, people have told you that you are not employed because you are in a local church, you don't meet the high and mighty, you don't fast and pray well enough. To mention but few.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm here to tell you that's all wrong. It's crap, BS and it's a narrative formed to keep you from looking at the main pic and asking the right questions.

You may or may not have heard about the recent discovery of how Fmr Governor of Abia state: Gov. Theodore Orji with his sons plundered Abia for 8 years. You may or may not have heard about the recovered loot about to the repatriated back to Nigeria from the famous Abacha loot running into close to $4 billion.

I promise not to make this post lengthy so, I will go to the salient point.

You are jobless because your Government had, has decided to keep you there. With my little knowledge of the circular flow of income, if you understand it, you would agree with me that the Government is the first on that diagram. The Government is the recognised authority to collect income/revenue and distribute it to other channels in that flow chart. When there is a disruption, a variable suffers for it. That variable is you and I. The civil servants, the public servants, the employees, the biz owners. That variable is all of us like kids looking up to our elder one to send down our share of the cake.

What the Orjis did for 8 years was deliberate and systematic to keep over 3 million people in different classes of poverty. Some where unemployed, some where under employed, some where under paid and some where never paid. 3 persons, deciding the economic fate of a whole state.

That's just 1 state in 36. Abacha was 1 president in 10. What about the others? Nigeria is being looted daily, every minute, every second. Someone has to pay for it, unfortunately, it's you and I.

The experience is Lagos, Abuja and Ph is relatively different because of certain factors but not immune to this disruption or disease. That's why everyone from everywhere flock in these places especially Lagos. Maybe FDI have helped but the challenge is still there. Lagos should be paying 50k as minimum wage.

You have a degree, probably a masters yet, no job or you are under employed. You decide to go into a biz, yet, no patronise. You can't rise above ylthe economic situation of a plays long as you are in that circle (the circular flow of income)

What do some do? They relocate, get out and start making a living in countries that work. So they send remittances and by pass the Government. Some get foreign aid through their NGOs. But you buy goods here, you pay for services here. When these monies get to the Government, instead of that flow to continue, they withhold it or send it down in trickles. So you are broke again, your biz is not moving anymore, you ask those outside for more funds, they are surprised and tired and the circle continues.

Having a Biz won't completely solve it. Less than 1 million people have pushed over a 100million people to different form and classes of poverty.

Going for masters and adding more qualifications won't solve it. Best is you will be under paid.

You are not employed because those responsible for distributing income have cornered it.

They have refused to build hospitals and equip them thus, the doctor can't find any job. They have refused to award road contracts, thus, the engineers can't find work. They have refused to pay the civil servants their salaries thus, the market and biz persons can't sell their products and services.

It's a circle and one side is enjoying the benefits alone in the form of embezzlement.

Two options, leave this country or fight to get it back.

To those who have miraculously manage to escape the unemployment, under employment, under payment, low wages and no wages/salaries. I emphatically say that you miraculously managed to escape, what about your kids, your grand kids? What future do they have?

It's a rat race, and you have been the lucky rat. The hammer can fall at anytime as long as those monsters continue to short change us.

Nigeria is a country with abundant resources, yet, it's people are in lack.

Who will bell the cat?

1 Like

Re: Ask What Your Country Can Do For You: The Case Of Abia. by nlPoster: 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
A lot of comparisons between past US events and Nigeria these days.
Re: Ask What Your Country Can Do For You: The Case Of Abia. by majamajic(m): 3:11pm On Feb 10, 2020
So no hope
Re: Ask What Your Country Can Do For You: The Case Of Abia. by jrjfjfj: 3:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
Abia is dead on arrival grin grin NAZI LAMIDI COWNU STATE grin grin THE EASTERN DISGRACE WITH A KEROSENE GOVERNOR.Abeg make I leave before iPod finish me grin

(1) (Reply)

How Late Sen Uwajumogu And I Survived Mace Theft Saga- Omo-agege / Federal Government Reveals Ways Boko Haram Can Be Stopped / Ondo 2020: Akeredolu Accepts Calls To Contest For Another Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.