Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,470 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? (8464 Views)

3 University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Students Graduate With Perfect CGPA Of 7.0 / I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ / Meet Jane Onyinyechi Ogwo, FUTO Best Graduating Student With CGPA Of 4.9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by anuofGod(f): 4:54pm On Feb 10, 2020
I'm a fresh graduate, please can i go for masters degree with a cgpa of 2.93?
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2020
Yes, you can. Go online and do thorough research. You will find schools willing to accept you to study your desired post graduate program

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by Goldencheese(m): 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2020
anuofGod:

Definitely. In all universities within or outside Nigeria sef.
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by anuofGod(f): 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
Goldencheese:

thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by anuofGod(f): 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
justnock:
Yes, you can. Go online and do thorough research. You will find schools willing to accept you to study your desired post graduate program

thanks so much.
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by Goldencheese(m): 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2020
anuofGod:

thanks so much.

You are welcome.
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by KingsJohnson(m): 7:12pm On Feb 10, 2020
Yes

Check my signature and start saving money for that investment or Project
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by femi4: 5:47am On Feb 11, 2020
anuofGod:
yes, some schools accept 2.8 and above
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by Kingrexyl(m): 7:02am On Feb 11, 2020
anuofGod:
Yes you can, but go and hustle first, because I've seen people with masters without job as well.
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by BoboKush(m): 8:23am On Feb 11, 2020
Goldencheese:

Why are you deceiving ha
Most schools accept 3.0 cgpa or 2.1
You will have to do PGD first
Or search for few universities that accept 2.2

3 Likes

Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by Ebenezar2020(m): 10:48am On Feb 11, 2020
anuofGod:
why did you graduate with 2.93?

1 Like

Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by Caymen: 11:05am On Feb 11, 2020
[s]
Ebenezar2020:
[/s]
see gammer cheesy

first nairaland graduate grin

5 Likes

Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 11, 2020
BoboKush:

Why are you deceiving ha

Not true.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by Goldencheese(m): 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2020
BoboKush:

Why are you deceiving ha

Deceive. No na. Yes, schools will request 2.1 but a good 2.2 like 2.93 will fly. Any University will take you. I stand by my word.
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by BoboKush(m): 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2020
Goldencheese:

Deceive. No na. Yes, schools will request 2.1 but a good 2.2 like 2.93 will fly. Any University will take you. I stand by my word.

Mayb u shld list them because unilag, UI... Major university won't take it so where did u get ur information from..... Get ur findings first before u give advice.... Else u give wrong information.... Only few schs accept 2.2 esp if cgpa no reach 3.0
Thank u
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by BoboKush(m): 9:19pm On Feb 11, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Not true.

List public universities that accept less than 3.0 cgpa.... Do wel to list well recognised universities.... I Wil be here
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by Goldencheese(m): 1:36am On Feb 12, 2020
BoboKush:

Mayb u shld list them because unilag, UI... Major university won't take it so where did u get ur information from..... Get ur findings first before u give advice.... Else u give wrong information.... Only few schs accept 2.2 esp if cgpa no reach 3.0
Thank u

This is very childish to me. Many universities write entrance exams for their Master's programmes and also conduct entrance interviews. Those measures are put in place to get to prove the quality of students they are admitting. If a 2.2 candidate performs better than a 2.1 candidate in these exams and interviews, and there's no bias, they pick the person. If you say a third class degree holder needs PGD, I would agree with you. But a second class lower degree graduate can go for his or her Master's anywhere in the world. And if he or she even performs well at the Master's level scoring 4.0 CGPA, the person can even be admitted into a Ph.D. programme. I know universities where Master's students with second-class lower degrees made it to their PhD programmes and those with second class upper degrees didn't make the cut-off point for their Ph.D. I also know professors that had 2.2 first degrees and teach in public universities and people who did their Master's programmes in those universities you mentioned but had 2.2.

OP, the world is your oyster. You either believe in yourself or in naysayers. Work hard; don't let your certificate stop you. Be trainable. Learn to learn. Increase your work rate and become a 21st century smart worker. In my career, I ran into this 2.2 UI graduate who had his Master's from Lag and I think crowned it with a Ph.D. from a private University much later. The man changed my life. He was suave, polished, hardworking, very, very creative and brilliant and he changed my life for good. I owe the success of my career to him because he mentored me and gave me the skills that enabled me have an edge in my career while working under him.

I rest my case. Won't discuss this issue further.

Thanks.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by anuofGod(f): 11:31am On Feb 12, 2020
Ebenezar2020:

I don't owe you an explanation.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by BoboKush(m): 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2020
Goldencheese:

This is very childish to me. Many universities write entrance exams for their Master's programmes and also conduct entrance interviews. Those measures are put in place to get to prove the quality of students they are admitting. If a 2.2 candidate performs better than a 2.1 candidate in these exams and interviews, and there's no bias, they pick the person. If you say a third class degree holder needs PGD, I would agree with you. But a second class lower degree graduate can go for his or her Master's anywhere in the world. And if he or she even performs well at the Master's level scoring 4.0 CGPA, the person can even be admitted into a Ph.D. programme. I know universities where Master's students with second-class lower degrees made it to their PhD programmes and those with second class upper degrees didn't make the cut-off point for their Ph.D. I also know professors that had 2.2 first degrees and teach in public universities and people who did their Master's programmes in those universities you mentioned but had 2.2.

OP, the world is your oyster. You either believe in yourself or in naysayers. Work hard; don't let your certificate stop you. Be trainable. Learn to learn. Increase your work rate and become a 21st century smart worker. In my career, I ran into this 2.2 UI graduate who had his Master's from Lag and I think crowned it with a Ph.D. from a private University much later. The man changed my life. He was suave, polished, hardworking, very, very creative and brilliant and he changed my life for good. I owe the success of my career to him because he mentored me and gave me the skills that enabled me have an edge in my career while working under him.

Thanks.

All these gibberish didn't answer what I said..... List the sch that accept 2.2 without PGD u started ranting.... I never ask for stories list the sch

Average federal universities said 2.1 or 2.2 with PGD u r playing emotional game of u wil write exam yen yen yen..... Aw can u write exam u didn't qualify for...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by BoboKush(m): 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2020
Goldencheese:

Thanks.

UI.....
Unilag.....
These are both requirements for masters side by side
I guess u then stop blabbing ur mouth like uncultured swine.... U don't av enough information yet u r saying someone is childish yen yen yen

Having 2.2 isn't the end of the road..... Going for masters or certification I respect the op decision but the truth stil need to be told since thats what he/she request.... Major schools... Universities don't accept less than 3.0 or 2.2 for masters u wil av to do PGD
Or find schools that accept masters with 2.1

I was trying to give op right info m nt mock him/her

Op I wish u the very best kiss

1 Like

Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by sammirano: 8:26pm On Feb 12, 2020
There are schools that accept lower but most repute fed sch accept upper
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by Ujawissy: 8:44pm On Feb 12, 2020
BoboKush:

UI.....
Unilag.....
These are both requirements for masters side by side
I guess u then stop blabbing ur mouth like uncultured swine.... U don't av enough information yet u r saying someone is childish yen yen yen

Having 2.2 isn't the end of the road..... Going for masters or certification I respect the op decision but the truth stil need to be told since thats what he/she request.... Major schools... Universities don't accept less than 3.0 or 2.2 for masters u wil av to do PGD
Or find schools that accept masters with 2.1

I was trying to give op right info m nt mock him/her

Op I wish u the very best kiss
You know nothing, learn from an experienced fellow that wanted to put you through.
Most schools hardly update their websites and that doesn't correlate to reality on ground.
IFE for example will subject you to general pg college assessment which is 2-2 and then departmental based screening tests for some departments same applied to UI, I think unilag also.
You still an undergraduate I guess.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by edoairways: 6:39am On Feb 13, 2020
Goldencheese:

Thanks.
I thought by now we should have outgrown class of degree
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by edoairways: 6:42am On Feb 13, 2020
Ujawissy:

You know nothing, learn from an experienced fellow that wanted to put you through.
Most schools hardly update their websites and that doesn't correlate to reality on ground.
IFE for example will subject you to general pg college assessment which is 2-2 and then departmental based screening tests for some departments same applied to UI, I think unilag also.
BoboKush is right however he didn't state the schools accepting minimum of 3.0 CGPA

1 Like

Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by BoboKush(m): 8:07am On Feb 13, 2020
Ujawissy:

LOL graduate and experienced fellow
A simple question was asked but u r barking like a dog ever since

List schs that accept 2.2 ( less than 3.0 cgpa) for direct masters

I believe u r graduate and u r nt dumb
If u can't answer don't quote me again
Thank you
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by BoboKush(m): 8:08am On Feb 13, 2020
sammirano:
There are schools that accept lower but most repute fed sch accept upper

Bless u for speaking the truth.... Unlike those saying stuff outta emotions as if na emotion them go use do the master..... People hate truth.... They hate reality
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by BoboKush(m): 8:11am On Feb 13, 2020
edoairways:

BoboKush is right however he didn't state the schools accepting minimum of 3.0 CGPA

Ma argument is most school accept 2.1 or 3.0 - 3.5 cgpa for direct masters while anything less u will do PGD unless for few sch that mayb accept less than 3.0 which is wht op was asking

But they said he can do master with 2.9 cgpa direct I asked them to list schools that accept it they couldn't all day just emotional stuff n stories they r putting up... Typical Nigerian without fact yet claim graduate n learn... Smh
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by PQanalysis: 8:55am On Mar 12, 2020
Updated

Get Unilag Postgraduate Entrance Exam PQ @N2500.

Courses included are:
MSc Accounting
Msc Statistics
MSc Economics
MSc Geography
Msc History and Strategic Studies
Msc Production and Operation Management
Masters in Process Engineering
MSc Finance
Msc Chemitry
Msc English Literature
Msc Mass communication
MSc Sociology
MSc Electrical Electronics Engineering
Msc Mechanical Engineering
Msc Construction Management
Msc Cell Biology and Genetics
MSc Biochemistry
MSc Microbiology
MSc Marketing
MSc Operations Management
MSc Environmental toxicology
MSc Computer Science
MIT
MBA
PGD in Education
MSC Biomedical Engineering
@N3000
MPH/MSc Public Health (Comes with a free textbook)
@N4000
MSc Meteorology and Material Engineering

Conctact:
pqanalysis@gmail.com
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by PQanalysis: 12:52pm On Mar 12, 2020
HINT: Unilag PG 2020/2021 Form will be out in..
So many people have been asking when the University of Lagos PG form will be out. Well, the PG school have given a hint already so you can start doing your calculation and preparation because it is almost here. The form is stated to be out by end of March/April, 2020. Attached is the hint.

If you have not started your preparation, this is a wake up call. Don't be caught unawares.

Get Unilag Postgraduate Entrance Exam PQ @N2500.
Courses included are:
MSc Accounting
Msc Statistics
MSc Economics
MSc Geography
Msc History and Strategic Studies
Msc Production and Operation Management
Masters in Process Engineering
MSc Finance
Msc Chemitry
Msc English Literature
Msc Mass communication
MSc Sociology
MSc Electrical Electronics Engineering
Msc Mechanical Engineering
Msc Construction Management
Msc Cell Biology and Genetics
MSc Biochemistry
MSc Microbiology
MSc Marketing
MSc Operations Management
MSc Environmental toxicology
MSc Computer Science
MIT
MBA
PGD in Education
MSC Biomedical Engineering

@5000
MSc Meteorology and Material Engineering (Comprehensive PQ materials)

@N3000
MPH/MSc Public Health (Comes with a free textbook)

Conctact: pqanalysis@gmail.com
Whatssapp: 08151379335[/b

[b]Special Package for MSc Public Health applicants.

Get more info about the program here https://www.nairaland.com/5693824/unilag-msc-public-health-2020.

We have started our online class for Msc Public Health. The numbers are building up already. Don't wait till the group is filled. Join us now.

The PQ + textbook + Group Access is N5000. Get in touch and let the success journey begins.

Get in touch now.
email: pqanalysis@gmail.com
whatsapp: 08151379335

Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 12, 2020
BoboKush:

Why are you deceiving ha Most schools accept 3.0 cgpa or 2.1 You will have to do PGD first Or search for few universities that accept 2.2
Hello sir.
Please what about someone that graduated with a pass
Re: Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? by tataiwo09(m): 10:03pm On Mar 12, 2020
BoboKush:

Thank u

My friend did his msc in UI with CGPA of 2.41/5 .. I hope you know 2:2 starts from 2.41

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Tribe Did The Word Wahala Originate From / UNILORIN 2016/2017 Remedial Thread / Universities Sex Abuse: Aisha Buhari Wants Muslims, Christians To Fight Menace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.