Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,042 members, 7,821,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Who Has Been Paying For VAT From February 1st - February 4th For Us? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Who Has Been Paying For VAT From February 1st - February 4th For Us? (615 Views)

Stop Paying For Canva, Access Canva Free For Lifetime / SOLD!! HP PROBOOK 440 G1 Core i5 (4th Gen) , 4gb RAM @60k / US Used Hp Pavilion X360 Core I3 (4th Gen) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Been Paying For VAT From February 1st - February 4th For Us? by Oladipupo22: 7:10pm On Feb 10, 2020
So I just figured that I didn’t get charged any VAT until February 5th - I don’t know if I’m alone on this one here.

MTN users only though, I don’t use another network so I don’t know.

I think MTN paid VAT for us for this period. Lol
Re: Who Has Been Paying For VAT From February 1st - February 4th For Us? by OlisaOsega87: 7:28pm On Feb 10, 2020
When the federal government increased the Value Added Tax (VAT) from 5% to 7.5%, it raised lots of eyebrows. February 1st was stipulated as a day to start implementation of the new VAT rates but MTN didn’t start till the 5th. Who do you think will pay for the first 4days? Yes MTN

Due to the sudden nature of the increment, MTN decided to bear the cost of the first 4 days to allow it’s esteem customers adjust to the new rates. We should also note that the new VAT rates was solely the decision of the government, MTN and other telecommunications companies had no other choice but to comply.

Oladipupo22:
So I just figured that I didn’t get charged any VAT until February 5th - I don’t know if I’m alone on this one here.

MTN users only though, I don’t use another network so I don’t know.

I think MTN paid VAT for us for this period. Lol

(1) (Reply)

How Do We Unlock An Iphone With US Reseller Flex Policy / Direct Dell Inspirion 120gb 2gb Ram 30k With Charger / Need Help!! Can 160k Get Me A Desktop With With A Core I3 Processor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.