Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out (2340 Views)

Al Jazeera & Reuters call Nnamdi Kanu a Separatist leader / Will You Call Nnamdi Kanu SABO? / DSS: We Didn’t Help Nnamdi Kanu To Escape From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Frankdoz8: 7:41pm On Feb 10, 2020
Igbo Leaders Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order Before Another Crisis Erupt; No One Threatens The Police

Concerned citizens, especially of the South East origin, must pay attention to the brewing crisis in the South East in the wake of the burial of HRM Eze Kanu, father of the leader of the Independent People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.

As February 14 draws close, the Abia State Commissioner of Police, Ene Okon has warned IPOB members to steer clear of the burial.

In his words:

“Do you think we will sit down here and allow IPOB to participate in the burial? Whoever thinks along that line is fooling himself. IPOB will dance during the burial and the police elephants will dance too.’’

The Nigerian Police had hinged its stance on the fact that IPOB is a proscribed group and hence cannot be allowed to congregate anywhere in Nigeria, let alone South East.
As you will remember, the group as led by Nnamdi Kanu was proscribed and declared a terrorist group for causing acts of civil disobedience as it demands an independent state of Biafra. The Federal Government noted that activities of the group were similar to those of other terrorist groups.

Little wonder the Abia State Police Commissioner relied on these facts to make his stance. Take a listen to him “I am saying this again for emphasis that there is no way police will allow a proscribed group to participate in the burial of the King and Queen of Afaraukwu simply because they are the parents of their acclaimed leader, we will not allow that and we cannot take anything for granted in the face of abundant intelligence on threat by IPOB’’

Not long did the Police commissioner speak of the alleged threat by IPOB did Nnamdi Kanu, leader of IPOB, issued a life-threatening message on the Nigerian Police and the Commissioner of Police in person.The Founder of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Nnamdi Kanu in a Facebook post threatened to hunt down the children of Abia Police Commissioner, Ene Okon, should there be any killing at the burial ceremony of his parents in Afaraukwu

In his words:

“If Inspector Okon and his commanders come to my father’s house to kill anyone on 14th February 2020 at my parents’ burial, we will hunt down their children.”
These are serious threats that should not be taken lightly. Threatening the Nigerian police is bad enough, let alone children of a Police commissioner.

Nigerians with a good conscience must condemn Nnamdi Kanu’s misguided statement/threat in order to forestall any clash between the security agencies and IPOB. South East political leaders must not play the ostrich and allow their children to be led to the slaughter’s slab by a confused fugitive leader.
No one dares to threaten the number one security agency of a sovereign nation, more so when the threat is coming from a fugitive and the leader of a proscribed terrorist group.
Failure to caution Nnamdi Kanu may lead to loss of lives and properties and by that time no one should blame the Police for doing its job. IPOB has been declared a terrorist organization and until this is annulled, they are not allowed to congregate as a group anywhere in Nigeria.

It is also important to note that the Nigerian Police has promised to provide security if the burial committee sends in a letter and also make sure IPOB is not allowed anywhere close.
Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 10, 2020
Get him arrested once he steps into Nigeria.

Kanu is a fugitive and he should be treated as such

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Citytrend: 7:48pm On Feb 10, 2020
Call a man who what to Bury his parent to Order? Precious me, What the Hell is this man talking about!

I can't seems to pull the psychology behind his comment together

20 Likes

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by kettykings: 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2020
The same police that has continuously failed Nigeria unabetted when and where it mattered most against herdsmen and Boko haram has now found their voice because an unarmed IPOB leader wants to bury his parents , who did this to Nigeria biko nu, Tufiakwa !!!!!!!!!

16 Likes

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by PointB: 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
Was the CP (Police) planning ab initio to kill people at the funeral? Cos I am not understanding?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by goodnessme1(f): 8:00pm On Feb 10, 2020
Did Kanu's family asked for police protection during the burial?

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by overall90: 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2020
Is it a state burial?

what is the CP business with the burial of a private citizen ?

15 Likes

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by ikeyman00(m): 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2020
You see the reason we get mad at people like the poster. You sit at your comfort and type rubbish ba? Last year alone myself drove from Abuja to Sun Rise i was threatened by the zoo police with live guns; but all thanks to Chukwuabiahma i scaled through; my goodness me

If you ever believe IPOB love peaceful protest whereby comrade are getting gunned down by the zoo police you must be deluded i tell yall.

Give them complete machine and see if they would match to Sokoto within 3wks

Our resolve to restore our nation is unmatchable

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by jimyjames(m): 8:22pm On Feb 10, 2020
The parents of nnamdi KANU were both proud Igbos before their deaths , so let ipob bury the father of their leader in peace

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Dreal1247: 8:27pm On Feb 10, 2020
MYETI ALLAH has never been invited for all their atrocities which they boastfully acknowledged being responsible for. Once Southeast,Southwest and Southsouth is involved, this people start flexing their muscles. Very soon this fraudulent one Nigeria will be no more. If Nigeria must remain, then this marginalization, wickedness, cheating and all forms of security forces-backed atrocities must stop.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Arda1000(m): 8:31pm On Feb 10, 2020
hehehe nobody threatings police and go free... say hello to ISWAP and BH...if not that his an Easterner i would have recomend posting him to Borno
Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Evilgenuis: 8:32pm On Feb 10, 2020
Police Elephants...sounds like a football club to me grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Funkeshuga(m): 8:35pm On Feb 10, 2020
but why is Southern police bosses working than Northern police bosses

they carry police works for head pass their counterpart in North

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Biofil84(m): 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2020
Evilgenuis:
Police Elephants...sounds like a football club to me grin grin grin
when I read this I sighed grin

Common check out my signature.
Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by nairalandankrah: 8:38pm On Feb 10, 2020
Igbo have NO Leader
Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by rrreer: 9:06pm On Feb 10, 2020
The police should allow them to bury their dead please. .

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Uteghe(m): 9:08pm On Feb 10, 2020
Kanu hate Akwacross. That's why he's attacking the CP.
Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by MasterKernel: 9:10pm On Feb 10, 2020
EastGold:

And Boko Haram that have killed scores of people, should be pardoned, right?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Afospecialk: 9:11pm On Feb 10, 2020
They should allos him to hunt down Okons family and see if he won't loss thousands of mumu Igbos

Its quite unfortunate that he will never be at war front as a coward as he is but only the gullible IpOB that will suffer it
Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by eagleu: 9:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
When did elders become police deputies?
Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Karemarealty288(m): 9:18pm On Feb 10, 2020
Book haram has not only threatened police but beheading them......why not go after them.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Kokolet11: 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
EastGold:

Go and pick sense where you drop it.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by chat2deen(m): 9:26pm On Feb 10, 2020
Alpa tango over! If u see an albino like cownu on 14th Feb ! Arrest over! He is a wanted fugitive over! A chest beater over! Over and out

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Kokolet11: 9:28pm On Feb 10, 2020
Uteghe:
Kanu hate Akwacross. That's why he's attacking the CP.
Your old format will not work.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Kokolet11: 9:29pm On Feb 10, 2020
Afospecialk:
They should allos him to hunt down Okons family and see if he won't loss thousands of mumu Igbos

Its quite unfortunate that he will never be at war front as a coward as he is but only the gullible IpOB that will suffer it
this one is talking from his father's hut.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by MetaPhysical: 9:30pm On Feb 10, 2020
grin grin grin.
Police dey look for support. You are on your own!

Nigerians with a good conscience must condemn Nnamdi Kanu’s misguided statement/threat in order to forestall any clash between the security agencies and IPOB.

Nigerians with good conscience are behind Kanu. We will condemn the police if you shoot any ipob. There is not going to be a clash and you will not shoot anybody so Okon and his children can be at peace. Those Igbos are people children also.

Moreover, Kanu's parents' home is private property, anyone can gather there if the family approve, it is not govt business since its not public property. Police has no business there.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Otuegbe: 9:36pm On Feb 10, 2020
Which Igbo leader that is bigger than Nnamdi Kanu?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by MetaPhysical: 9:36pm On Feb 10, 2020
overall90:
Is it a state burial?

what is the CP business with the burial of a private citizen ?

Abi o, me sef wonder!

Maybe Buhari has authorized for them a state burial with full honor and 21 gun salute.

This govt palava get as e be. Ibo leaders should stand up and condemn govt's act.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by Dgreatestt: 9:42pm On Feb 10, 2020
Feb 14 will be action film, for those of us without bae, we've got something to entertain us grin cheesy
Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by gidgiddy: 9:48pm On Feb 10, 2020
Frankdoz8:
Igbo Leaders Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order Before Another Crisis Erupt; No One Threatens The Police

Concerned citizens, especially of the South East origin, must pay attention to the brewing crisis in the South East in the wake of the burial of HRM Eze Kanu, father of the leader of the Independent People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.

As February 14 draws close, the Abia State Commissioner of Police, Ene Okon has warned IPOB members to steer clear of the burial.

In his words:

“Do you think we will sit down here and allow IPOB to participate in the burial? Whoever thinks along that line is fooling himself. IPOB will dance during the burial and the police elephants will dance too.’’

The Nigerian Police had hinged its stance on the fact that IPOB is a proscribed group and hence cannot be allowed to congregate anywhere in Nigeria, let alone South East.
As you will remember, the group as led by Nnamdi Kanu was proscribed and declared a terrorist group for causing acts of civil disobedience as it demands an independent state of Biafra. The Federal Government noted that activities of the group were similar to those of other terrorist groups.

Little wonder the Abia State Police Commissioner relied on these facts to make his stance. Take a listen to him “I am saying this again for emphasis that there is no way police will allow a proscribed group to participate in the burial of the King and Queen of Afaraukwu simply because they are the parents of their acclaimed leader, we will not allow that and we cannot take anything for granted in the face of abundant intelligence on threat by IPOB’’

Not long did the Police commissioner speak of the alleged threat by IPOB did Nnamdi Kanu, leader of IPOB, issued a life-threatening message on the Nigerian Police and the Commissioner of Police in person.The Founder of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Nnamdi Kanu in a Facebook post threatened to hunt down the children of Abia Police Commissioner, Ene Okon, should there be any killing at the burial ceremony of his parents in Afaraukwu

In his words:

“If Inspector Okon and his commanders come to my father’s house to kill anyone on 14th February 2020 at my parents’ burial, we will hunt down their children.”
These are serious threats that should not be taken lightly. Threatening the Nigerian police is bad enough, let alone children of a Police commissioner.

Nigerians with a good conscience must condemn Nnamdi Kanu’s misguided statement/threat in order to forestall any clash between the security agencies and IPOB. South East political leaders must not play the ostrich and allow their children to be led to the slaughter’s slab by a confused fugitive leader.
No one dares to threaten the number one security agency of a sovereign nation, more so when the threat is coming from a fugitive and the leader of a proscribed terrorist group.
Failure to caution Nnamdi Kanu may lead to loss of lives and properties and by that time no one should blame the Police for doing its job. IPOB has been declared a terrorist organization and until this is annulled, they are not allowed to congregate as a group anywhere in Nigeria.

It is also important to note that the Nigerian Police has promised to provide security if the burial committee sends in a letter and also make sure IPOB is not allowed anywhere close.

The commissioner of Police truly showed his ignorance with his utterances. Yes, IPOB was banned and declared a terrorist organisation by a clueless president who sees unarmed protesters who killed nobody as terrorists but offered Ruga to herdsmen who are armed and murder thousands of Nigerians every year due to ethnic bias. Only a complete slowpoke will declare an unarmed group a terrorist organisation.

Granted that IPOB is proscribed, is it now procribed to attend a burial? Is it proscribed to hold a biafran flag? Has agitating for Biafra been proscribed? The answer to all this is no. The only thing that was banned was IPOB.

So why is the CP trying to turn a calm situation into a crisis? Nobody, whether Police or not, has the right to go and kill someone for no just cause. So if the Police decide to go to a peaceful burial in the name of chasing about unarmed IPOB, whatever happens to the Police is their fault. The unarmed people that the Police are killing are other people's children

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out by MasterKernel: 9:58pm On Feb 10, 2020
nairalandankrah:
Igbo have NO Leader

What's your definition of leadership? Oooh! You're looking for a demi-god, who issues order(s), while the rest of us will be scraping to hide, right?

I'm sorry to disappoint you, Igbos are Republicans in nature. No Igbo man dead or alive can compel Igbos blindly. As much as we love Ojukwe, we didn't vote him when, he came out for Presidency, reason... Igbos didn't support him going into Nigerian politics.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Recommends A Change Of Judges In The Mali Constitutional Court - Video / Sen Kalu Capable Of Leading Nigeria- Tinubu / IPOB Urge Every Igbo To Boycott Air Peace Airline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.