Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,566 members, 7,820,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander - Phone/Internet Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander (2885 Views)

I Can't Send Or Receive Message On My Mtn Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by seanwilliam(m): 10:51am On Feb 11, 2020
Any sure escrow on here? Who can you vouch for
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by MadeBoy: 10:51am On Feb 11, 2020
Funny thing happened today. I told him to power on the laptops and Snap the property.

He said one of the laptop refuse boot all of a sudden. And the other one the spec he give is different from what I saw. I saw 133gb HDD and but he claimes 350gb earlier. Also with the RAM which he claim RAM.

Now he said he made mistakes.

He is selling cheap reason I was considering buying. The stores here are expensive.
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by MadeBoy: 10:58am On Feb 11, 2020
Alex80s:
Mention the person that scammed you for the interest of all us.

However, if you are afraid of buying here, go and buy where you will see and inspect the products before paying.
I reported him his account ban and now deleted
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by lekjons(m): 11:15am On Feb 11, 2020
MadeBoy:
would you mind a ThinkPad x230?

Core i5 2.6ghz
4gb ram
250gb hdd
12.5" screen

I can get you 2 pieces

40k each
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by implementing: 1:15pm On Feb 11, 2020
MadeBoy:
Last year December I was scammed 50$ btc from a Nairalander in business section. I normally sell my btc to luno. But that day was on Sunday luno will not deliver not until moday.

The loan app I took a loan from was due and sending warning messages to pay before the date so as not to dent with my credit report of late payment I sold btc to a Nairalander but he scammed me. Not only that I lost the money the loan still enters a late payment.

I promise myself never to do anything business from Nairaland or online ever again.

But I still went forward to buy powerbank from a Nairalander after I saw many reviews.

Now I need two laptops, and intend buying from a Nairalander again. I do not live in lagos and it will be waybill and the fact i need to send money today is giving me panic.

He registered last year and all his thread is selling relatively everything from cars to laptops.

I don't want to mention is ID here.

There is no review or recommendations by any Nairalander.
mention his moniker no fear, that's the only way we identify scammers on this forums, or search his moniker in the scam section if you feel somehow about mentioning the name
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by YoungPerson(m): 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
seanwilliam:
the problem na how to ship it to naija bros. Can you help me? Also I will be using gift card to buy most stuffs, is it possible?
Sure why not? If you have any family or friend in Lagos, we can link up to bridge any trust issues.
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by Comedian2019: 6:21pm On Feb 11, 2020
You wan throway your money? DON'T PAY
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by dapzyadix(m): 8:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
MadeBoy:
Last year December I was scammed 50$ btc from a Nairalander in business section. I normally sell my btc to luno. But that day was on Sunday luno will not deliver not until moday.

The loan app I took a loan from was due and sending warning messages to pay before the date so as not to dent with my credit report of late payment I sold btc to a Nairalander but he scammed me. Not only that I lost the money the loan still enters a late payment.

I promise myself never to do anything business from Nairaland or online ever again.

But I still went forward to buy powerbank from a Nairalander after I saw many reviews.

Now I need two laptops, and intend buying from a Nairalander again. I do not live in lagos and it will be waybill and the fact i need to send money today is giving me panic.

He registered last year and all his thread is selling relatively everything from cars to laptops.

If it's in Lagos, I can act as escrow for you.... I'll send you my own details including drivers license/ national ID, social media handles, you'll send the money to me and I'll check the goods out for you and ensure it was sent, then will proceed to pay on your behalf
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by NGRsenate: 8:43pm On Feb 11, 2020
Has nobody here heard about all the different ESCROW services offered out there?

Well when you trade $50 worth of btc, I wouldn’t be surprised you haven’t.
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by ikbnice(m): 10:04pm On Feb 11, 2020
MadeBoy:

I can only recommend @computerboy and @mikkyangel here on Nairaland for laptop deals.. Computerboy even accepts payment on delivery...
Check out computerboy thread here https://www.nairaland.com/5617356/new-year-laptop-deals-dont
For reliable PowerBanks... Contact mayorall on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1831348/romoss-sense-6p-20000mah-power

1 Like

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by Brymo4all(m): 10:19pm On Feb 11, 2020
Let's do 25k.
I'm in Lagos
lekjons:
would you mind a ThinkPad x230?

Core i5 2.6ghz
4gb ram
250gb hdd
12.5" screen

I can get you 2 pieces

40k each
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by Greatzeus(m): 10:47pm On Feb 11, 2020
GasAndOilTheory:
hello OP I understand your plight... I can be your middle man.
This means I will receive the goods from him on your behalf and I will receive his payment from you on his behalf.

Then
It's still the same thing, what stops you from running with the money? A Nairaland post made by you?
Personally i have done few transactions on Nairaland eg buying hdd from this guy at computer village,a cool dude,can't remember his name. His moniker is also his registered business name. I transferred money to him twice by mistake. I thought it didn't go through at first,did it again,only to receive two alerts. He was the one who told me that he received double alerts and transferred my money back.
Another person is udemzy,he is a cool dude,just last few weeks I went to computer village to buy a mini laptop for my 7 years old niece,I didn't know which shop to enter,I called udemzy and he took me to where I bought a good one.
Another person is Sotall,also at computer village,I have been at his shop few times too.
On Saturday I saw a moniker,omawumi17 advertising Ankara clothes,I wanted to buy but I got discouraged when she said she is at Ibadan. I don't want to do waybill stuff. But I later changed my mind,I sent her money and she sent the goods on Monday,which I have received.
There are many genuine hustlers here on Nairaland but there are also many scammers,which comes in different forms eg
Online begging
Selling and buying
Forex
Odds sellers etc.
The rule is to always transact in person as much as is possible,don't be desperate especially when the price is ridiculous, always check Nairaland for info about the person's previous dealings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by computerboy: 12:40am On Feb 12, 2020
ikbnice:
I can only recommend @computerboy and @mikkyangel here on Nairaland for laptop deals.. Computerboy even accepts payment on delivery...
Check out computerboy thread here https://www.nairaland.com/5617356/new-year-laptop-deals-dont
For reliable PowerBanks... Contact mayorall on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1831348/romoss-sense-6p-20000mah-power

thanks boss
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by MadeBoy: 8:23am On Feb 12, 2020
pyrex23:

Use quidax..
Instant payment..

Recently switched from luno to quidax
do they ask for bvn? Because i'm tired of giving out too much sensitive info online. The info out there already is too much
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by Omawumi17(f): 11:09am On Feb 12, 2020
God bless you sir... I really appreciate you...
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by pyrex23(m): 12:39pm On Feb 12, 2020
MadeBoy:
do they ask for bvn? Because i'm tired of giving out too much sensitive info online. The info out there already is too much

Yeah they do..
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by peacemara54(m): 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2020
Ologundudu2020:
I sell. And buy from nairalanders almost every month.. 2 weeks ago I way billed a laptop to someone in Abuja, all the business was done via vedio call.

Let him take it to the person in charge of way bill, do. I vedio call with him, to see if its actually a courier office, then tell the attendant, you are just about to pay, for that package, he or she should confirm it for you. Then after you pay, he confirm and leave. This how I sold the system last 2 week.

Anyway I still have a system available and very clean samsung S8plus for sell too
50k and 90k respectively
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by peacemara54(m): 4:37pm On Feb 12, 2020
[quote author=peacemara54 post=86592527][/quote]
How much is your s8+?
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by presented007(m): 8:55pm On Feb 12, 2020
MadeBoy:

Bro sell your Btc to me message please and let's talk business
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by MadeBoy: 1:55pm On Feb 17, 2020
after all the warning I still went ahead to send him the money.

the guy is not an honest guy. he sent me laptops with dead battery. no charger and no receipt. I lied to me he included the receipt.

the battery is what paining me the most. it's dead at 0%. doesn't charge and went straight off one unplugged.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buy Your New Samsung Mobile Phones At A Cheaper Price / Help Catch A Thief / Two neatly used Samsung galaxy(s2) black & white and brand new Bb( bold 5)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.