Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

African Leaders Reject Trump’s Mideast Peace Plan - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Leaders Reject Trump’s Mideast Peace Plan (430 Views)

US Rejects Mideast Ceasefire Calls, Says Would Benefit Hamas / Organisation Of Islamic Cooperation & Arab League Reject Trump's Peace Plan / Americans Reject Trump And Name Former President Obama The Most Admired Man In U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Leaders Reject Trump’s Mideast Peace Plan by Barristerlaw(m): 8:14am On Feb 11, 2020
African Union chairman says White House proposal violates multiple UN resolutions, was prepared without international coordination and ‘tramples on rights of Palestinians’

ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia — African leaders on Sunday condemned US President Donald Trump’s Mideast peace plan as illegitimate, taking advantage of an African Union summit to voice solidarity with “the Palestinian cause.”

AU Commission Chairman Moussa Faki Mahamat told assembled heads of state that the plan unveiled in late January represented the “umpteenth violation of multiple United Nations and African Union resolutions.”

He said that it was prepared without international consultation and that it “trampled on the rights of the Palestinian people,” a line that drew applause in the main hall at AU headquarters.

Trump’s long-delayed peace proposal was immediately rejected by the Palestinians, who have largely boycotted his administration since it recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital in 2017.

The proposals include giving Israel the green light to annex settlements in the West Bank, the largest part of the territories the Palestinians see as their future state.

The outgoing AU chair, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi, said in his remarks Sunday that “the Palestinian cause will always be in the hearts and minds of the people of Africa.”

His successor, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa, compared Trump’s proposals to regulations in place during his country’s apartheid period.

“As I listened to it and as I read everything that’s written about it, it brought to mind the horrible history that we in South Africa have gone through,” he said.

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, who regularly attends AU summits, did not travel to Ethiopia this year.

Palestinian officials said last week that Abbas was heading to the UN to push for a Security Council resolution condemning Trump’s peace proposal. The resolution will almost certainly be vetoed by the US.

Abbas was represented Sunday by PA Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh, who reiterated Palestinian leaders’ position that the Trump plan “has no legitimacy whatsoever.”
Source
http://naijtrumpet.com/2020/02/11/african-leaders-reject-trumps-mideast-peace-plan/

1 Like

Re: African Leaders Reject Trump’s Mideast Peace Plan by Citytrend: 8:15am On Feb 11, 2020
Sorry I'm not sure we have Leaders in Africa. The lives of their people have proven it.

So I wonder what made them Leaders
Re: African Leaders Reject Trump’s Mideast Peace Plan by Righteousness89(m): 8:26am On Feb 11, 2020
You guys should relay ur own out!!
Re: African Leaders Reject Trump’s Mideast Peace Plan by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 11, 2020
Fools!

Leaders of sh*thole countries whose opinion is useless.

I see the hand of the Arabs in the AU.

Pathetic lots.

fundamental Islamic irredentists should be cut to size.

1 Like

Re: African Leaders Reject Trump’s Mideast Peace Plan by internationalman(m): 8:37am On Feb 11, 2020
Citytrend:
Sorry I'm not sure we have Leaders in Africa. The lives of their people have proven it.

So I wonder what made them Leaders

They are all rulers

1 Like

Re: African Leaders Reject Trump’s Mideast Peace Plan by nengibo: 8:40am On Feb 11, 2020
Corrupt African leaders should rather focus on the gross injustices going on across the continent against religious and ethnic minorities
Re: African Leaders Reject Trump’s Mideast Peace Plan by thundafire: 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2020
As if any of them are good
Re: African Leaders Reject Trump’s Mideast Peace Plan by Rossinky: 3:30am On Feb 16, 2020
Awol1:
Fools!

Leaders of sh*thole countries whose opinion is useless.

I see the hand of the Arabs in the AU.

Pathetic lots.

fundamental Islamic irredentists should be cut to size.

Goodness you're an imbec.ile. Like a rabid dog with foam where his brain ought to be.

(1) (Reply)

CORONA VIRUS: Irans Deputy Minister Infected / Coronavirus: Pope Cancels Events After Showing Symptoms / Can Bernie Sanders Really Win Against Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.