Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Naija Home Hustles 2020: 7 Fast Steps To A Successful Side Hustle - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naija Home Hustles 2020: 7 Fast Steps To A Successful Side Hustle (668 Views)

How To Build A Successful Side Hustle By Tolani Tayo-osikoya (video) / The Best Cities To Hustle And Make Money In Nigeria - Smartlazyhustler / Digital Side Hustles That Can Fetch You Insane Income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naija Home Hustles 2020: 7 Fast Steps To A Successful Side Hustle by Hamzashaf99(f): 8:25am On Feb 11, 2020
====Find your motivation====

Finding the reason why you want a start a side hustle should be your first point of focus. What is pushing you? Is it the money, or freedom, or just to be a place where you can unleash your passion and help others?

I have been having numerous side hustles for five years, and until I got this clear, it was easy for me to stop whenever I faced challenges. This slowed my growth terribly.

Entrepreneurship can a long and stressful journey and being your own boss will come with one great risk: the risk of burning out! Your WHY will be your constant motivation.

You've got to find it, and keep it. If its possible to have a picture of it or something that represents it, print it and put it somewhere you can see it every day.

====Choose the destination====

Start with the end in mind. You will want to always keep this picture in mind.

Where do you want to go? If you do not know where you are going, you also have no way to measure your success.
Set goals to help you know whether you are succeeding or stagnating.
Then work backwards, breaking it down into smaller components until you have an easily achievable action you can take.

There one secret to goal setting not commonly known. Its about setting outcomes instead of goals. Outcomes are these little things you are sure you can achieve by controlling your actions.

Let me make it clearer. Let's say I want to lose weight and look like a model.

Then I set my new year's goal as
>>>lose 15kg from my 60kg.
This is a goal. I have no control over the end goal as I may or may not achieve it. It is possible for me to flunk the actions that will lead to the goal.

Let's say I set an outcome like this.
>>>>Work out everyday for 2 hours to lose at least 2kg each month.

Now I know exactly what I need to do. I have set an outcome I can control. I can afford to workout for 2 hours everyday. That's a highly achievable goal

====Mindset====

Get the right mindset. Work on your mind, thoughts and beliefs.

I had to work really hard on this one. Its way easier to change your physical actions than to change how you think.

You have to get your mindset right first before anything else. Your thoughts, emotions and feelings and improving your inner world is the most important thing!

Getting rid of all the mental blocks from your mind is a MUST. Every damn thing you can think of, even the smallest things that may be blocking your mind from opening up the gateway of abundance!

Step into your power and stand for what you believe in!
People will doubt your ability to succeed. Your mind should be able to withstand the abuse or else you'll give up faster than you can start.

"Having faith is the first step.
Then surround yourself with the right people. On social media, offline too.

You have to truly believe in yourself and in your mission in order to take action. If you don’t have faith in yourself or in what you’re doing, no one else will.

So before anything else, have 100% faith that you can. If you do that, you’ll be unstoppable �"- Russell Brunson, Founder Clickfunnels

====Choose the vehicle====
You know what you want, why you want it and you've got your mind ready to receive success.

Next is to know how you will get there. Choosing a successful side hustle idea is one of the most difficult challenge for people, especially if they are new.

Knowing the right thing to do, that will take you to the peak you want.
7 critical questions you must ask are:
>Is it something you enjoy doing?
>Is there an obvious way to make money?
>Does it solve a problem for someone?
>Can you get paid more than once?
>Can you start it quickly?
>Is it low maintenance?
>What are the obstacles and challenges associated with it?

====3...2...1… GO====

Just. Do. It
Use what you have and start where you are. That's what we believe in at Naija Home Hustles.

You do not want to wait until everything is perfectly set before you rock. That's the beauty of a side hustle. It is not actually a major source of income in the beginning, so you can afford to fail.

And that's why most people never get started too: the fear of failure.

100% imperfectly done is better than 0% perfectly not done.

You can learn as you go, so once you know the first step, just take it.

You will want to learn more about your hustle, so you can do better and charge more. There are a lot of resources out there, depending on what you do.

With the internet, finding the information is even more easier.

There's the ever trusty Google, then Facebook groups are good to interact with people just like you.

Quora.com is a good place to get answers, and Naira land if used properly can give you a lot of information about hustling the right way in Naija.
I've done it, so I'm sure it works.

====Hustle the hustle====

Skills x Consistent Action = Results

Knowing what to do is half the struggle. You need to do the work to see the results.
As Warren Buffet says, "Predicting rain doesn't count, building arks does"

Everything that's successful in life has to be built.
There are times you will feel discouraged and tired.

As a side hustler, you are responsible for yourself. There will be no one to tell you what to do, how to do it or when to do it, except if you have a mentor. Even then, you will not be forced to do it. That's why you need a strong motivation and discipline.

Having a mentor is really helpful too, as well as a partner who can hold you accountable..

“The best thing I did was to choose the right heroes.” — Warren Buffett

One of the best advice I received about having a mentor was choosing someone who is just steps ahead of me. Sometimes it’s a much better idea to learn from someone who is just a few steps ahead of you, as they can still relate very well to your personal situation and therefore give well-suited advice.

Let's take football. If I were to take Ronaldo or Messi to personally teach me, its possible I will fail. Reason is they're more likely to teach me professional tactics, while I have not even mastered the basics.
Re: Naija Home Hustles 2020: 7 Fast Steps To A Successful Side Hustle by Hamzashaf99(f): 11:09am On Feb 13, 2020
====Reflect, debrief====

Here’s the entire process:
It’s called Debriefing, and it allows you to properly learn from past mistakes, ensures systemic evolution and paves the way for better future outcomes.
I know I said I won’t describe how it was, but this is one hell of an amazing tool for assessment and planning!

Here’s the common yearly goal/strategy setting session for the new year:
>>>>2019 Big Sexy Audacious plan
>>>>2019 Action Plan
>>>>No reflection of 2019 successes and failures
>>>>2020 Big Sexy Audacious plan
>>>>2020 Action Plan

Here’s how this process is done in the Armed Forces:
>>>>Desired outcome for Mission #1
>>>>Battle plan for Mission #1
>>>>Debrief for Mission #1
>>>>Update of general battle methodology/SOP
>>>>Desired outcome for Mission #2
>>>>Battle plan for Mission #2 (relying on updated battle plans/SOP=better execution and results)

Simple way to conduct your own debrief in 30 mins or less...
>>What were my desired outcomes for the past year?
>>What was my plan of attack?
>>What was the outcome of the method/plan chosen?
>>What was the gap between my desired outcomes and my actual outcome?
>>Why did that gap happen?
>>What benefited me in the pursuit of my desired outcomes and how can I incorporate that into my future plans?

====Lather, rinse and repeat====

Over and over again, until you find the best side hustle for you, and how best to do it.

Almost every successful person begins with two beliefs: "The future can be better than the present. And I have the power to make it so!"

Struggling to start a profitable side hustle?

Do you believe you can make money hustling part-time?

We all know that lack of money is painful, and sometimes even embarrassing.

This is the perfect Nigerian side hustle I know of.

Check my signature for juicy lucrative details.

(1) (Reply)

Come In Here For...secrets To A Flourishing Biz Startup / Iced Stone Calendar Wristwatch N2500 / Forex Signal Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.