Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,840 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Lets Be Guided - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lets Be Guided (462 Views)

MEN, Listen To This Video & Be Guided... / The Ministers Of God Be Guided In Marriage Ceremonies / Come Lets Talk About Wedding/engagement Rings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Be Guided by PerfectMatchNG: 11:31am On Feb 11, 2020
If you accuse your BROTHER’S WIFE of “eating” your BROTHER’S MONEY, you’re unwise! Whose money should she “eat”? You certainly don’t know the “combined effort” couples put in to become successful. And you talk about your brother’s money as if your BROTHER is your FATHER.

I know of a family where the wife covered for her husband when he was dead broke. No one else knew he was broke. And she was even using her earnings to set him up in business until he became very wealthy. So who ate whose money here?

I know of another family where the man had to spend most of his time touring to build his dream business while his wife sacrifices her own career & dreams just to ensure that the home front was intact and the kids were well raised. So who in particular built the wealth?

Instead of making dumb statements like that, I would rather you ask questions with a view to learn. Underneath your successful brother's story may be the counsels, perseverance, prayers, faith, support, forgiveness and endurance of his wife. Let's be guided

BTW a Westerner reading this post will most likely not comprehend it. Why? Because it's basically an African thing found only in African families where culture & tradition subtly brands a wife a "family property".

3 Likes

Re: Lets Be Guided by Ogbunigwe2018: 1:23pm On Feb 11, 2020
FP worthy

4 Likes

Re: Lets Be Guided by Foodqueen(f): 1:27pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gbam!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Lets Be Guided by lavylilly: 7:57am On Jan 12, 2023
wink

(1) (Reply)

How can I Get Someone's Attention On Nairaland / Fundraiser For Erica Nlewedim, Ex BBN5 Housemate / Lagos Errand Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.