Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,177 members, 7,829,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Non-nigerians Meal Section - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Non-nigerians Meal Section (900 Views)

One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage / 10 Guest Die After Meal At Katsina Wedding / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-nigerians Meal Section by sunch(m): 2:14pm On Dec 14, 2010
Hey,
my fellow non-nigerian NL but lovers of naija. We as well are reciprocating ur love wit a mad love.
In short come show us some of ur cooking prowess in here.
How it's prepared and all dat.
Re: Non-nigerians Meal Section by mamaken: 2:36pm On Dec 14, 2010
i'll be back with a delicious italian dish . . . . mmmmhhhhh grin
Re: Non-nigerians Meal Section by ufot(m): 6:47pm On Dec 18, 2010
Great idea,
Re: Non-nigerians Meal Section by jamaicangi(f): 6:39am On Dec 21, 2010
Jamaican breakfast treat. Very easy and very yummy. Eat with fried plantains, breadfruit (I don't know what you guys call it) or bammy (a bread made from cassava). You will be smiling for the whole day!

Ingredients

* 6 ounces dried salted cod fish
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 large tomato, chopped
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
* 2 green onions, chopped
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying

Directions

1. Break the cod fish into pieces and place in a saucepan. Fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water. If you want it less salty, repeat the boiling process a few more times. Remove any bones and skin, if there are any. Shred the fish into small pieces and set aside in a medium bowl.
2. Add the tomato, and green onion to the cod. Combine the flour, baking powder and pepper; stir into the cod. Pour in the water and stir just until everything is blended.
3. Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, drop rounded spoonfuls of batter into the skillet. Fry on each side until golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
Re: Non-nigerians Meal Section by sunch(m): 7:55pm On Dec 22, 2010
@jamaicangi,
hmmmm, so yuummmy, thanks a great deal 4sharing wit us.
But come 2think of i was beginning 2imagine dat the non-nigerians up in here are shy or not proud to show their cooking skills or they donot even knw how 2prepare a meal or shumptang.
C'mon let me feel y' all
Re: Non-nigerians Meal Section by sunch(m): 12:39am On Feb 06, 2011
Re: Non-nigerians Meal Section by sunch(m): 12:39am On Feb 06, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Can You Give The Menu List And How To Prepare Your Favourite Nigerian Delicacy / Hehehehehe! Noble Igwe’s Mama Put Stories / Chicken Soup Recipes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.