Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise (796 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / Is N400,000 A Bad Salary In Today's Nigeria? Is He Doing Something Wrong / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise by zaza999: 7:29pm On Feb 11, 2020
I feel so much concern that for almost 14 years now after graduation from university that I started working, I have not gotten atleast N400,000 hit my account that I can call my own, let alone have Properties -Land, house of mine, ,Investments or other source of income etc. It has been "salary come salary go".Taking care of the family is a times very challenging. I got married a year after graduation ( though not prepared then). My partner is not working or doing any business. The highest salary I have earned in all these years is N120,000.

Honestly,I have tried in many ways and still trying on how to salvage this situation.It gives me much concern and so worried considering the number of years I started working but can't boast of any of the above mentioned.

Please I need advice and probably from other peoples experience on how to go about this.
Re: Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise by ugwusunday(m): 7:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
So, your wife is idle all this years and u cannot find any meaningful thing for her to be doing, and u want to get money. It is not possible.......
Re: Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise by Londonland: 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2020
Find a job for your wife or better still let her start business,

You shouldn't rely on your current job,try and look for better one

Look for legit investment you can invest in,don't just rely on your salary only,most successful people you see out there are investors and businessmen they don't rely on their salary only,think outside the box,
Re: Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise by bigiyaro(m): 8:21pm On Feb 11, 2020
OP thank God u have waken up, the reality is , either you work for the government or u work for yourself. Any other thing is a waste of your life just like u are seeing now. try and start something small and grow it BIG... some millionaires that we have now have not started their businesses 14 years ago.
Re: Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise by Rich4god(m): 8:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
My brother is not easy at.... Some salary are just meant for feeding and home logistics which makes it difficult to have savings. Just as you said, you take care of families, I do not think it's ok to stock up money in the name of savings while family suffer and go hungry. But not withstanding, it takes discipline to save. No matter how small your salary is, there is a certain amount of money that you can keep aside and forget about it. Try as much as you can to do that every month. And it doesn't mean that you will keep saving till infinity, once the money is reasonable try to make an investment that can bring in return.

On the other hand, you said you got married after graduation, which means according to the timeline you gave us, your marriage is up to ten year. Does it mean your wife isn't doing anything yet or her own contribution is little.

10+ is enough time for you to have harmonize your expenses and setting up something either for yourself or your wife.

2 Likes

Re: Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise by zaza999: 11:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
Rich4god:
My brother is not easy at.... Some salary are just meant for feeding and home logistics which makes it difficult to have savings. Just as you said, you take care of families, I do not think it's ok to stock up money in the name of savings while family suffer and go hungry. But not withstanding, it takes discipline to save. No matter how small your salary is, there is a certain amount of money that you can keep aside and forget about it. Try as much as you can to do that every month. And it doesn't mean that you will keep saving till infinity, once the money is reasonable try to make an investment that can bring in return.

On the other hand, you said you got married after graduation, which means according to the timeline you gave us, your marriage is up to ten year. Does it mean your wife isn't doing anything yet or her own contribution is little.

10+ is enough time for you to have harmonize your expenses and setting up something either for yourself or your wife.

.....@,making it difficult to save. This is exactly the case, and in the beginning, the assumption was that no problem,keep hoping that things will come out and the situation will be salvaged to the extent it has reached this stage and expenses keep increasing.
Re: Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise by Greatzeus(m): 11:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
The right question is have you been able to live above the waters all these years even though your account balance never passed 400k? Have you always been able to pay your rent at the right time, school fees and have your family always have food on the table?
If yes,then my brother you are blessed,give glory to God. Money is meant to meet our needs,in civilized society people are not keen to senselessly saving money like it can buy life. But in Nigeria you will see people saving but yet suffering I diots. Many of them don't give the best to their wives and kids,even themselves. But they have large savings, only for them to die and the banks inherits their money.
Savings is a means to an end. So if you are meeting your ends even without big savings,thank God.

2 Likes

Re: Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise by Rich4god(m): 7:02am On Feb 12, 2020
Greatzeus:
The right question is have you been able to live above the waters all these years even though your account balance never passed 400k? Have you always been able to pay your rent at the right time, school fees and have your family always have food on the table?
If yes,then my brother you are blessed,give glory to God. Money is meant to meet our needs,in civilized society people are not keen to senselessly saving money like it can buy life. But in Nigeria you will see people saving but yet suffering I diots. Many of them don't give the best to their wives and kids,even themselves. But they have large savings, only for them to die and the banks inherits their money.
Savings is a means to an end. So if you are meeting your ends even without big savings,thank God.
You said it all bro... There is no need trying to save while family suffer and go hungry. But in Nigeria where basic amenities are lacking, saving gives one a sense of security. Since he was unable to save, it means he exhaust his salary virtually every month. Now what if there is an emergency that needs a relatively big amount of money, does it mean he will have to go and start borrowing. Truth is he needs to adjust himself, a little discomfort wouldn't cause much harm. Even if it's 5k/month, it will go along way. Nigeria is not a country where one can leave without having some form of savings. Unlike other countries where one can easily fall back on the government, here oyo is your case.

1 Like

Re: Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise by zangodangolo: 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2020
Its not easy especially in Naija. My advice is while you are still looking for other things,let your partner by all means find something doing to support you. If Support is coming from her irrespective of the amount,you will have a relief as in financial freedom,and have finance to establish another source of income or investment. Nothing affects a man that you are not financially balanced and your partner is not supportive while expenses keep increasing day by day. Believe me,if you are spending five naira to take care of the family when you got married,i am sure by now it will reach like fifteen naira,yet your monthly income is still the same if not declining.
Re: Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise by Emmex45(m): 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2020
Oga
If your working place de give loan, borrow o, or if u no were u go loan from borrow am
Take an build house, get asset and invest a little
Because if you die now(God forbid) your family go suffer and no house or any asset to show for it.
Re: Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise by Rich4god(m): 6:37pm On Feb 12, 2020
Emmex45:
Oga
If your working place de give loan, borrow o, or if u no were u go loan from borrow am
Take an build house, get asset and invest a little
Because if you die now(God forbid) your family go suffer and no house or any asset to show for it.

Borrow and build house ke... How will he pay back. Except if his office pays NHIS, that one has a flexible pay back method.
Re: Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise by Goodgod213: 12:58am On Feb 13, 2020
Cultivate the habit of saving. Hungry no day kill person. If you had 500k in your account, you fit waka with confidence. Just save little by little and forget about it in a particular account.

You are even lucky having a 120k job. When I know of someone earning 48k and he has a house already 2 bedroom 2 unit each. Stay Woke man. Learn how to say NO to family members.Once you have it at the back of your mind that nobody will help you when the chips are done and you remember money way you don save. You will be gingered more

1 Like

Re: Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise by zaza999: 4:32pm On Feb 13, 2020
Goodgod213:
Cultivate the habit of saving. Hungry no day kill person. If you had 500k in your account, you fit waka with confidence. Just save little by little and forget about it in a particular account.

You are even lucky having a 120k job. When I know of someone earning 48k and he has a house already 2 bedroom 2 unit each. Stay Woke man. Learn how to say NO to family members.Once you have it at the back of your mind that nobody will help you when the chips are done and you remember money way you don save. You will be gingered more

Noted.

Again,atimes location also matters which may affect cost of living.
Re: Have Not Counted Atleast N400,000 Of Mine For 14yrs I Started Working,pls Advise by Kenoxman(m): 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2020
Oga no come and kill urself by urself. Ur wife must be contributing her own quota no matter how small. If she has no job let her find one. To be honest the burden u are carrying is the major reason u are not making much progress. If ur wife (helpmate) can't help out then who will? No die b4 ur time.

(1) (Reply)

Speaking With Confidence / Nysc / Aout Scholarships On Eing Professionals In It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.