Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / - (3385 Views)

Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old / Obasanjo: Boko Haram Crisis Could Last 15 More Years / Why Buhari Was ‘Banned’ From Entering U.S. For 15 Years — Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

- by Nobody: 4:48am On Feb 12, 2020
-

7 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 5:07am On Feb 12, 2020
Umahi is building most Ebonyi roads with concretes.

Please can we give Nigeria to that man to build infrastructure?

Or Peter Obi.

But hey, I suggest they event some black materials to be mixing with the concretes so that the roads will be looking black.

Maybe because I grew up seeing Coal Tar, seeing concrete roads always seems to me like I'm looking at uncompleted road project.

18 Likes

Re: - by yanabasee(m): 5:30am On Feb 12, 2020
We still prefer the tar roads.., Heavy duty vehicles will damage the concrete roads very easily.

And we have abundance of the coal tar from our refined crudes, even though we pay to get it refined and send back to us....
Re: - by SUPERPACK: 5:51am On Feb 12, 2020
yanabasee:
We still prefer the tar roads.., Heavy duty vehicles will damage the concrete roads very easily.

And we have abundance of the coal tar from our refined crudes, even though we pay to get it refined and send back to us....
They can't. It has higher bearing capacity than coal tar.

10 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 5:52am On Feb 12, 2020
-

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by LadySwitz: 6:25am On Feb 12, 2020
Umahi is building concrete roads in his state..i travelled through his roads and never wished for the roads to end...very smooth concrete like you are on air.

1 Like

Re: - by Danielnino00(m): 6:38am On Feb 12, 2020
I've plied Ibese road in Ogun state that leads to Dangote cement refinery a couple of times and the road which was build with concrete about 4 years ago is still standing firm.. no single pothole despite the number of Dangote trucks that ply in daily..

Concrete roads are indeed better..

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: - by segebase(m): 6:56am On Feb 12, 2020
true
Re: - by okpalaAnambra: 7:07am On Feb 12, 2020
Awol1:

Or Peter Obi.

But hey, I suggest they event some black materials to be mixing with the concretes so that the roads will be looking black.

Maybe because I grew up seeing Coal Tar, seeing concrete roads always seems to me like I'm looking at uncompleted road project.
Lol...there is no need mixing it with any black thing..Okezie Ikpeazu is also building concrete roads in most bad roads in Aba that gets destroyed during the rain...is a good thing to do
Re: - by okpalaAnambra: 7:09am On Feb 12, 2020
Beachside:
You have some points about the abundance of asphalt from refined crude ,but I guess you haven't been following the trends and emerging technologies. There's recent advancements that allows for earthquake proofed concrete pavement and also can withstand heavy traffic load. The concrete road has a life expectancy of 70 years with no maintenance.
There's even this new plastic road technology ,as well as smart roads with embedded IoT technology. Go look it up .

Even so , I still don't understand why most of Nigeria's roads and streets are unpaved when asphalt is dirt cheap . The government could purchase their their own equipment which won't be more than $2 million ,and use civil engineering students or the Nsysc program to pave Nigerian streets ,instead of wasting millions or billions of dollars on foreign companies.
The guy doesn't know much I think..he thinks dem De even dash asphalt, what a lame reasoning....to me I prefer durability and that's why I like concrete than asphalt roads...infact most regular asphalts roads in Nigeria are not built by reputable companies and spoil within two years

2 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 12, 2020
Awol1:

Or Peter Obi.

nothing stops them from asphalting the concrete roads (as is being done in aba). it makes the road more friendly to vehicular tyres among other things

3 Likes

Re: - by deboysben(m): 7:26am On Feb 12, 2020
Awol1:

Or Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: - by bolinjkezzy(m): 7:30am On Feb 12, 2020
SUPERPACK:
They can't. It has higher bearing capacity than coal tar.
Are you an engineer? Bearing capacity for road, that's strange
Re: - by ATTemi: 7:34am On Feb 12, 2020
Wetin Okezie dey do 4 Abia state road na german floor!
okpalaAnambra:

Lol...there is no need mixing it with any black thing..Okezie Ikpeazu is also building concrete roads in most bad roads in Aba that gets destroyed during the rain...is a good thing to do

1 Like

Re: - by Lisaint(m): 7:35am On Feb 12, 2020
One former governor use concrete to construct oshodi - Abule egba
Brt route
Up till today the road is not open and Brt is not in sight

Back to the topic
The company constructing that road seems to be confused

To be Concrete is better
Re: - by Roon9(m): 7:40am On Feb 12, 2020
yanabasee:

This is very false. Concrete roads has higher LBC than Tar
Re: - by know: 7:54am On Feb 12, 2020
If Govt adopts the concrete option how do you want successive Govt to steal money from bogus road construction.
Re: - by omowolewa: 7:58am On Feb 12, 2020
Best for Nigerian Road
Re: - by cRobo: 8:14am On Feb 12, 2020
Not so sure
Re: - by BaddieKay(f): 8:22am On Feb 12, 2020
Nigerian politicians need to steal so going for concrete roads won't be an option for them. What will they use to campaign naw? No kickback or dollars in their agbada every year

2 Likes

Re: - by Larryfest(m): 8:47am On Feb 12, 2020
The people in government knows the one that would last long but because of greediness and partial stupidity the will rather go for the substandard type.
Re: - by Arijude(m): 8:54am On Feb 12, 2020
bolinjkezzy:

Are you an engineer? Bearing capacity for road, that's strange
the capacity to bear pressure
Re: - by FatherCHRISTMAS: 8:58am On Feb 12, 2020
Concrete roads are far better and lasting compared to our asphalt roads.

The thing is just that we have abundant access to coal tar for asphalt than putting together concrete
It won't be a bad idea if our scientists can work in compounds that can imitate concrete substance

1 Like

Re: - by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:14am On Feb 12, 2020
BaddieKay:
Nigerian politicians need to steal so going for concrete roads won't be an option for them. What will they use to campaign naw? No kickback or dollars in their agbada every year
You have so much goodies right before you.
If only you could let the cold milk of goodness drop right into my mouth cool cry
Re: - by GamalNasser: 9:18am On Feb 12, 2020
In Nigeria useless governors think concrete road is that Useless interlocking nonsense they do that gives a bumpy ride and wears our tire and waste fuel

1 Like

Re: - by angelfallz(m): 9:26am On Feb 12, 2020
below you have the Advantages and disadvantages of coal tar roads, advantages and disadvantages of concrete roads
https://qr.ae/TzpDVw
Re: - by BaddieKay(f): 9:29am On Feb 12, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

You have so much goodies right before you.
If only you could let the cold milk of goodness drop right into my mouth cool cry
Sir mind the topic and stop thinking the way u are
Re: - by Bigfish121(m): 10:12am On Feb 12, 2020
Op.concrete roads are known as rigid pavements.the are mainly used in water logged areas.eg bayelsa.if flexible pavement ie asphalt roads are constructed to specification,they can last long.its just that most contractors temds to cut corners because of our politicians.
Re: - by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 12, 2020
ATTemi:
Wetin Okezie dey do 4 Abia state road na german floor!
stop being nasty. German floor/oversite concrete isn't commonly reinforced with iron bars. All the roads completed in aba with concrete, is still standing firm and that's why many more are being done with that tech

Re: - by blujoi(m): 10:49am On Feb 12, 2020
I’m interested in this technology

Beachside:
You have some points about the abundance of asphalt from refined crude ,but I guess you haven't been following the trends and emerging technologies. There's recent advancements that allows for earthquake proofed concrete pavement and also can withstand heavy traffic load. The concrete road has a life expectancy of 70 years with no maintenance.
There's even this new plastic road technology ,as well as smart roads with embedded IoT technology. Go look it up .

Even so , I still don't understand why most of Nigeria's roads and streets are unpaved when asphalt is dirt cheap . The government could purchase their their own equipment which won't be more than $2 million ,and use civil engineering students or the Nsysc program to pave Nigerian streets ,instead of wasting millions or billions of dollars on foreign companies.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking Up Nigeria Because Of Fulanis Is DUMB. Discuss. / Why Is There No Bill Board Or Posters Of Peter Obi In Lagos / The Bad State Of Our University.whats The Cause.aasu Strike 3month Every Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.