Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,996 members, 7,835,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Neymar's Barcelona Return Would Require Him To Stop Having Parties In Brazil. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neymar's Barcelona Return Would Require Him To Stop Having Parties In Brazil. (313 Views)

Neymar Spotted Partying At Carnival In Brazil Despite Injury (Photos) / Neymar Wants Barcelona Return / After Fight, Mayweather Parties In Style With His N1billion Bugatti(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Neymar's Barcelona Return Would Require Him To Stop Having Parties In Brazil. by Officialhorlah(m): 6:30am On Feb 12, 2020
The attacker was wanted back at Camp Nou but
any return should come with serious conditions,
according to one of their former bosses Former Barcelona vice-president Jordi Mestre said Neymar can forget about birthday parties in Brazil if the Paris Saint-Germain star returns to Camp Nou. Neymar has been heavily linked with a Barca
reunion after leaving the La Liga champions for PSG in a world-record €222 million ($242m) transfer in
2017. The Brazil forward wanted a Barca return in the off-
season, but a move away from the Ligue 1 giants did not materialise. MORE TEAMS  Asked about Neymar, Mestre – who resigned in July
– told Mundo Deportivo: "The players asked for
him, but didn't pressure the club. I came off badly in
that. "If he had come back and the club had benefitted
because of it, I wouldn't have a problem with that.
I'm not that proud. "On sporting terms he could come back but on a
series of conditions. Firstly, PSG have to agree, then
he would have to withdraw his lawsuit and
acknowledge that he was in the wrong and after
that, all the birthday parties in Brazil would have to
stop. "There were players from the first team squad who
were at a wedding with him but had no idea that he
wanted to leave." On his own exit from Barca, Mestre said: "I felt I'd
been fighting an uphill battle for some time. I had a
different ideas about things to other board
members but it wasn't important. "I realised that I was the only one who thought in a
certain way. The football committee which
comprised [Josep Maria] Bartomeu, [Javier] Bordas,
[Jaume] Elias and [Xavier] Vilajoana were not in
agreement with me or with Pep Segura in his role as
general manager. I was the only one who defended him and I felt alone." It has been a turbulent period for Barca – who are
three points behind La Liga leaders Real Madrid – after head coach Ernesto Valverde was sacked,
while superstar captain Lionel Messi was involved in a public row with director of football Eric Abidal . "You have to recognise the merits of everything
they have achieved in recent years," Mestre said. "The least they deserve is some respect and
gratitude but you also have to be aware that
nothing lasts forever. We are going through a
transition and so you have to give people time and
be patient.

(1) (Reply)

Neymar To Return To Barcelona But Only With Strict Conditions - Jordi Mestre / Liverpool And Man City To Battle For The 22-year-old Benefica / Did Ronaldo Really Deserve Serie A Player Of The Year Award 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.