Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Jumia Sellers Beware: Jumia Employees Are Evil - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jumia Sellers Beware: Jumia Employees Are Evil (1237 Views)

More Than 50% Of Jumia Sellers In Nigeria And Kenya Are Women Entrepreneurs / Jumia Sellers Community: Share Your Experience Selling On Jumia, It's Profitable / Learn Secret Hack On How To Make Your Jumia Store Profitable; For Jumia Sellers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia Sellers Beware: Jumia Employees Are Evil by Youngzedd(m): 11:49am On Feb 12, 2020
Issue sorted out. Jumia called.
Re: Jumia Sellers Beware: Jumia Employees Are Evil by LOGOBELT: 12:02pm On Feb 12, 2020
Youngzedd:
This is my ordeal with Jumia last weekend.

I bought Xiaomi earpiece from Jumia through this link > jumia dot com dot ng/xiaomi-in-ear-headphones-basic-global-version-black-44345639.html with the Order nÂș 327575838. Jumia seller: xiaomi-boutique @ jumia dot com dot ng/xiaomi-boutique/

On Saturday 8th February 2020, I got an SMS from Jumia about the delivery with the delivery guy's phone number. Later in the afternoon, He called me, but I couldn't hear clearly what He was saying, so I had to call him back, I told him that the address used was office address and I don't work on Saturday, so I sent my home address via SMS to him to bring the package. The distance from the office to my home address is about 2km.

After I sent him the SMS. I still called him, He said he will get back to me. I called him 3 times that day. Attached screenshot is a proof. I waited for the guy, but he didn't show up.

I woke up the next day (Sunday) to see cancellation email from Jumia. see attached screenshot.

What baffles me now is how this guys cancel an item they didn't attempt delivery and at the end of the day, the seller will pay for the shipping cost thinking that it was the buyer who disappointed without knowing that Jumia employee are the village people cancelling orders at will.

I am still trying to figure out how someone will be paid to do a job, instead of them doing the job, they won't do it but state that they did.

I have been calling this delivery guy, he keep dribbling me like Messi. He later told me yesterday that I should order the item again that they will return this one to Lagos. Mehn, I have to order and wait for about a week before getting the package. How sure am I that they won't cancel the order again and ask me to order another one grin.

Could you imagine that I have been calling this delivery guy since Saturday till this morning. This morning, he even put my call on hold when he realized that I am the one calling.

Had it been there is a way I can reorder it and get the package ASAP since it is in Calabar, that would have been better because it will save the seller the loss.

I just pity the Jumia innocent seller.

@Jumia some of your employees don't have conscience.

Oga, having read what you wrote here, you are at FAULT! You bridged the Contract.

Do you people read TERMS of Policies, Delivery Policies, Return Policies and FAQ, of a website before making an attempt to order from them?

The agreement was at Location A and you were not there so you instructed the delivery man to bring to Location B. On what cost? Who will pay him for the relocation? Or do you think Jumia and Konga pay their Dispatcher Monthly? They pay them Per delivery. He brought it to the given address, now who will pay the cost of him bringing it to location B? I dont understand your point.
I order and sell on Jumia too, so i know how this thing work, like i said Nigerians should learn to read a company's Terms of Services, Delivery Policies, Return and Refunds Policies. Some dont even know it exist.

Now you tag them EVIL. Thats not fair to a business earning millions monthly

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jumia Sellers Beware: Jumia Employees Are Evil by LOGOBELT: 12:11pm On Feb 12, 2020
And besides when an item is returned to a Merchant, for failed delivery JUMIA and KONGA doesnt charge the merchant for it.

Jumia and Konga only charge merchant when an item is returned, if the item is faulty, different from the ordered item.

So Oga i dont know where you got you fact.
Re: Jumia Sellers Beware: Jumia Employees Are Evil by Youngzedd(m): 12:12pm On Feb 12, 2020
LOGOBELT:

Oga, having read what you wrote here, you are at FAULT! You bridged the Contract.

Do you people read TERMS of Policies, Delivery Policies, Return Policies and FAQ, of a website before making an attempt to order from them?

The agreement was at Location A and you were not there so you instructed the delivery man to bring to Location B. On what cost? Who will pay him for the relocation? Or do you think Jumia and Konga pay their Dispatcher Monthly? They pay them Per delivery. He brought it to the given address, now who will pay the cost of him bringing it to location B? I dont understand your point.
I order and sell on Jumia too, so i know how this thing work, like i said Nigerians should learn to read a company's Terms of Services, Delivery Policies, Return and Refunds Policies. Some dont even know it exist.

Now you tag them EVIL. Thats not fair to a business earning millions monthly

FYI, he didn't bring it to the address, He called to arrange delivery. Just to let me know that He got my package for delivery.

According to Jumia terms and conditions, they return item after it has stayed there for 5 days without successful delivery, see attached image. Saturday isn't a working day, if they actually wanted to deliver the package, it would have been on Monday or any other business day.

If you check, Jumia operate of business day and Saturday is out of it.

Note: The delivery guy didn't tell me that He won't delivery to the new address. Even on Sunday, I called him, He said it will be sorted out that it will be delivered on Monday to the office

Re: Jumia Sellers Beware: Jumia Employees Are Evil by Youngzedd(m): 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2020
LOGOBELT:
And besides when an item is returned to a Merchant, for failed delivery JUMIA and KONGA doesnt charge the merchant for it.

Jumia and Konga only charge merchant when an item is returned, if the item is faulty, different from the ordered item.

So Oga i dont know where you got you fact.

The item was needed for something very import and that was why I ordered it.

This act has actually messed things up for me, it is not just about the money.
Re: Jumia Sellers Beware: Jumia Employees Are Evil by LOGOBELT: 12:26pm On Feb 12, 2020
Youngzedd:

Now, they return item after it has stayed there for 5 days without successful delivery. Saturday isn't a working day, if they actually wanted to deliver the package, it would have been on Monday or any other business day.

If you check, Jumia operate of business day and Saturday is out of it.

Note: The delivery guy didn't tell me that He won't delivery to the new address. Even on Sunday, I called him, He said it will be sorted out that it will be delivered on Monday to the office
You can't blame him, dispatcher delivers by Axis. Like a dispatcher might be given products to Ajah/Lekki Axis or Ikoyi/Obalende Axis only. I also heard they are given time to deliver task given to them, although i havent confirmed that. He might return to their store and tell them the customer us not available at the given address, and he is very RIGHT. The item will be tagged failed delivery.
The best you would have done is to come meet him at the given location, thats if he doesnt want to come to where you gave him OR you reschedule the delivery time to Monday

The second option is what i do alot, if am not available, I plead with the delivery man to reschedule to the next day. I swear he would have agreed and not have cancelled the order.

Like i do, whenever i have an order from a customer on Jumia and Konga, and I deliver to Konga or Jumia for delivery to the customer, i always view the progress, how the item is moving from one station to another, most cases my order status will be "Rescheduling to next day delivery" Some "failed delivery", each time i have failed delivery item, i call the customer immediately to know what happened, thats how we know the truth.

So you can reorder and if you are not available at that address, please reschedule and not instruct the dispatcher to bring to another location, though some dispatcher obliged, and thats if your delivery is their last delivery for the day.
Re: Jumia Sellers Beware: Jumia Employees Are Evil by Youngzedd(m): 12:46pm On Feb 12, 2020
LOGOBELT:

You can't blame him, dispatcher delivers by Axis. Like a dispatcher might be given products to Ajah/Lekki Axis or Ikoyi/Obalende Axis only. I also heard they are given time to deliver task given to them, although i havent confirmed that. He might return to their store and tell them the customer us not available at the given address, and he is very RIGHT. The item will be tagged failed delivery.
The best you would have done is to come meet him at the given location, thats if he doesnt want to come to where you gave him OR you reschedule the delivery time to Monday

The second option is what i do alot, if am not available, I plead with the delivery man to reschedule to the next day. I swear he would have agreed and not have cancelled the order.

Like i do, whenever i have an order from a customer on Jumia and Konga, and I deliver to Konga or Jumia for delivery to the customer, i always view the progress, how the item is moving from one station to another, most cases my order status will be "Rescheduling to next day delivery" Some "failed delivery", each time i have failed delivery item, i call the customer immediately to know what happened, thats how we know the truth.

So you can reorder and if you are not available at that address, please reschedule and not instruct the dispatcher to bring to another location, though some dispatcher obliged, and thats if your delivery is their last delivery for the day.

Check my previous response. I updated it.

According to Jumia terms and conditions, He is to deliver the package on working days not weekend. Also He is to attempt delivery 3 times in 5 days before they can cancel the order.

How can I meet with the guy who keep posting me, "I will get back to you"? He didn't turn down coming to the address I sent to him.

Re: Jumia Sellers Beware: Jumia Employees Are Evil by LOGOBELT: 5:46pm On Feb 12, 2020
Youngzedd:

Check my previous response. I updated it.

According to Jumia terms and conditions, He is to deliver the package on working days not weekend. Also He is to attempt delivery 3 times in 5 days before they can cancel the order.

How can I meet with the guy who keep posting me, "I will get back to you"? He didn't turn down coming to the address I sent to him.

I don tire

1 Like

Re: Jumia Sellers Beware: Jumia Employees Are Evil by Youngzedd(m): 10:40pm On Feb 12, 2020
LOGOBELT:

I don tire

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Think You Have Seen This Type Of Wrist Watch Before / Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Annual Return / Quality Nigerian Made Wears In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.